The Haas family is

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fucked.

Didn't know where to post this.

Payne Haas's younger brother has allegedly been caught attempting to traffic methamphetamine worth $1million into New South Wales from Queensland.

Zeda Haas, 19, was arrested at around 11.45am on Tuesday at Beresfield, west of Newcastle, over an alleged attempt to bring 1.8kg of ice into the state.

NSW Police confirmed they stopped the pair on Apprentice Close in Beresfield before allegedly finding the apparent drugs which are said to have an estimated street value of over $1million.

'Both men were arrested at the scene and taken to Maitland Police Station,' the statement read.

'There they were charged with traffick in commercial quantity of controlled drug, and take part supply prohibited drug — large commercial quantity.'

The suspects were refused bail and will appear before Maitland Local Court on Wednesday.

Zeda's arrest comes just months after his friend, Jeremiah Lolohea, lost his life following a drug overdose.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if this brothers arrest + TPJ leaving the dogs is what led to him re-signing after all indications were him going to November 1
His manager has always said, if the Broncos got the amount right etc, Haas would sign before Nov 1.

I can find the links if you want.

Haas signed a few days after the Eels game.

Walters also said Haas would sign before Nov 1 & he said about 3 weeks ago, he would sign within 2-3 weeks.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The manager of prop Payne Haas says the Brisbane star could re-sign with the club before November 1 if a package that includes a palatable "life after football" component is tabled.

Brisbane Broncos head coach Kevin Walters is expecting star prop Payne Haas to re-sign within the next few weeks.

Merhi said the new Broncos contract was "private and confidential", but added there were other suitors who had put forward lucrative offers. Merhi has always said getting the deal done was not about money and confirmed Haas had been in high demand.

"Payne has knocked back a $2 million-per-season deal to stay at Brisbane," he said. "The offer was emailed to me. I showed it to Payne and he knocked it back.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I would think he would want to leave QLD to get away from the crazy fam. I hope Payne is distancing himself from them, they just bring so much trouble and heartache and nothing but bad news

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fucked.

Didn't know where to post this.

Payne Haas's younger brother has allegedly been caught attempting to traffic methamphetamine worth $1million into New South Wales from Queensland.

Zeda Haas, 19, was arrested at around 11.45am on Tuesday at Beresfield, west of Newcastle, over an alleged attempt to bring 1.8kg of ice into the state.

NSW Police confirmed they stopped the pair on Apprentice Close in Beresfield before allegedly finding the apparent drugs which are said to have an estimated street value of over $1million.

'Both men were arrested at the scene and taken to Maitland Police Station,' the statement read.

'There they were charged with traffick in commercial quantity of controlled drug, and take part supply prohibited drug — large commercial quantity.'

The suspects were refused bail and will appear before Maitland Local Court on Wednesday.

Zeda's arrest comes just months after his friend, Jeremiah Lolohea, lost his life following a drug overdose.

you must be stoked on re-signing :tearsofjoy: :tonguewink: