ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Chezzy

Sagna - Vermaelen - Mertesacker - Santos

Song

Wilshere - Arteta

Gerinvho - RvP - Walcott

Things are looking much better then they were a few days ago, we have no replaced Cesc/Nasri but our defence is MUCH stronger and we have more depth in the midfield.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chezzy

Sagna - Vermaelen - Mertesacker - Santos

Song

Wilshere - Arteta

Walcott - RvP - Gerinvho

Things are looking much better then they were a few days ago, we have no replaced Cesc/Nasri but our defence is MUCH stronger and we have more depth in the midfield.
Switch them around and that team would be our strongest.

Frimpong in for Song and Arshavin/Ox for Gervinho and that should be our team Vs Swansea.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another note, Lansbury stood out in England U21s game. Scored two and two assists in their 6-0 win. Glad he's only out on loan because I think he will be a big loss if he leaves permanently.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gibbs will be first choice left back I think. He's better on defence than Santos, and that's saying something.

By the way, I'd actually prefer to start Benayoun against Swansea and bring Arshavin off the bench. Also would be nice to see Chamberlain get a game off the bench if we are winning well, 20-30 minutes would be great.

Apparently Chamberlain was immense for England U-21's this morning against Azerbaijan.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Santos will start in place of Gibbs imo
I'm talking about in general, not just for the Swansea game. Have you ever seen Santos play? He has worse positioning than Gibbs, always well out of position as he is very attack minded.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Ive seen Santos play a few times and he isnt the best defender but if we are taking into his account to get up field and contribute in attack, id have him over Gibbs for sure and Gibbs is hardly healthy anyways lol

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive seen Santos play a few times and he isnt the best defender but if we are taking into his account to get up field and contribute in attack, id have him over Gibbs for sure and Gibbs is hardly healthy anyways lol
Gibbs can attack too you know, in fact that's what he's more known for and he started his career as a winger.

I stand by the fact that Gibbs is the first choice left back at the club. I'll stand down from that if it becomes apparent that Gibbs isn't first choice, but I believe Wenger has made some sort of note to him that he is number 1.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Either way, its better then the back up choice being Traore lol Gibbs/Santos have good competition for the spot now and lets hope it raises both their games.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Walcott will be fine, there was way too much hype on him and he is still young. He has already bagged 3 goals this year and i expect him to step up.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Walcott will be good once he plays up front. He's never, ever been a winger.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walcott will be good once he plays up front. He's never, ever been a winger.
100%

He is great one on one with the keeper but he lacks the skill to beat defenders and cut back in.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Korea 2-0 Lebanon Half-time

Park 8', 45'

45 minutes for him to finish off his hat-trick.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Watched it last nite...

Park chu young was so amazing...

As far as Lebanon goes... I'm surprised that emile rustom has lasted this long as coach for Lebanon... He should've left after the last world cup campaign

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RVP got four for Holland too, and Ramsey scored the winner for Wales against Montenegro.