The great gender debate

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They took that approach too. But there's two things to keep in mind:

1) it's not listed as a mental illness any more

2) when treated as a mental illness it always leads to an actual increase in mental illness and suicide

So basically, every bit of psychological research is saying that you are wrong and your belief will lead do deaths.
1) anymore.
That’s the issue. And it’s showing that not listing it as a mental illness hasn’t lowered the suicide rate it’s still too high for the tranny population. To me that suggests the leftist take isn’t working and we need to go back to the board.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1) anymore.
That’s the issue. And it’s showing that not listing it as a mental illness hasn’t lowered the suicide rate it’s still too high for the tranny population. To me that suggests the leftist take isn’t working and we need to go back to the board.
Incorrect. The suicide rate reduced. It's still high but the rate is lower than it was when gender dysphoria was considered a mental illness.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the problem with many Conservatives. The belief that old is good and new is bad.

Gender dysphoria no longer listed as a mental illness = bad

Gay marriage = bad

Black people interacting with white people = bad

Time to stop living in the past.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not ignorant, it’s ignorant to think you as an individual no more than a organisation 2000 years old that has history and science backing it. I mean you
Know science agrees life begins at conception? Which the church teaches and which it is a mortal sin to kill an unborn baby.
No it is ignorant that catholics think that people will be destroyed by "things" that catholics view as delusional.

Its like a muslim telling a Catholic that jesus was not the son of God and if he doesn't accept that fact with all the evidence he is going to rot in hell. And he wants the Catholic to revert because he wants to "save his soul"...

Please.

You're against abortion. Good for you. Its actually a noble cause. Go lobby to the goverment to get laws changed. Don't, call women getting an abortion "murders" when many are victims of traumatic events. Imagine calling a woman who was raped and holds an offenders baby a derogatory term like "murderer" and implying God will judge them for an abortion based on that but not judging God on letting the rape happen (or the abortion)

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No it is ignorant that catholics think that people will be destroyed by "things" that catholics view as delusional.

Its like a muslim telling a Catholic that jesus was not the son of God and if he doesn't accept that fact with all the evidence he is going to rot in hell. And he wants the Catholic to revert because he wants to "save his soul"...

Please.

You're against abortion. Good for you. Its actually a noble cause. Go lobby to the goverment to get laws changed. Don't, call women getting an abortion "murders" when many are victims of traumatic events. Imagine calling a woman who was raped and holds an offenders baby a derogatory term like "murderer" and implying God will judge them for an abortion based on that but not judging God on letting the rape happen (or the abortion)
Don’t give me that less than 1% of abortion cases to try and demonise me. I don’t judge women who’ve gotten it due to rape, but I’m still against it as taking an innocent life still isn’t justified.conservatives were even willing to meet half way and only allow abortion for rape cases and incest cases which make up around 1* of actual abortion cases lol, but of course it wasn’t agreed upon, because that argument is only used to demonise people like me like you’ve just done

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Incorrect. The suicide rate reduced. It's still high but the rate is lower than it was when gender dysphoria was considered a mental illness.
If it’s not a mental illness to believe you’re a gender which doesn’t belong with your biological sex, what is it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s not a mental illness to believe you’re a gender which doesn’t belong with your biological sex, what is it?
I'm sure you have access to Google but I'll help you anyway

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I see the psychiatric profession has fallen prey to the identity politics bullies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t give me that less than 1% of abortion cases to try and demonise me. I don’t judge women who’ve gotten it due to rape, but I’m still against it as taking an innocent life still isn’t justified.conservatives were even willing to meet half way and only allow abortion for rape cases and incest cases which make up around 1* of actual abortion cases lol, but of course it wasn’t agreed upon, because that argument is only used to demonise people like me like you’ve just done
Its that 1% that i am sticking up for when you brandish the term "murder" (insinuating murderer) in reference to abortions.

But, you clarified you dont judge that 1%. Even would be open to allowing this to hapoen. So credit to you.

You're still against. That's fine, its your entitled opinion (of course if that opinion is expressed with dignity and respect)

We can debate/argue the other 99% another night and definitons of murder and life another night. I'm wrecked

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ellen Page turned Trans and still seems to be a miserable ****.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you clarify, is gender dysphoria still considered a mental illness or not
No it's not. As of Diagnostic Statistical Manual V, the current manual used by all mental health care professionals.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No it's not. As of Diagnostic Statistical Manual V, the current manual used by all mental health care professionals.
Everything online seems to say it’s still listed in DSM-5 as a disorder. Maybe I’m missing something?

Regardless though, I personally believe anyone who thinks they’re a man when they’re clearly a woman and vice versa, is definitely mentally unwell and needs some form of help.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I might be wrong.

But doesn't Gender Dysphoria relate to the anxiety/panic attacks/ depression felt by a person who gender isnt the same as their sex. Not all trans experience gender dysphoria.

Wouldnt that be like saying all soliders are mentally ill because a high percentage experience anxiety/panic attacks/depression due to war/battle related PTSD.