The greatest shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
41 Years as an extremely passionate rugby league supporter I never thought the day will come when I say " I HAVE HAD ENOUGH "
I used to marvel of how good rugby league was...yes THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL !
What has become of our game ,why is it so boring and too predictable ?
Worse still who is destroying it ?
Is it The constant RULES CHANGES ?
Or is it The REFEREES ?
Or The GAMBLING ?
Or All The Above ?
I used to say who cares as long as My Bulldogs are playing good football it's a bonus if they win the premiership.
Now I have lost that too. They are playing the most unattractive football in the league !
Has THE GREATEST GAME become THE GREATEST SHAME ?
IS THERE STILL HOPE or IS IT TOO LATE ?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Take a look at our roster, a good look... now consider our game day strategies and execution of a game plan... think about how much footy IQ we have... take a look at our playing depth... take a hard look at our coach, an ex-Manly player getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to coach a team he's not genuinely passionate about.

All of the above - That's the issue!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
41 Years as an extremely passionate rugby league supporter I never thought the day will come when I say " I HAVE HAD ENOUGH "
Or is it The REFEREES ?
Or The GAMBLING ?
Or All The Above ?
I used to say who cares as long as My Bulldogs are playing good football it's a bonus if they win the premiership.
Now I have lost that too. They are playing the most unattractive football in the league !
Mate d there is nothing wrong with d game,I love watching d roosters, raiders,titans,cowboys,broncos,they play a good brand of football,unfortunately us bulldog supporters have to put up with d same boring one out crap week in week out,.mate I honestly think that if our game was run on a more professional level,by a more business oriented organisation we would b d number 1 sport in d country,product great,people running d game absolute rubbish.

Reactions: GDR

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Or is it The REFEREES ?
Or The GAMBLING ?
Or All The Above ?
I think is too late, I start giving up too

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah its the end of the NRL again and society has...
Nah its the politically correct version and its better than nothing, the hardcore fan will still follow it, just not as closely.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really think the NRL is in its death throes. The present administration is probably the worst the game has experienced.
There is no plan for the future. Its all about survival for the incumbents in League HQ.
On a local level, it is the most disappointing season I have experienced in over 50 years. I have surrendered my membership and wont be renewing it.
The current administration of the Dogs is the worst in its history. They seem to be looking for glory in their own little world.
That doesnt impress the fans who demand success. Mediocrity has become the norm.+
The current coach is probably the most despised in the clubs history. His present term of employment is untenable. He must be moved on if we are to survive.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or is it The REFEREES ?
Or The GAMBLING ?
Or All The Above ?
It's DES

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You must be only watching bulldogs games.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch D-Voice say 'up the dogs' next year when Foran leads the dogs to a Premiership. All will be forgotten and his passion for the game he once loved will be back
Sorry to say but one player isn't going to fix our issues. Other teams have tried that in the past and failed miserably.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or is it The REFEREES ?
Or The GAMBLING ?
Or All The Above ?
I agree with you, I've been interested in RL since I was 8 and been following canterbury since 1967 and for me the game is now less entertaining than at any stage since 67, I actually enjoyed the few girls games I saw recently much more than any of the NRL games I've seen in recent year.
I believe that rule changes have done a lot of harm to the game, keep putting straw on the camels back and eventually you will break its back.
Lack of leadership due to the fact that the powers to be are afraid to make decisions which might cost them their pay packet and egos.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need a fullback and hooker bad or next year is a write off too!!!

Dugan at 750k was a steal at that price imo

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't have a player with a football brain in any key position(1,6,7,9)
The only player with a football brain is James.
We have no player who can sum up a situation and make a decision on what's the best course play. Every team has a player or multiple who can sum up a situation and control the situation and lead the team. We lack that and until we get that in an important position we will continue to lack polish.

We are a DUMB football team.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very difficult times, not looking forward to the weekend's anymore. So many things going against us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really think the NRL is in its death throes. The present administration is probably the worst the game has experienced.
There is no plan for the future. Its all about survival for the incumbents in League HQ.
On a local level, it is the most disappointing season I have experienced in over 50 years. I have surrendered my membership and wont be renewing it.
The current administration of the Dogs is the worst in its history. They seem to be looking for glory in their own little world.
That doesnt impress the fans who demand success. Mediocrity has become the norm.+
The current coach is probably the most despised in the clubs history. His present term of employment is untenable. He must be moved on if we are to survive.
Interesting. So record TV deal, record memberships, expanding worldwide audience, injection of funds into grass roots, improved player welfare options, growing international participation, growth in female participation is a sport in its death throes? I wouldn't start penning the eulogy just yet I think.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
R.I.P. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. 1935-2013.
Murdered by: Des Hasler
Accessories: Ray Dib, Raelene Castle, Kelly Egan, John Novak, Noel Cleal, Moses Mbye, Michael Lichaa, Aiden Tolman, Greg Eastwood, back ended contracts, The a Sutton brothers, and the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.