Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isnt Wenger the 3rd highest paid coach in the world? Hes made a lot of money for Arsenal over the years but he's definitely underachieved in the last few years with his recruitmet policy.

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its inexcusable to not of bought a replacement center back after selling vermaelan. Every season its the same problems happening all over again injuries. I personally think we wont get top 4 this season these draws are not good enough the only draw that is acceptable is man city the rest should of been wins.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
its inexcusable to not of bought a replacement center back after selling vermaelan. Every season its the same problems happening all over again injuries. I personally think we wont get top 4 this season these draws are not good enough the only draw that is acceptable is man city the rest should of been wins.
We should of beat Man Shitty, we had the lead and buckled.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Today's paper talk...

Arsenal will try to recruit current Real Madrid boss and former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti if Arsene Wenger accepts a lucrative offer to take charge of Monaco at the end of the season. (Daily Express)

Manchester City have earmarked Arsenal's record signing Mesut Ozil, 26, as the man to replace unsettled playmaker Yaya Toure. (Metro)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
My understanding about Wenger's contract renewal was that the club had assurances from Wenger that he would sign a new contract however rumours were that if Arsenal lost the FA Cup final then he would leave and if Arsenal won the FA Cup then he would put pen to paper

In the end, Arsenal defeated Hull City and Wenger finally committed to signing the new contract tabled by the club

So while he broke the trophy drought, that meant Wenger would commit to a further 3 years so make of it what you will

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ospina injured for up to 3 months and Szczesny Suspended for Arsneal's game tomorrow

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My understanding about Wenger's contract renewal was that the club had assurances from Wenger that he would sign a new contract however rumours were that if Arsenal lost the FA Cup final then he would leave and if Arsenal won the FA Cup then he would put pen to paper

In the end, Arsenal defeated Hull City and Wenger finally committed to signing the new contract tabled by the club

So while he broke the trophy drought, that meant Wenger would commit to a further 3 years so make of it what you will
I remember we were debating whether it was better to win that nothing trophy or lose it and get rid of Wenger.

I actually wanted to lose to get rid of the frog.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We sure did. We won't get anything this year. It's a slow train wreck disaster.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are a mess. Yes, we won 2-1 but the scoreline flatters us completely.

This weeks EPL game is a must win. We are already ELEVEN points off the leaders. We must win and stop f*cking drawing, FFS!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are a mess. Yes, we won 2-1 but the scoreline flatters us completely.

This weeks EPL game is a must win. We are already ELEVEN points off the leaders. We must win and stop f*cking drawing, FFS!
We will draw/lose.

I say it will be a 2-all draw or 2-1 loss.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thank god we have Sanchez. His pressure to win the ball, and then calmly chip Mannone. 1-0.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sanchez!!! In ET pinches it off Mannone.

truly didn't deserve to win this.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad we finally won and stopped drawing and I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy here, but what if Mannone hadn't stuffed up twice? Nil all draw?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad we finally won and stopped drawing and I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy here, but what if Mannone hadn't stuffed up twice? Nil all draw?
Yep exactly. Teams defending against us are playing with 2 straight lines of back 4s. We need to find a way to break them down. The goal area is far too crowded.

And results from the weekend definately helped us, with the top sides dropping points. Perhaps we can sneak in a top 4 trophy somehow.

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pedro has handed in a transfer request at barca and wenger is keen on signing pedro for 20 mil. Tbh pedro is a good player but we need a cdm and 1 or 2 center backs in january