Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Great to see the grubber kick being implemented on 5th tackle plays

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it was good stuff late, even though they were poorly executed we kept parra starting their sets from 5m out and 95m to go

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of our sets at different times of the games are so directionless, I guess we were so scared of dropping the ball this week.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Its looks from the outside in that the grubber was banned by Des and the low percentage bomb took its place . Loved getting some repeat sets last night .

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its looks from the outside in that the grubber was banned by Des and the low percentage bomb took its place . Loved getting some repeat sets last night .
The 7 tackle rule fûcked the game.
Teams are scared to grubber and give away another tackle. It shouldn't apply if you've kicked from inside your attacking 20.

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
The grubber was mostly useless, we only got one drop out from the many kicks we did. A cut out pass now and then would have been better, at least would have stretched them and made their defence think twice.
Our attack was generally pathetic one out hit ups trying to barge over, no finesse whatsoever.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People that bag our attack are shortsighted.
If we come with the right attitude in defence, we have enough points in us to win and that's all you need.
We did that last night with a 2 man bench and Eastwood on 1 leg.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Twas good but needs to get closer sometimes to get it over the line, if he can't get a gap I reckon he should go to the air like the Hayne try.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never a good idea to put up a bomb to Hayne. The Parramatta wingers changed their line, and deliberately ran across well in front of the few bombs we put up, so we were never a chance of competing fairly anyway. The grubber is still a lottery, but puts more confusion in the minds of the defence than a high ball, and more chance of a rebound in our favour.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The grubber was mostly useless, we only got one drop out from the many kicks we did. A cut out pass now and then would have been better, at least would have stretched them and made their defence think twice.
Our attack was generally pathetic one out hit ups trying to barge over, no finesse whatsoever.
U forget hokkos cut out pass that nearly went over the sideline?

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was nice to see a variation in the kicking game not that useless kick across to the wing every time...

It was however poorly executed at times by Hokko

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much every team had followed suit. It's too risky to grubber and concede 7 tackles +20 metres. That's why you have to go for short grubbers which Hodko did and they failed to go the distance. Probably 'cause he was too tired by that stage.

Ennis had a great grubber though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i much prefer hodkos grubber falling short and making the opp work it out from inside the 10 than Reynolds overkicking it and have us facing a 7 tackle set.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no point using a chip kick or bomb ever, because we never have any chasers genuinely going for the ball.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was nice to see a variation in the kicking game not that useless kick across to the wing every time...

It was however poorly executed at times by Hokko
His passing and kicking execution has been a bit hit and miss, unfortunately.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the grubber, it gives the opposition no time to prepare and get the blockers in place

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I love the grubber, it gives the opposition no time to prepare and get the blockers in place
If the boys work hard on it , it can be a winner . Jeff Robson from Cronulla is very good at them

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind if our forwards put in a grubber occasionally. T-Rex has done this well.

C

choice

Pretty much in a nutshell.
lets see if we progress further this week, if we can't win by 20 plus we have not improved.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
the grubber is the staple for a halfback the execution was poor. they gave us sets in good position but for a standard skill, especially when you're not quick should be aimed at producing a try or a dropout or close to. our half is out of form so I'm expecting mbye to create down our left side and lafai to make our attack down the right look ok but we need a kicking game

Status
Not open for further replies.