Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
KENWRIGHT TO STEP IN

Everton's chairman Bill Kenwright is ready to step in after Everton manager has insisted he is not interested in selling England's International defender Phil Jagielka to Arsenal.

Arsenal had their 3rd bid turned down which was reported at around £15 milliion.

However, reports from Merseyside believes that Bill Kenwright is willing to sell Phil Jagielka against David Moyes wishes which could leave Everton supporters fuming.

With Everton's current financial situation, their inactivity during the transfer window and losing 1-0 at home to newly promoted Queens Park Rangers on Saturday, Kenwright will be more then happy to do business.

Despite Arsenal losing 2-0 at home to rivals' Liverpool and running short on playing staff, manager Arsene Wenger has insisted that he is in no rush to spend money in the market.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
:roflol:

SPANISH SENSATION Cesc Fabregas has revealed that moving to Barcelona was the biggest mistake of his life and is desperately lobbying the Champions’ League winners for an immediate return home to his teenhood club Arsenal.

During his last three seasons in north London Fabregas made no secret of his desire to play for Barcelona, changing his first name by deed poll to ‘Wantaway’ and training in a Barcelona replica kit paid for out of his own pocket.

But in an emotional interview with Heat, the playmaker revealed how his dream move has turned into a nightmare.

“My dream move has turned into a nightmare”, he said. “It is like I finally kissed the girl I have been fantasizing about for years, and then opened my eyes and realised she was Carlos Puyol.”

He continued: “Nothing about this as good as I hoped it would be – it is too hot, they all speak too quickly, and everybody has their dinner at midnight.”

Fabregas is reportedly disappointed by the level of Barcelona’s famous continental sophistical, describing it as “merely a diguise for a lack of banter”.

Friends of the star hinted that Fabregas had arrived for his first day training gleefully expecting a team mate to cut up his socks, set his trousers on fire or sleep with his girlfriend for a joke. When his initiation failed to materialise Fabregas is said to have flushed his own head down the toilet so he could feel like one of the lads.

Fabregas is also unhappy with hislack of playing opportunities: “When I signed for Barcelona Guardiola promised me an automatic first-team place, but I am the worst player at the club.

“I spend most of the day carrying out undemanding administrative tasks. It has been terrible for my self-esteem. I have begged the manager to sign Nicklas Bendnter so I can get my confidence back.”

Fabregas confessed that his nostalgia for England has led to disturbed sleep and erratic behaviour. “Last night, I dreamt that I was being kicked through the middle of Stoke on a wet Wednesday night. In the dream I was so happy, but when I woke up and remembered all the photocopying I had to do, I was devastated.

“I am so lonely I have even started phoning Emmanuel Frimpong. We weren’t really friends during my time with the Gunners, but now the thought of never partnering him in another shuttle run makes me feel like crying. I just want to go home.”

Although Arsenal are thought to be interested in ending Fabregas’ Spanish exile, manager Arsène Wenger is unwilling to meet the Catalan giant’s £35 million valuation of the player, and instead targeting several rough diamond French teenagers who might be good in 2016.

http://www.the-gaffer.com/news/cesc-fabregas-on-joining-barcelona-ive-made-a-huge-mistake.html

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone seen this article, if true it makes sense

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s378/st170548.htm
Yes. I saw this on an Arsenal forum yesterday. I came in here to post it now because my internet has been down for a while but you've beat me to it. :grinning:

I do think there's some truth to this. Ever wonder why David Dein left the club? Because David Dein had ambition and actually looked to push through deals in the market. He knew how the market worked and the game in general. It's so unfortunate that dirty corporate greed is ruining this club.

I'm actually becoming more and more partial to a bit more influence from Usmanov and Dein's Red & White Holdings. They have the ambition and the finances.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
good luck this week :grinning: You're gonna need it lol.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck this week :grinning: You're gonna need it lol.
As long as were not as bad as Tottenham I'll be content.

MASSIVE game against Udinese coming up on Thursday morning. Must win or else we could miss out on a few players (Hazard, M'Vila and Martin). Definately worth cup-tieing Nasri.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok latest news to come through.

Wilshere fails to recover in time to make the squad to play Udinese

Nasri has asked Wenger not to include him in the CL squad so as to not affect his potential transfer. Wenger is said to have obliged.

Juan Mata has said he knocked back the gunners and spurs in joining Chelsea, in belief he will win more trophies with them.

Those are the abbreviated versions of the latest news.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilshere may be out for a further 2 months after suffering a recurrence of his ankle injury.

This cannot be happening...

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me...Another 2 months for Wilshere, we have to have the dumbest medical staff.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
tweet by Frimpong

EmmanuelF4 Emmanuel Y Frimpong
Money is the Roots of all Evil
42 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Lol let's hope he remembers that when he gets older

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and than this to Jack Wilshere - @JackWilshere: Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!"Pffffff comeon Jack

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't blame Nasri for leaving. The board is driving us further and further backwards.

The fans know now, they will be on the boards back for leeching the club dry. Wenger is not blameless either, nor is Nasri a winner stuck at a crap club, he's a class player but a half season wonder who needs to prove himself worthy of the big wage.

If we don't buy at least 2 players we will be out of the top 4 this season. Face the facts.

I wonder if United fans are still against the Glazers? Or would they rather be owned by a bunch of greedy ******s who have no regard for the success of the club past the CL money? I know who I'd rather have influence from.