The Future Looks Bleak..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there, my first post, I've read the forum for years now but couldn't resist commenting anymore.
I'm 34 and have been a passionate Bulldogs supporter since witnessing the 88 Grand Final. In that time I've enjoyed more glory than any of my mates who support rival clubs. So I'm thankful for this. But being the footballing club and a genuine NRL powerhouse club we are I've come to expect success and unfortunately I don't see it coming for a long time.

On the upside, I said to all my friends Dogs, Souths and Roosters wouldn't play semis this year, somehow someway we did. I agree our attack and coaching is rubbish but I think our roster is also terrible, so making the semis was actually quite a positive.

We undeniably have the worst spine in the comp, even a fully fit Newcastle 1,6,7 and 9 would put us to shame.
So again we didn't do too bad in the scheme of things.

Apologies, for my first post being so negative but here goes..

Here's a list of clubs that seem almost certain to enjoy more success than us in the following five years.

No particular order-

Penrith (no explanation needed, just won the club championship)

Cowboys (Great coach and have players to build a future around)

Titans (Key signings: Peats, Taylor is great, Ryan James puts all our forwards to shame besides Kasiano (maybe), not to mention Hayne may come good. He's definitely a better prospect than our current fullback situation.

Brisbane-Always competitive and have a nursery of Juniors.

Canberra-No better team at the moment when they play at their full potential.Just game breakers everywhere who are still young.

Melbourne-Have the best coach of the modern era.

Sharks-Young, fast exciting team with a knack to snare more mature, experienced campaigners who seem to play out of their skin (sigh, Ennis)

West Tigers- Moses, Brooks, Tedesco.. All three are better than ANY young first grader we have.

Warriors- R.T.S, Shaun Johnson, Isaac Luke and Stephen Kearney coming on as coach.

**Possibly Parramatta- Semi, Norman, French, Scott, Jennings and a good coach. I hate to say it but look like they're playing with more desire and passion than Bulldogs.

So looking at that, it seems almost impossible to make the semi's little own win a comp in the next few years unless something drastically changes and we score some miracle signings.

I think we should pay massive dollars for Gus Gould on a life long contract to pull our club out of the toilet.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome BondiBulldog. Agree with most of your post but not the last paragraph. I'd never want Gould anywhere near our club. We'd be much better getting Mulholland to the club to identify talent.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The future is bright.. watch them click on Mad Monday tomorrow

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice post except for the last paragraph regarding Gould...
Our place does need a decent old clean out starting from the top down.
Hasler has never been a fav of mine but he does not inspire me to follow them with any vigor.
First to go would be Tolman, I have been a support of him over the years but times up, your cut!
Next, Lichaa, has had loads of chances and has never impressed me at all...I want to like him but he does nothing for the team I reckon, with respect...
Reynolds to hooker
Foran must come

Very disappointing indeed.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey there, my first post, I've read the forum for years now but couldn't resist commenting anymore.
I'm 34 and have been a passionate Bulldogs supporter since witnessing the 88 Grand Final. In that time I've enjoyed more glory than any of my mates who support rival clubs. So I'm thankful for this. But being the footballing club and a genuine NRL powerhouse club we are I've come to expect success and unfortunately I don't see it coming for a long time.

On the upside, I said to all my friends Dogs, Souths and Roosters wouldn't play semis this year, somehow someway we did. I agree our attack and coaching is rubbish but I think our roster is also terrible, so making the semis was actually quite a positive.

We undeniably have the worst spine in the comp, even a fully fit Newcastle 1,6,7 and 9 would put us to shame.

Here's a list of clubs that seem almost certain to enjoy more success than us in the following five years.

No particular order-

Titans (Key signings: Peats, Taylor is great, Ryan James puts all our forwards to shame besides Kasiano (maybe), not to mention Hayne may come good. He's definitely a better prospect than our current fullback situation.

Canberra-No better team at the moment when they play at their full potential.Just game breakers everywhere who are still young.

Sharks-Young, fast exciting team with a knack to snare more mature, experienced campaigners who seem to play out of their skin (sigh, Ennis)

West Tigers- Moses, Brooks, Tedesco.. All three are better than ANY young first grader we have.

Warriors- R.T.S, Shaun Johnson, Isaac Luke and Stephen Kearney coming on as coach.

**Possibly Parramatta- Semi, Norman, French, Scott, Jennings and a good coach. I hate to say it but look like they're playing with more desire and passion than Bulldogs.

So looking at that, it seems almost impossible to make the semi's little own win a comp in the next few years unless something drastically changes and we score some miracle signings.

I think we should pay massive dollars for Gus Gould on a life long contract to pull our club out of the toilet.
Welcome to the Kennel. Good first post.

Let me be honest, and say that you have seen our future today. The rest of the competition have moved on with the new changes; we are content to keep doing the same failed tactics until, I don't know... forever.

Gus won't come back. He once captain/coached us to a GF win; but there is bad blood between him and the Dogs now.

Looking toward 2017, I see nothing that changes our team or tactics. This time next year we will all be calling for change, then handing over our membership dollars like lemmings.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

No particular order-

If u remove any trace of Gus Gould from your first post then I like it

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see us playing semis next year.
I know Gus hates us ever since he got booted after winning us a comp for Chris Anderson.
He's worked wonders with Penrith (Club championship) our lower grades are lucky to win a game.
I'm sure there large pay checks would make him have a short memory.
If not Gus, someone who is sharp and business savvy that lives and breathes football who can help us re-build.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
welcome to the dog house, bro

i have already said , first time in my life i have no hope for the next season,

As long as des is there , we aint winning shit.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice post
Remove gus Gould paragraph
With u all the way
If it wasn't for parra salary cap and roosters injuries we would be where we deserve 10-12th position

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH you could give us Wayne Bennett, Bellamy, Paul Green, Robinson and whoever else you want combined and we won't compete with our current playing roster.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Welcome BondiBulldog. Agree with most of your post but not the last paragraph. I'd never want Gould anywhere near our club. We'd be much better getting Mulholland to the club to identify talent.
Mullholland is done and won't be back here.
What is your reason for not wanting guss anywhere near the club?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What's the problem with guss? We both had 5 year plans. We reached two gf with a decent roster.
Guss cut the whole playing roster at the panthers by letting players like Jennings, Lewis, civoniceva, Coote and a host of others. Look at the panthers future and look at ours.
He also sacked Cleary. He basically built the team they have.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're all relying on signing Foran..

He's gotta be free from the circus around him atm (that's if he's not implicated in anything that's yet to come to light).

I think if he does get clear he'll spend a season with the Warriors and then we will be on the same merry go round and have to waste yet another season with no half.

Des is throwing all his eggs in one basket and that basket is currently a full blown basket case.

I'd almost be willing to cope with another shithouse season if it meant an entire clean out and rebuild.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mullholland is done and won't be back here.
What is your reason for not wanting guss anywhere near the club?
He's an egomaniac similar to Des. Wants control of everything. Lost alot of good people because he won't let them do their job. We've got enough people who made long term plans they can't keep, I want people who make things happen not ones who need to stroke their ego or line their pockets with cash.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're all relying on signing Foran..

He's gotta be free from the circus around him atm (that's if he's not implicated in anything that's yet to come to light).

I think if he does get clear he'll spend a season with the Warriors and then we will be on the same merry go round and have to waste yet another season with no half.

Des is throwing all his eggs in one basket and that basket is currently a full blown basket case.

I'd almost be willing to cope with another shithouse season if it meant an entire clean out and rebuild.
He is in auckland now touring Mt smart

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleanout and rebuild, not under Des. He has had 5 years.

Raelene -----> Corey Payne

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cleanout and rebuild, not under Des. He has had 5 years.

Raelene -----> Corey Payne
Payne is a shelf stacker, it was laughable that Penrith put him in charge to begin with. They saw the light real quick and kicked him out the door after less than 6 months lol.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to be competing for the spoon next year, no shit.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
He's an egomaniac similar to Des. Wants control of everything. Lost alot of good people because he won't let them do their job. We've got enough people who made long term plans they can't keep, I want people who make things happen not ones who need to stroke their ego or line their pockets with cash.
I don't mind having someone in total control if the talent coming through the grades, and the building stage is like the one at the panthers.
My problem is having someone In total control and the club going backwards like our one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.