Official The game has turned into one big joke

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the Roosters/Broncs game. Instead of enjoying the contest we're watching the over involment of officials in the game.

Andrew Johns summed it up when he said "The NRL don't know what they want the game to look like.

F off V'landys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They tried to speed the game up yet now they want to review every tackle in the bunker twenty times and slow the game down with reports and sin bins etc. Explain the logic in that to me.. The sport has become unwatchable.

Diehard fans can't stand watching the sport they love and they don't care because V'landys is on a power trip that Trump and Kim Jong would be proud of.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched the Roosters/Broncs game. Instead of enjoying the contest we're watching the over involment of officials in the game.

Andrew Johns summed it up when he said "The NRL don't know what they want the game to look like.

F off V'landys.
There will be massive fallout from that match, it was a fucking shambles some of the worst calls I have ever seen in a game of rugby league, the game is unrecognisable to me now.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
besides removing shoulder charges,, what have the NRL actually introduced that has reduced concussions? because this yr i think i read from the NRL physio it's acually gone up. they just need to admit they've fucked up

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So far this weekend 36 players on reports ( some multiple) and 13 sin bins ( also some multiple) 55 penalties and 43 six again.

Newcastle was the only side to NOT have a player on report or binned and the Storm and the Raiders had no one binned in their game .

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I blame the players for this... 90% of those high shots/love taps would not get picked up by the reffs had the players not stayed down, pointed to their face, team mates raise their hands in the air etc....
All players are now playing for a penalty..

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I blame the players for this... 90% of those high shots/love taps would not get picked up by the reffs had the players not stayed down, pointed to their face, team mates raise their hands in the air etc....
THIS 100%

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Players do what coaches tell them to....except Bulldogs players that is.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I blame the roosters and their media apologists ... they way they have carried on the Tedesco hits the past month were he was falling and you can bascially say he was on his knees on all the hits because he falls ( all three players that got suspended ). They and we deserve what we are getting for putting up with the media bias all this time .
All the roosters ones that they got pinged no one player was falling, so to me they are worse than Tedesco hits who was falling and you have media now trying to downplay his ones.

comes down to commentators and analysts who are directly on payroll of clubs or in charge of rep teams that have such a large platform to sprout their bias which becomes the agenda

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players do what coaches tell them to....except Bulldogs players that is.
Exactly what I have said. The strategies put in place to speed up the game are being countermanded by the ridiculous tactics, which let's be real about this , are being employed by players under instructions from their coaches. The constant stop start and let's go back and look at this 50 times to see if there was actual contact to the head is doing nothing to make the game more entertaining nor 100% lessen the impact of concussions etc.

I am not a fan of Andrew Johns but he pretty much summed it up in saying that players are 100% aware that they could suffer a concussion at any time in the game and in any manner ( not just high contact but heavy defensive work by them, hitting the hip of an opponent in making a tackle, hitting their head on the ground or simply by the movement of their heads back and forth in a whiplash type collision) He also went on to say that any player contemplating legal action for such injuries being suffered over their career and the effects afterwards should take a good hard look at themselves.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I have said. The strategies put in place to speed up the game are being countermanded by the ridiculous tactics, which let's be real about this , are being employed by players under instructions from their coaches. The constant stop start and let's go back and look at this 50 times to see if there was actual contact to the head is doing nothing to make the game more entertaining nor 100% lessen the impact of concussions etc.

I am not a fan of Andrew Johns but he pretty much summed it up in saying that players are 100% aware that they could suffer a concussion at any time in the game and in any manner ( not just high contact but heavy defensive work by them, hitting the hip of an opponent in making a tackle, hitting their head on the ground or simply by the movement of their heads back and forth in a whiplash type collision) He also went on to say that any player contemplating legal action for such injuries being suffered over their career and the effects afterwards should take a good hard look at themselves.
easy for John’s to say it tho for those to take a look at themselves , he is still being well paid via the game (media ). Would he feel the same if he wasn’t as fortunate to still be on Big bucks and his quality of life massively affected by concussions??

can you tell me how the speed of the game contributed to all the radley hits last night ... was a stop start affair he was binned for 20 minutes and still went on report two more times

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
easy for John’s to say it tho for those to take a look at themselves , he is still being well paid via the game (media ). Would he feel the same if he wasn’t as fortunate to still be on Big bucks and his quality of life massively affected by concussions??

can you tell me how the speed of the game contributed to all the radley hits last night ... was a stop start affair he was binned for 20 minutes and still went on report two more times
I saw very little of the game but in one incident Radley led with his knee and hit an opponent, it was certainly reckless and very probably malicious.
He should have been sent off for it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That's why the NRL's whole argument of litigation is complete bullshit. Every player knows the risks that come with playing and therefore neither the clubs nor the NRL are liable in such potential lawsuits.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

F off V'landys.
We've got 3-4 really shit games in us every season, the first was the Scabbitohs in round 3, the second was this one, but I seriously don't know what frustrated me most, us or the refs. And whoever game Radley double strength bitch pills before the game needs a slappin, he was a liability all game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then they wanna give Communist directives to the crowds, what a farce.