News The heat is on’: Ciraldo’s bold optimism questioned as Bulldogs’ ‘big kill’ theory emerges

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cry me a river it's been one game where we had barely any possession with new players....

it's going to take time, we'll come good and nab a few wins within the next month
Time is the most popular word on the kennel , it’s just a shame that I can’t time travel because I would of told the bulldogs to get a well experienced first grade coach,
We can talk about time again in a few weeks next time

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time is the most popular word on the kennel , it’s just a shame that I can’t time travel because I would of told the bulldogs to get a well experienced first grade coach,
We can talk about time again in a few weeks next time
cant expect teams to click straight away with new players every season....
it takes time to combine combinations in a game environment

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Doliphins 2023
How much time did they take ?
Round 1 they lead comp for 1/2 season -time
That's a completely stupid and very naïve comparison. The Dolphins had no players, none, zilch, diddly squat, SFA, they had a completely full salary cap available, no players already contracted, no players paid to play elsewhere, nothing, start with a 100% clean sheet. That's every coach's dream.

Also worth remembering that Bennett had 15 months to recruit whatever players he wanted, no other tasks, no NRL games to coach, no weekly media commitments, just recruit players. It's no accident that he recruited 3 experienced forwards from Melbourne who had 100's of games experience playing together. He put together a pretty good 17/19, that went well when they were together, but when injuries and suspensions kicked in the lack of depth was obvious. They did finish 13th for a reason.

Always a Bulldog

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IMHO Round 10 is when we will get a better idea of how successful Ciraldo’s coaching, and Gus’ rebuild is. I think until then we can’t really pass judgment.I mean it is only round 1. However,, I do understand those who are frustrated, as it’s been a long time since the Bulldogs tasted success.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me when NRL Fox have had something positive to say about the dogs. Every week their journalists pump out negative trivial articles about the dogs. I would love to be editor in chief because I would silence the strangler & all the other cronies in there.
In all fairness when has there been anything positive to say about the Dogs? every year the same shit, we spend a lot of money on Players, coaching staff, all the supporters start off the preseason with lots of hope and optimism. and the first game we get served the same rubbish, Parramatta are one of our main rivals and they keep rubbing our noses in it', And to be very honest, I think Ciraldo is our biggest concern, again last week we saw the same pattern as last year, No game plan, no urgency, and no Idea, his team selection is terrible. as is his rotation, Now I look at the team selection for week 2 against the Sharks, no Changes! except for Tracey replacing an injured Ado - car on the wing, just as we predicted on TK and I bet we end up with the same result. Apart from missing some good middle forwards he now has the cattle to attack with, but I think they are lacking motivation and direction.
After a loss he always states that he was happy with the effort, Well maybe he is BUT the fans are far from happy to see our once proud club turned to easy beats for such a long time and we are letting journalist like Buzz and others take the piss out of us, I know It's only the first game and maybe out of frustration I am overreacting but you know what they say ,"You can tell a good day by the sun shine in the morning"

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
There always has to be some character in the media that is desperate for ratings and will took nonsense to be controversial in order to get it. Weidler was that for ages and now its Buzzdick.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell me when NRL Fox have had something positive to say about the dogs. Every week their journalists pump out negative trivial articles about the dogs. I would love to be editor in chief because I would silence the strangler & all the other cronies in there.
The whole month before the season started was how good it was we have new players, Xerri redemption. Critta club changer etc

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i don't know, unlike barrett, ciraldo doesn't look too stressed and doesn't seem like he's under pressure besides from the likes of rothfield, who would write about how many coaches we've gone through if they do sack him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kent was 100% correct - all Dogs need to see is improvement. They are not a top 8 team and are still a way off, but improvement means they are building to that. It's going to be week to week.

Buzz tried to start with RFM at Dragons saying he looked brilliant and Kyle Flanagan looked great obviously to then start having a go at Dogs but Anasta shut him up quick lol
Fucking Buzz. Can't wait for more of Wanless round review videos to see Buzz impersonation again lol.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The whole month before the season started was how good it was we have new players, Xerri redemption. Critta club changer etc
100% hey. I think we get more positive off/pre season articles than any other team. I did read one article I can't remember who wrote it calling out Goulds recruiting as absolute garbage.

But for the most part it's been positive journalism and very optimistic how much the new recruits were going to give the top teams a real scare this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% hey. I think we get more positive off/pre season articles than any other team. I did read one article I can't remember who wrote it calling out Goulds recruiting as absolute garbage.

But for the most part it's been positive journalism and very optimistic how much the new recruits were going to give the top teams a real scare this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app
And who would really believe that? Outside of critta the rest are average nrl players