The full extent and repercussions of Canterbury’s salary cap hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know who is actually contracted - as a top 30 player - for 2019 - I don't, except for what iv read here and media in general - supposedly 16 players.
Woods Klemmer Lichaa, Jackson, RFM, Elliot Fualalo, Toomaga, Foran, Holland Mbye Montoya Hopoate Tolman Ogden Brown Smith JMK and Cogger - that's 19!
Yep 19.... and like 90% of the cap right there.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone listen to Alan Jones interview with Paul Kent this AM 2gb. Laying into Castle Dib Hasler re Salary Cap. Feeling sorry for Dean Pay. Pretty much summarizes everything said on this forum

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Storm, Manly, Parra can cheat the cap and get away with keeping players... and we can't?

Paul Kent doesn't know his head from his arsehole ... and he certainly does not know what Mbye is on, nor how much he is on next season.

Any player we release before their contract, we will be paying another club part (or all) of their salary next year.. so the idea of shopping a player around to another club to lower our cap is complete and utter bullshit, because we don't have many players any club wants.. and the players that they would want, are crucial to our success in the future.

I'll say it again... nobody in the media has the foggiest clue about our cap situation and how much players are worth ...

I can see us releasing Eastwood and maybe the two Morris brothers, and with Kasiano and Graham off our books, that will be the end of it.. and happily the end of all media speculation.
The difference is the storm, manly and parra had another black book. We only have one and show everything. The only good that will come out if this is we won't be caught cheating the cap with ridiculous over inflated contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.