The good news thread (aka "restores my faith in humanity" thread)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
‪As you wake up this morning after sleeping in a warm bed, spare a thought for Sia Soliola who slept outside in an airplane hanger last night to raise money for the homeless at the Vinnies CEO Sleepout in #CBR

He raised over $6,000 in just three days!

That’s enough to help provide over 50 beds and 200 meals for those experiencing homelessness.

Thank you to everyone who supported this great cause.

Source https://bit.ly/2FlKeuO

You can donate here https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/siasoliola
He should have asked for money to fight future court cases for posts about offensive religious beliefs and he could have built a substantial shelter and fed the inhabitants for months.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trump crosses the border into North Korea greeting Kim un. Never done before. Trump is actually trying to create peace between the two nations albeit both being on seperate ends of the political spectrum. That’s how it’s done. Yet people thought trump will be a warmonger, he diverted a war against Iran and now trying so hard to being North Korea in with the rest of the world. But no doubt lefties and msm will spin this around to somehow a negative.
Anyhow this is great and happy news for mankind as it is lowering the risk of nuclear war and war in general.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trump crosses the border into North Korea greeting Kim un. Never done before. Trump is actually trying to create peace between the two nations albeit both being on seperate ends of the political spectrum. That’s how it’s done. Yet people thought trump will be a warmonger, he diverted a war against Iran and now trying so hard to being North Korea in with the rest of the world. But no doubt lefties and msm will spin this around to somehow a negative.
Anyhow this is great and happy news for mankind as it is lowering the risk of nuclear war and war in general.
Hopefully he’ll do something about the Aussie being held there.. And let’s hope it’s not another ‘I’m in the international spotlight’ stunt by Kim..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he’ll do something about the Aussie being held there..
Even if he does, like he did with the Americans, msm will still twist it to make it a negative and white supremecist issue.
Anyways I didn’t hear about an Aussie over there? Can you explain

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That worked.
But yeah that scenario is more appropriate for Morrison than trump bro. One of our own. Perfect oppportunity for morrison to show some masculinity and strength.
If he has any!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shortly before the visit "Quick hide the nuke factories from Trump ... he doesn't realise we still have them!!!!"

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this story comes about due to a family's battle with cancer, but fortunately they are a family with an outstanding approach to life.

The Smithwick family have been Raiders supporters for years. They attend every home game.

Sadly they couldn't renew their membership in 2019 while Sally battles cancer.

They happen to be celebrating their 22nd wedding anniversary. So the Raiders organised for a very special surprise for them.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=390701808227293&_rdr

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Mr 95% I think your mentioning of the Aussie trapped in North Korea had more to do with his freedom than Aussie government had. If suspect trump had a wording on behalf of us. I saw a photo op of the g20 and Morrison looked so feminine compared to Putin and trump. I really think they’re the only 2 that actually reek of masculinity lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% I think your mentioning of the Aussie trapped in North Korea had more to do with his freedom than Aussie government had. If suspect trump had a wording on behalf of us. I saw a photo op of the g20 and Morrison looked so feminine compared to Putin and trump. I really think they’re the only 2 that actually reek of masculinity lol.
Lol.. yes great to see the guy freed.. Be interesting to know the story behind it..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Today I had a moment with my son that I will never forget,I received an email from the u17 northern pride coach saying that he’d been watching my boy in the u16 comp and he felt it was time to bring him into the pride system. So long story short Sam will be starting at 7 against the Blackhawks in Townsville on the 13 of this month on getting home this afternoon I brought the mail up on my phone and let Sam read it told him how proud of him I was and gave him a hug.When i stepped back he had tears streaming down his face(I haven’t seen him cry since he was about 12 so it shocked me a bit) he looked me straight in the eye and said l love you dad you’ve always supported me no matter what and I’m proud you’re my dad.Well that just levelled me, my son has become a man. That moment won’t change the world but it changed me forever.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Today I had a moment with my son that I will never forget,I received an email from the u17 northern pride coach saying that he’d been watching my boy in the u16 comp and he felt it was time to bring him into the pride system. So long story short Sam will be starting at 7 against the Blackhawks in Townsville on the 13 of this month on getting home this afternoon I brought the mail up on my phone and let Sam read it told him how proud of him I was and gave him a hug.When i stepped back he had tears streaming down his face(I haven’t seen him cry since he was about 12 so it shocked me a bit) he looked me straight in the eye and said l love you dad you’ve always supported me no matter what and I’m proud you’re my dad.Well that just levelled me, my son has become a man. That moment won’t change the world but it changed me forever.
Congrats @maroondog72 and of course congrats to your son as well.

Hope his debut game is everything he dreams it would be, and that it's the start of his career to become a professional Rugby League player.

Just make sure he signs with the Dogs if he gets the chance :grinning:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats @maroondog72 and of course congrats to your son as well.

Hope his debut game is everything he dreams it would be, and that it's the start of his career to become a professional Rugby League player.

Just make sure he signs with the Dogs if he gets the chance :grinning:
Thanks MR I,He has got a long way to go and a lot of work to do if he wants to hit his goals,as much as I would like to see him in the blue and white I wouldn’t recommend any developing half come to our club ATM. But who knows what the future holds.