Official The game has turned into one big joke

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've got 3-4 really shit games in us every season, the first was the Scabbitohs in round 3, the second was this one, but I seriously don't know what frustrated me most, us or the refs. And whoever game Radley double strength bitch pills before the game needs a slappin, he was a liability all game.
Radley is a huge liability. You guys need to release him right now to us for a direct swap with our star lock Adam Elliot.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching for soft high shots , set restarts, more dodgy officiating, bad calls, one side match, cricket scores, should be called TAGMENRLOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We've got 3-4 really shit games in us every season, the first was the Scabbitohs in round 3, the second was this one, but I seriously don't know what frustrated me most, us or the refs. And whoever game Radley double strength bitch pills before the game needs a slappin, he was a liability all game.
FB_IMG_1621861324339.jpg

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They tried to speed the game up yet now they want to review every tackle in the bunker twenty times and slow the game down with reports and sin bins etc. Explain the logic in that to me.. The sport has become unwatchable.

Diehard fans can't stand watching the sport they love and they don't care because V'landys is on a power trip that Biden and Kim Jong would be proud of.
Fixed it for you

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don’t get the whole players will sue the NRL in the future reasoning for this crackdown. Can’t they just have players sign a contract that any brain damage sustained from playing is at the players own risk and the NRL are not liable? Seems an easy fix. How do boxing and MMA get around it?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think eventually because of these rules we’re going see a lot more players getting k’od trying to complete tackles lower and on the ball....ball carriers will drop bumpers, shoulders and hips straight in the face and head of tacklers

Last edited:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's basically telling players tackle around the legs, yeah that would work great on big backrowers who would just offload every time. He should go show us how it's done on kikau lol What a flop

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sportsbet will be able to open new markets though, like First Sin Bin.
That’s funny but not at the same time! I’m certain your prediction will come true very soon sadly.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Radley is a huge liability. You guys need to release him right now to us for a direct swap with our star lock Adam Elliot.
We cant afford him as we don’t have the same salary sombrero the Rorters do mate!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I blame the players for this... 90% of those high shots/love taps would not get picked up by the reffs had the players not stayed down, pointed to their face, team mates raise their hands in the air etc....
All players are now playing for a penalty..
Bunch of acting bitches, fuck off to soccer you diving weak *****.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I have said. The strategies put in place to speed up the game are being countermanded by the ridiculous tactics, which let's be real about this , are being employed by players under instructions from their coaches. The constant stop start and let's go back and look at this 50 times to see if there was actual contact to the head is doing nothing to make the game more entertaining nor 100% lessen the impact of concussions etc.

I am not a fan of Andrew Johns but he pretty much summed it up in saying that players are 100% aware that they could suffer a concussion at any time in the game and in any manner ( not just high contact but heavy defensive work by them, hitting the hip of an opponent in making a tackle, hitting their head on the ground or simply by the movement of their heads back and forth in a whiplash type collision) He also went on to say that any player contemplating legal action for such injuries being suffered over their career and the effects afterwards should take a good hard look at themselves.
Would love to know Andrew Johns' opinions on the Alex McKinnon situation.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why the NRL's whole argument of litigation is complete bullshit. Every player knows the risks that come with playing and therefore neither the clubs nor the NRL are liable in such potential lawsuits.
It's all about safe workplaces now and potential personal culpability and liability. It would be bad for anyone in charge to have been provided with medical evidence and be seen not doing anything about it. While clubs employ players, the NRL still controls the work environment with rules and on game day.

I don't like what the game is becoming, but that's why I don't see a long term future in its current format.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's all about safe workplaces now and potential personal culpability and liability. It would be bad for anyone in charge to have been provided with medical evidence and be seen not doing anything about it. While clubs employ players, the NRL still controls the work environment with rules and on game day.

I don't like what the game is becoming, but that's why I don't see a long term future in its current format.
They already have been doing something about it for years though... They introduced HIA's, a sideline doctor at every game to monitor concussions, and they already suspended players for high shots. So they weren't liable in the first place as every player knows the risks when they play.

This is just complete overkill. It's not going to make mothers more likely to let their kids play footy. It's always been and will always be a physical, violent game where players can get injured or concussed in many ways regardless of how "safe" you make the game. Players can get concussed from head clashes, tackling low and getting their head in the wrong place etc.

All they've done is driven the players, coaches and fans crazy and ruined the fabric of the game. Now we'll get more diving than the world cup every game and more stoppages because of the diving which slows the game down more. Which goes against their stupid touch footy rules.

Malla

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with the crackdown on high tackles. I think it's needed and part of the problem is someone like Radley coming out saying he won't change his tackling style. That needs to be addressed.

I think the 'speeding up' of the game was as hit move. The 6 again rule has been an utter failure imo. You have teams now winning on the back of just being fitter as opposed to being better footy teams. I do not think this is where the game needs to go.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what you want about ridiculous sin bin crackdowns, obscure six again rulings, refereeing and judiciary inconsistent standards etc, but here's a simple metric to measure where the NRL is currently at in 2021 with about 13 rounds to go;

Team 1: Penrith
Team 2: Storm
Teams 3 to 16: Doesn't really fuckin matter.