Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
walcott can piss right of as far as im concerned, i dont even think he is worth the £75,000 a week they have offered him, a speedy winger with no tricks and no end product...navas or affelay would be 10 times better
11 goals last year and I think 10 assists. Agree doesn't deserve the £75,000, but can we really afford to let go of our second highest goal scorer from last year?

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
11 goals last year and I think 10 assists. Agree doesn't deserve the £75,000, but can we really afford to let go of our second highest goal scorer from last year?
if he doesnt want to be there he should go, im sick of all these players turning around and spitting on the club that made them who they are

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a good laugh.

Nou Camp star set for Emirates Stadium return?
Reports from Spanish source Marca and Inside Spanish Football link Cesc Fabregas with a return to Arsenal, claiming the 25 year old has failed to force his way into new Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova’s first team plans.
This would be something of a surprise and could well be a piece of fiction thought up by Marca, a publication that is famous for attacking Barcelona or producing hard to believe reports related to the Catalan giants.
Fabregas was overlooked by Vilanova for both legs of the Spanish Super Cup Final against Real Madrid but the former Gunners skipper has started both Barcelona’s La Liga fixtures this term so speculation about the Spanish international not being a player Vilanova has faith in appear to hold very little water.
A move away from Barcelona, and indeed a return to the Emirates Stadium, seem impossible to believe though clearly Fabregas is a player who made a real impact at Arsenal during seven seasons as a first team regular.
Cesc Fabregas pushed for a return to Barcelona, having left the La Liga side at the age of 16, having failed to achieve much in the way of tangible success. The midfielder secured just an FA Cup success during his time at the North London club.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and another one

Arsenal add new player to squad list on official website.
A massive blooper on Arsenal’s official website suggests that Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye will shortly join the Gunners.
The below image, displayed on twitter by @AFC_Followers, indicates that a shirt labelled ‘Cabaye 17′ is available to buy, suggesting the Magpies star and French international will sign for Arsenal imminently.
A quick examination of the online shopping section of the official website suggests a close match to the image.
Arsenal have been linked with Cabaye as a replacement for Alex Song, who joined Barcelona for £15m earlier this month, with the Toon reportedly willing to sell the pass-master if a massive bid comes in.
Judging from the below, the north Londoners have made Newcastle an offer they can’t refuse.

View attachment 20069

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at the fabregas one. Even if barca wanted to sell, wenger couldn't afford him. Cabaye one looks pretty real though.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fail to believe either but a welcome relief from articles about key players leaving :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
That's definitely a positive so far. It gives us something less to worry about.

I'm sure this new look attack with click and the goals will come but we can't afford to start playing catch up from this early in the season, especially with a tough month coming up.
surely there has to be a good striker that we can throw the cheque book at....because i thinks thats what we are really missing...we wont have a chance in hell to win any trophies if we dont solve this problem fairly quickly

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see a lot of potential in Giroud, he has a wicked strike on him, good in the air, pretty good hold up player. I think he will be very handy with time.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently Arsenal have a 35m buy back clause on him. They should troll Barca hard and activate it.
Apparently we get 50% of the transfer fee generated if Barca sell him. Does that mean we'd get him for half price? :p

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently we get 50% of the transfer fee generated if Barca sell him. Does that mean we'd get him for half price? :p
ha ha that would be hilarious..plus I still think they owe us some money from the transfer so we could get him for $15 .mil lol

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like your thoughts.

On a serious note. I am truly finding it difficult to identify with this Arsenal team. I mean only Walcott is left from the genuine starters of 3 years ago. I try to motivate myself to support them, but it is making it difficult when all we cop is ridicule from other team supporters and our own board.

I though Wenger was of the belief that any more than 3 transfers a year disrupts the team. But what about selling your entire 1st team? Not disruptive?

Of the recent signings, Kos, Ox, Podolski & Cazorla would have benefited the previous squads. And the development of Szesny has been quick. Just think of the squad we could of had.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wenger has been so close to building an amazing squad over the past 5-6 years. Look at the talent that has left us; Fabregas, Nasri, Song, Flamini, Diarra, Adebayor, RVP etc.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wenger has been so close to building an amazing squad over the past 5-6 years. Look at the talent that has left us; Fabregas, Nasri, Song, Flamini, Diarra, Adebayor, RVP etc.
That's what dissapoints me. Most players that have left have done so claiming lack of ambition or trophies. Same same. But if they stuck together we would have the strongest squad in the EPL. It has to come down to the management of the squad and the boards policies.

Really crap way to run a football club.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. Nothing is ever easy. We need to score goals to win.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the faith guys. Our 3 most likely goal scorers have played 2 premier league games, the first with each other aswell. They WILL come good and the goals will follow.