15 Rosicky, Tomas No
16 Sagna, Bacary No
17 Clarindo Dos Santos, Andre No
18 Song Bilong, Alexandre Dimitri Yes
19 Squillaci, Sebastien No
20 Van Persie, Robin No
21 Vermaelen, Thomas No
22 Walcott, Theo James Yes

Arsenal - Under 21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Afobe, Benik
Alves da Silva, Wellington
Aneke, Chukwuemeka Ademola Amachi
Angha, Martin Yves
Ansah, Zak Andy
Bartley, Kyle
Bihmoutine, Samir
Boateng, Daniel
Brislen-Hall, George
Bunjaku, Alban
Campbell, James Andrew
Campbell, Joel
Charles-Cook, Reice Jordan
Coquelin, Francis
Eastmond, Craig Leon
Ebecilio, Kyle Stephen Joel
Fagan, Zachari Freddy Casey
Freeman, Luke Anthony
Frimpong, Emmanuel Yan
Galindo, Samuel
Glasgow, Benjamin Luke
Hajrovic, Sead
Hayden, Isaac Scot
Henderson, Conor Alan
Hoyte, Gavin Andrew
Jeffrey, Anthony Lamar Malcolm
Jenkinson, Carl Daniel
Lansbury, Henri George
Martinez, Damain Emiliano
McDermott, Sean
Meade, Jernade Ronnel
Miquel-Pons, Ignasi
Miyaichi, Ryo
Monakana, Jeffrey
Monteiro, Elton Almada
Murphy, Rhys Philip Elliot
Oldfield Spence-Neita, Nigel Paul
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexander Mark David
Ozyakup, Oguzhan
Ramsey, Aaron James
Rees, Joshua David
Roberts, Philip James
Shea, James
Szczesny, Wojciech Tomasz
Watt, Herschel Oulio Sanchez
Webb, Callum Taylor
Wilshere, Jack Andrew
Wynter, Jordan James Cecil
Yennaris, Nicholas

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i honestly think gervinho has alot to offer. pacy, skillful but sometimes lacks that final pass or killer instinct. he will be great for you this year i think, so will walcott permitting he stays injury free.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Gervinho could be handy up front too, he looked good moving in to that role in the pre-season game where he scored 2 goals.

Walcott also is best when he makes runs centrally. I see him as a striker in the future.

In our front three, those 3 players can make us more dangerous by switching and alternating roles throughout the game as RVP often loves to come back into deeper roles throughout the game, so when he does that Walcott can move more centrally and look for the ball through and to utilise his pace.

I'm really excited for our next game, we have a pretty easy opponent, with all due respect, so it will be a good game to give our new signings a run. I'd like to see:

Chesney
Sagna --- Mertesacker --- Vermaelen --- Gibbs
Frimpong
Ramsey --- Arteta
Walcott -- RVP -- Benayoun​

Would rather see Benayoun start over Arshavin, better work rate and Arshavin is more effective from the bench.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RVP played a little deeper for Netherlands at some points during their game. Perhaps he can do that for us with Gervinho/Walcott overlapping and making runs centrally?

Would definately keep the opposition CBs on their heels.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack Wilshere
I can confirm I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger!
Not good at all...

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to a report in the Daily Telegraph, Arsenal are unsure when Thomas Vermaelen will return to first-team action.
Surely it can't happen again...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously what else could go wrong?
Thankfully we bought Mertesacker. I reckon him and Koscielny could be immense.

I think Koscielny could become a world class defender, has great distribution, he's relatively quick, very good at reading the game (probably the most important part of defending) which makes it easy for him to make interceptions and he is capable of some superb slide tackles when we're in danger. Partner him with another top quality defender and we are well set.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankfully we bought Mertesacker. I reckon him and Koscielny could be immense.

I think Koscielny could become a world class defender, has great distribution, he's relatively quick, very good at reading the game (probably the most important part of defending) which makes it easy for him to make interceptions and he is capable of some superb slide tackles when we're in danger. Partner him with another top quality defender and we are well set.
I agree but the only issue I have is between both of them there is only one full season of premier league experience and I have no faith in Djourou if any of those two get injured.

I've always been a fan of Koscielny. Even though he had a few errors in his game last season he always showed great vision and broke down alot of opposition plays.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but the only issue I have is between both of them there is only one full season of premier league experience and I have no faith in Djourou if any of those two get injured.

I've always been a fan of Koscielny. Even though he had a few errors in his game last season he always showed great vision and broke down alot of opposition plays.
True, but Mertesacker is an experienced player, so he should learn soon enough I'd hope. I've also lost faith in Djourou, he was so solid for us last season and when he got injured at United, a lot of people thought our season was well and truly over as a result, such was his importance to our defence. However, some of the things he's done of late have been dead set retarded, like the ball watching for Welbeck's goal against United.

As for Koscielny, and I know this kinda contradicts what I said about Mertesacker, but I always think it's good to give a player like that a year to adapt to a new league, so there are going to be mistakes, and unfortunately one came in the CC final but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but Mertesacker is an experienced player, so he should learn soon enough I'd hope. I've also lost faith in Djourou, he was so solid for us last season and when he got injured at United, a lot of people thought our season was well and truly over as a result, such was his importance to our defence. However, some of the things he's done of late have been dead set retarded, like the ball watching for Welbeck's goal against United.

As for Koscielny, and I know this kinda contradicts what I said about Mertesacker, but I always think it's good to give a player like that a year to adapt to a new league, so there are going to be mistakes, and unfortunately one came in the CC final but that's just how it goes sometimes.
It does but with 75 International caps you'd expect him to be adapt alot sooner than Koscielny was.

As for Djourou (you can probably find earlier in this thread aswell) I have always been a critic of his performances. Even when he was playing well he still used to make some crucial errors like lose the ball just outside our box or get caught ball watching at times. He has never really looked like becoming a world class CB in my eyes.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is TV ever fit for a month? 8 weeks? Well at least our schedule isn't that bad.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On his twitter he says he'll be back in training after 4 weeks. Hopefully he's back soon after then because we have a few big games around that time.

Can't wait to see Arteta and Mertesacker in action this weekend.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable performance by our 'Pole in the Goal'

Look out for the amazing double save 2:20 in.

[video=youtube;oTO_5QDMGGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTO_5QDMGGw[/video]

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Some great saves there, the kid is a freak!!!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the reaction Eduardo got from our fans when he returned with Shaktar, gives me goosebumps, I love Eduardo.

[video=youtube;TxjpXAb0Wg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxjpXAb0Wg8&feature=player_embedded[/video]