Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilshere may only miss 2-3 weeks and not 2 months but still doesn't hide the fact we'll be pretty bare in the midfield.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So according to the latest, we are not missing out on players because of Arsene refusing to pay the transfer fee, but due to the clubs policy on player payments and prospective players perception of us. We now have a reputation as a club who's content to play CL each year, and not go after trophies.

$$$$ over silverware.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$$$$ over silverware.
It's been the case for a while now, hence why I've been advocating getting the scum on our board out.

The fans are becoming more and more aware, so they'll soon know they'll have to either act or get the **** out of the club.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This club is in a very sad state. With the board choosing to do bussiness like this its only going to get worst

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
This has been an off season from hell and imagine we get knocked out tomorrow, i cant even think of what would happen. If their only concern is making money and not going after the best and winning, then we are in for a long season and finishing in the top half would be an accomplishment.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Imagine the worst situation, that we lose Fábregas and Nasri; you cannot convince people that you are ambitious after that."

“And even if you lose Nasri, to find the same quality player, you have to spend again the same amount of money. Because you cannot say, you lose the player and you do not replace him.

“I believe for us it is important the message we give out. For example, you talk about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving. If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you."
Perhaps the biggest sign that Wenger has NO control over contract negotiations.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
you guys should do what we did last season and go on a Guerilla campaign to have the current board removed and bring new ones who want to win.

Look at where it got us after we campaigned to get Beavis and Butthead ****ed off our club.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is that we wont get anything done by the end of this transfer window and I don't think the team is good enough to stick to the top four until next transfer window.

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1-1 against udinese 30 mins left.

udiniese had a penalty to put them into the lead but was saved.

di natale scored the first goal and rvp equalised with the assist from gervinho

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-1 arsenal

19 mins left walcott scores and it is certain that we have qualified now for champions league. :P

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasri: "Arsenal fans are not passionate."

what a merc **** lol

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasri: "Arsenal fans are not passionate."

what a merc **** lol
LOL. Maybe he should read an Arsenal forum or listen to our away supporters at games.

As if he is going to see passionate fans at City.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liam Brady said our interest motivated City to buy Nasri

our being Man Utd ofc.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liam Brady said our interest motivated City to buy Nasri

our being Man Utd ofc.
Wouldn't be surprised. They probably have their scout tail yours and put offers in wherever you guys do.

Great result this morning to get through to the group stages. Hopefully that translates into alot of player movement (mainly players coming in).

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasri is a spoilt brat. Good win by Arsenal.

Not passionate eh mr nasri? Hopefully Frimpong snaps you like a twig. Wonder if he now ignores Frimpong as well as Gallas.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is in a few years Frimpong will probably do a 'Nasri'...

Lille want 48mil for Hazard. Their president said he's better than Nasri and is contracted till 2015. Makes sense with Nasri only having one year left but 48mil is WAY too much for a 20 year old. Clearly he doesn't want to sell him but i think an offer of 30-35mil will tempt them. I think we will need to pay overs anyway given it's so late in the transfer window.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's wrong with what Nasri did? Honestly I don't see how he is at fault. Yeah sure, fuck City, but them and their dirty oil money have more chance of success right now. They may be the reason many older fans hate the game as it is, but they are in a better position than us for honours.

More chance of success + more money, who wouldn't take that opportunity? Although I am pissed off at what he said about or fans, especially when he piuts fickle ******s like City fans ahead of us. City have some of the thickest fans, just read Blue Moon for proof. But then again, what do you expect him to say? ''I am happy to be at City but their fans aren't as good as Arsenal's''.

I'd probably still boo him just because that's how things go, but I don't see what he's done wrong. But yeah, fuck City, can't wait till the Arabs take their money and the club goes down the drain.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I agree there's nothing 'wrong' with what Nasri did but he did technically hold us to ransom (eventhough it didn't work).

I disagree with you on his statement regarding the fans though. He doesn't have to compare the fans at all. What has he seen of City fans to make that judgement in the first place? All he has to say is he's greatful for their support and it ends there. He is still upset about the fans chanting about him.

Will be interesting to see Frimpong line him up when they play each other ;)

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh I agree there's nothing 'wrong' with what Nasri did but he did technically hold us to ransom (eventhough it didn't work).

I disagree with you on his statement regarding the fans though. He doesn't have to compare the fans at all. What has he seen of City fans to make that judgement in the first place? All he has to say is he's greatful for their support and it ends there. He is still upset about the fans chanting about him.

Will be interesting to see Frimpong line him up when they play each other ;)
I didn't say he had to compare the fans, I'm just saying that it's not as though anyone would expect him to say something positive about the Arsenal fans, as in it's not surprising his comments have that connotation. Although, in fairness to Nasri, he did base his point about the City fans on having played at Eastlands, so it's not as though he had nothing to go on.

I really like Frimpong too, I was gutted he got injured last season, finally we have a genuine back up to Song.