The full extent and repercussions of Canterbury’s salary cap hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So are you implying that there was no "heads of agreement" when it was clearly stated so?
Not that i have any cold hard facts but its been well documented .

Secondly, if the club wanted to prove themselves as being the so called "dogs of war" it starts at the top and it was their chance to stamp their authority.

Seriously fk des, he didn't deserve shit! Dib got the punt as everyone wanted without a payout why the fk does this fraud get it with the state he left, not just the team but the club.
Absolutely I am. Would you pay out money if there was no legal reason to do so. Dib was just buying himself time to get re-elected. He was hoping it would be resolved in 2018 then by the next election it would be all forgotten.

At the end of the day it's very hard to fight the fact that Hasler was a coaching job at the club. Personally I just want to close off that chapter of things and move on, not have it hanging over the club for years to come.

And don't forget the fact this whole situation was created by Dib. Dib wanted to sign further players knowing what issues it would created. The recent story where he had jerseys hanging up for Tedesco and Moses along with Woods when there was a secret visit to the club by the 3 of them. This is an group of people you've been defending and bagging people for voting for the alternative.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the dog days boys it's going to be tough but what ever doesn't kill us will only make us stronger. I feel so deflated at the moment.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is the club going to confirm this or what
Dont think they will... I think they will leak things like this and let the media inform us...
It's what all politicians do to soften the blow...
This way supporters will understand why we will extend Pay and get rid of players eating the cap over the next couple of years... while bringing juniors on without signing anyone new...
So unless some of those juniors prove to be future JT or SBW we're in for a couple of spoons over the next 3 years... let's hope Pay has kept good connections with the young players coming through... our junior recruitment is going to make or break us...

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The best thing the club could do right now is be transparent without rolling Dib, Raelene and Des under the bus. Come out and say we're in for a challenging few years but reassure the fans they are repairing the damage.

We should never have let Kasiano and Graham go, essentially handicapping ourselves to paying a top 32, no more offloading contracts.

If we really only have a little bit of money to spend, I'd suggest we should forward load a contract or 2 for players we definitely want for the future, RFM for example

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the NRL. I'm saying the reports may be wrong as I doubt the nrl would register 5 contracts without alarm bells going off.
Aslong as we aren’t going over the salary cap I don’t think the NRL would care.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hamstrung by the decisions made by the previous administration, Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is signed until the end of 2019.

The Canterbury board may as well extend his contract until 2021 — because that’s how long the clean-up could take.
NO THANKS.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely I am. Would you pay out money if there was no legal reason to do so. Dib was just buying himself time to get re-elected. He was hoping it would be resolved in 2018 then by the next election it would be all forgotten.

At the end of the day it's very hard to fight the fact that Hasler was a coaching job at the club. Personally I just want to close off that chapter of things and move on, not have it hanging over the club for years to come.

And don't forget the fact this whole situation was created by Dib. Dib wanted to sign further players knowing what issues it would created. The recent story where he had jerseys hanging up for Tedesco and Moses along with Woods when there was a secret visit to the club by the 3 of them. This is an group of people you've been defending and bagging people for voting for the alternative.
Mate i ain't gona sit here in debate somethin im not solid on lol.
I supported a " give dib a chance" nothin more considering things were improving drastically. For the record i never liked dib.
Also i never bagged anyone for supporting the opposition at the time, in fact i said now that the new board is in i will give em my 100% support.
To bend over and pay it just to get him off our backs was a poor weak fucking move.
Dogs of war my ass.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
NO THANKS.
He has inherited a stake team. Old legs and unbalanced. Our 1st grade team are struggling but 3 of the 7 losses we should have won if not for lack of leadership. One thing we haven't done for 5 plus yrs is recruit and build juniors, so hopefully pays asset to work with youth will see us move up the ladder with a combination of young guns and good 1st grade experience players

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is a former coach of elite juniors with NSW.

He’s spoken publicly before about a willingness to promote rookie talent where other coaches wouldn’t dare — which is now a potential lure for young stars wanting a saloon passage to the NRL

What a load of shit that part is. The lower grade are playing well and he is doing nothing about it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has inherited a stake team. Old legs and unbalanced. Our 1st grade team are struggling but 3 of the 7 losses we should have won if not for lack of leadership. One thing we haven't done for 5 plus yrs is recruit and build juniors, so hopefully pays asset to work with youth will see us move up the ladder with a combination of young guns and good 1st grade experience players
I couldn't give a shit about the team he inherited, that's not an excuse. Most on here during pre season had us in the 8 and were complaining because the experts had us near the bottom. Now the same people want to act like we have the worst roster in the game and are in a similar position as the Knights these last few seasons? Yh bs.

I only care about what Pay's doing, and so far he has done nothing to impress. He came here and ran his mouth saying we were going to be aggressive, play expansive footy and that he was going to bring the madness..where the hell are all those things?

His failure to make proper use of the trials, his tactics, his defensive structures, his apparent lack of care for ruck control and wrestle, our fitness, his failure to reward performances, his team selections, his inability to rotate a bench effectively, players regressing, etc.

People keep carrying on about his skills with junior coaching and that he would promote young talent. Where the fuck is To'omaga? The bloke has been killing it all season in the ISP yet is yet to get a crack 2 and half months into the season. But no, Priest who had an interrupted pre season walks into the team with only 30 minutes of ISP under his belt? Bro, are fucking serious? What about Lewis? Probably has the most potential of our halves in the ISP and he had him start the year at centre? Fmd.

I'm at the point where i don't care if we win another game, i just want to see some proper coaching and Pay building some culture and belief into this side because atm we are no better off than when we had Des. If i see some positives i'll get off Pay's back, but until then my opinion of him won't ever change.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holbrook will win this seasons SL title and likely make the next 2. He will be primed for a NRL gig by the time we are out of this cap mess
He was a named i threw up ahead of Pay tbh. Hopefully the club has an eye on other potential candidates.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I couldn't give a shit about the team he inherited, that's not an excuse. Most on here during pre season had us in the 8 and were complaining because the experts had us near the bottom. Now the same people want to act like we have the worst roster in the game and are in a similar position as the Knights these last few seasons? Yh bs.

I only care about what Pay's doing, and so far he has done nothing to impress. He came here and ran his mouth saying we were going to be aggressive, play expansive footy and that he was going to bring the madness..where the hell are all those things?

His failure to make proper use of the trials, his tactics, his defensive structures, his apparent lack of care for ruck control and wrestle, our fitness, his failure to reward performances, his team selections, his inability to rotate a bench effectively, players regressing, etc.

People keep carrying on about his skills with junior coaching and that he would promote young talent. Where the fuck is To'omaga? The bloke has been killing it all season in the ISP yet is yet to get a crack 2 and half months into the season. But no, Priest who had an interrupted pre season walks into the team with only 30 minutes of ISP under his belt? Bro, are fucking serious? What about Lewis? Probably has the most potential of our halves in the ISP and he had him start the year at centre? Fmd.

I'm at the point where i don't care if we win another game, i just want to see some proper coaching and Pay building some culture and belief into this side because atm we are no better off than when we had Des. If i see some positives i'll get off Pay's back, but until then my opinion of him won't ever change.
I picked us for the bottom 2 anyone that had us in the top 8 is clueless

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I picked us for the bottom 2 anyone that had us in the top 8 is clueless
I had us from 14 - 7. 7 based on absolutely everything working out for us in the best possible scenario such as Foran hitting peak Manly Form, Moses excelling at all areas of fullback play, Pay being a competent coach, etc.. and 14 with all things going realistically how i expected. I didn't think we would be THIS bad though.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I had us from 14 - 7. 7 based on absolutely everything working out for us in the best possible scenario such as Foran hitting peak Manly Form, Moses excelling at all areas of fullback play, Pay being a competent coach, etc.. and 14 with all things going realistically how i expected. I didn't think we would be THIS bad though.
Yeah we are dreadful , no set style , no patterns of play , kicking game is stil shit , unfit , bench use is deplorable ... now on to the negatives

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay is still a shit coach.
But dib CASTLE and Hasler really did some damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.