Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say he had to compare the fans, I'm just saying that it's not as though anyone would expect him to say something positive about the Arsenal fans, as in it's not surprising his comments have that connotation. Although, in fairness to Nasri, he did base his point about the City fans on having played at Eastlands, so it's not as though he had nothing to go on.

I really like Frimpong too, I was gutted he got injured last season, finally we have a genuine back up to Song.
Yeh sorry I misread your post.

If we hadn't lost Fabregas I wouldn't be worried about Nasri leaving but obviously now our midfield, which was our strongest part of the squad, is perhaps our weakest part of the team. M'Vila to me is a waste of money as Song and Frimpong are good enough depth for that position with Coquelin having alot of promise aswell. I'd rather use that supposed 22mil we're offering on an attacking midfielder or striker.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with what Nasri did. But he could have done without commenting about Arsenal fans.

If he is indeed getting paid what is being reported at Man C, then good on him. The fault lies with the Arsenal board and our wage policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
As you guys have said, he did nothing wrong but was there really a point in commenting on the fans, pretty stupid on his behalf and i hope the fans rip into him when we play them at home.

Now that we are in the CL, lets hope this gets us a couple of signings asap.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think this is a really exciting time for the gunners. They have the opportunity to pick up a few top players, have a crack at the CL and Premiership without having all the expectation on them. They need some talent to come in, but still not a bad side. They still have the ability to make the top 4 and cause havoc in the CL.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think this is a really exciting time for the gunners. They have the opportunity to pick up a few top players, have a crack at the CL and Premiership without having all the expectation on them. They need some talent to come in, but still not a bad side. They still have the ability to make the top 4 and cause havoc in the CL.
I agree but we have to spend BIG if were going to be a threat in either comp in my opinion.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Champions League pots.

POT 1
Barcelona
Manchester United
Chelsea
Bayern Munich
Arsenal
Real Madrid
FC Porto
Inter Milan

POT 2
AC Milan
Lyon
Shakhtar Donetsk
Valencia
Benfica
Villarreal
CSKA Moscow
Marseille

POT 3
Zenit St Petersburg
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Olympiakos
Manchester City
Lille
FC Basel
BATE Borisov

POT 4
Borussia Dortmund
Napoli
Dinamo Zagreb
APOEL
Trabzonspor
Genk
Viktoria Plzen
Otelul Galati

Simply one from each pot randomly drawn and make up the 8 groups. Each group can only have 1 team from each competition, eg Arsenal can not be grouped with Manchester City even though they are in a different pot.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barcelona
AC Milan
Manchester City
Borussia Dortmund

Would be grand.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, praying for that group and for AC and Dortmund to go through ;)

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately a 15-20 year Number 1

[video=youtube;jteaYNvyNVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jteaYNvyNVM[/video]

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arsenal are interested in signing Real Madrid defender Raul Albiol for £8million to strengthen their defensive options.
The 25-year-old has fallen out of favour at the Bernabeu since the arrival of Jose Mourinho and finds himself behind Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Rafael Varane in the pecking order.
Regular right-back Sergio Ramos is also preferred to the Spain international as a centre-back option.
Former club, Valencia have registered their interest in taking Albiol back to the Mestalla after selling him to Madrid in 2009 for £13million.
Arsenal tried to sign him then as well and could reignite their interest as their hunt for a top quality centre-half continues, according to the Metro.
Moves for Gary Cahill, Christopher Samba and Phil Jagielka have broken down over transfer fee, while Scott Dann is seen as a back up choice.
The need for a new defensive partner for Thomas Vermaelen has been highlighted already by injuries to Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou.
Frenchman Sebastien Squillaci is up for sale, leaving youngster Ignasi Miquel as the only other option for manager Arsene Wenger.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interest by Arsenal in Fiorentina’s midfielder Riccardo Montolivo is serious Footybunker.com have been led to believe.
It was at first apparent that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger would be looking at Roma midfielder Danielle De Rossi however sources now confirm there is interest in 26 year old Montolivo as a replacement for Cesc Fabregas. The Italian international has been with the Serie A side since 2005 and could be available for around £12m.
With Wenger vowing to strengthen the squad before the transfer window closes in a weeks time, Montolivo is one player the North London side have made enquiries into and are considering a bid believe to be “slightly above £10m”. With little or no interest from other Premiership sides at the moment, the 26 year old seems to be one target Arsenal may actually finalise a deal for.
www.footybunker.com

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo could go for less as I believe he is reluctant to sign a new deal with Fiorentina.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so keen on Albiol unless he is a Squillaci replacement, as in 5th choice...

As for Montolivo, yes please :grinning:

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
montolivo is ok, dosnt hold a candle to other italian MFs of old though.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'd have to **** off ramsey and play him next to wilshere though.