The great Australian tyre thread

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the great Australian tyre thread. If we put all the heads on the kennel together surely we can determine the good tyres and bad tyres

are Pirelli tyres worth their price? do any budget tyres grip well? What are the dangerous wet weather tyres?

do you hate when people put cheap tyres on powerful cars? Or spend money on big rims and put cheap tyres on them?

tell us your tyre experiences

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer Michellin over pirelli.

Pirelli are meant to be better for bikes.
Btw avoid Asians in Euro cars.
I found out they don't install the correct tyres.

Very dangerous.

tell me you don’t have a set of rapid brand tyres on your car? Or ling long?
People who don't put much thought or care into the quality of tyre they use? are doomed to a possible fate worse than Paul Walkers death!

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I prefer Michellin over pirelli.

Pirelli are meant to be better for bikes.
Btw avoid Asians in Euro cars.
I found out they don't install the correct tyres.

Very dangerous.

People who don't put much thought or care into the quality of tyre they use? are doomed to a possible fate worse than Paul Walkers death!
I work on euro cars all day everyday and the amount of people that want me to just slap a set of rapids or winruns on their Audi's and mercs is scary. If you can't afford the maintenance of a euro then don't buy one ffs

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I work on euro cars all day everyday and the amount of people that want me to just slap a set of rapids or winruns on their Audi's and mercs is scary. If you can't afford the maintenance of a euro then don't buy one ffs
According to many people in society, tyres aren't as important as being vaccinated from covid

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw does anyone ever give any thought what happens to their disposed tyres?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
And deflating.
But also
They say condoms are made from old tyres, you get to use at least 365 in a good year.

It's ok, I'll show myself out.
I know right.
It's a shame they weren't making them when your dad was in his prime!

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been all over the place for tyres. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 probably up there as my favourites. Right now I'm trying Bridgestone Potenza Sports, I've had Pirelli P Zero (really noisy once worn). Was a fan of Yokohama Advan Sports for a while in my Lexus ISF I used to have years ago. Conti Sports on the E46 M3 in the day, nice progressive break in grip, terrible in the wet.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hankook, great grip for the money, sometimes JAX does 4 for the price of three.
Makes throwing ute sideways hard.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lots of people try skimp on tyres.

Lots of p-platers like to buy a wheel/tyre combo set for their cars, $1300 for the set.. big heavy bling chrome wheels and “clear” brand $49 a wheel tyres.

I think most tyre shops stopped selling the clear brand after so many complaints of aqua planning off the road or ending up turned around on every bend.

But p-platers love them as it’s like having 1000horsepower on proper tyres.