Reaction score
lol mercedes wanted to end the race under the safety car

they are on camera saying this is not right, racing is not right lolol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
race directors "race will resume"

mercedes "no this isn't right" toto wolff

i want to see how he explains this situation to the cameras that he wanted to win the championship under the safety car

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
mercedes now trying to win the championship by protest

how low can you go?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mercedes now trying to win the championship by protest

how low can you go?
Don't think FIA will will do anything they'd look like fools, plus to make it right again red bull could contest the first lap incident and FIA would get an easy out by giving a 5 second penalty to Lewis and then reverting championship back to Max.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Offcourse Mercedes are taking it to court

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol i hate when they say lewis has the experience for this, all his experience has been about winning the title with many races to go

in 2007 he choked it away, in 2008 he technically choked it away but got lucky with rain coming when it did, he made a mistake in this qualifying

lewis is untested

Outside of Rosberg in 2016, has Hamilton had any REAL competition up until now?

Is he whinging more this year than normal due to having it his own way for years??

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Kudos to Crashtappen. FIA did nothing wrong, but if Mercedes looking for someone to blame, they should blame their junior driver for his driving abilities

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Mercedes never pitted idk
because they were told by the race director that there will be no un-laping of lapped cars then changed their minds.... rigged result

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Outside of Rosberg in 2016, has Hamilton had any REAL competition up until now?

Is he whinging more this year than normal due to having it his own way for years??
Nope not really, Max came along and put a firecracker up Hamilton's ass. On the whinging front, definitely more than usual but again that because he had someone challenging him and putting pressure on throughout the season.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Hamilton fan at all but FMD how much does it suck to lose a race, and title, like that. Poor bastard did everything right up until the end. I thought the NRL had some stupid rules but the safety car rule in F1 is ridiculous. There is WAY too much luck involved. I'm surprised Red Bull didn't engineer a safety car with Perez 10 laps earlier but they got lucky with Latifi's stupid crash (a Merc driver no less)

Not a Verstappen fan either (bit of a grub and a sore loser) so hopefully we can get Ferrari challenging these guys next year to spice things up as I dont want to see F1 dominated by these 2 guys for the next few years

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Hamilton fan at all but FMD how much does it suck to lose a race, and title, like that. Poor bastard did everything right up until the end. I thought the NRL had some stupid rules but the safety car rule in F1 is ridiculous. There is WAY too much luck involved. I'm surprised Red Bull didn't engineer a safety car with Perez 10 laps earlier but they got lucky with Latifi's stupid crash (a Merc driver no less)

Not a Verstappen fan either (bit of a grub and a sore loser) so hopefully we can get Ferrari challenging these guys next year to spice things up as I dont want to see F1 dominated by these 2 guys for the next few years
yeh I agree Im not a Hamilton or Verstappen fan, watching a race/championship decided like that is ridiculous!
The drivers did not decide the result the race director did, and I guarantee you it was done to build more drama for the netflix series.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
because they were told by the race director that there will be no un-laping of lapped cars then changed their minds.... rigged result
lol no you are not smart if you think that, they had to make the call to pit immediately on the first available lap and of course they wouldn't have been told by that time what the safety car restart procedure was or if they would restart at all, the hamilton race engineer explains to him straight up that verstappen would end up right behind him

the announcement that cars wouldn't be allowed to unlap was made in the final sector of lap 56 a couple of laps later, the only people who should be angry about this controversy are red bull because they had enough time by then to tell all the drivers to unlap and have enough time for the final lap so if anything they tried to rig the race for mercedes again, i don't know why they changed their mind or why they initially made the rigged call, my guess is toto wolff was in there trying to decide it and it was overuled by the big bosses

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol no you are not smart if you think that, they had to make the call to pit immediately on the first available lap and of course they wouldn't have been told by that time what the safety car restart procedure was or if they would restart at all, the hamilton race engineer explains to him straight up that verstappen would end up right behind him

the announcement that cars wouldn't be allowed to unlap was made in the final sector of lap 56 a couple of laps later, the only people who should be angry about this controversy are red bull because they had enough time by then to tell all the drivers to unlap and have enough time for the final lap so if anything they tried to rig the race for mercedes again, i don't know why they changed their mind or why they initially made the rigged call, my guess is toto wolff was in there trying to decide it and it was overuled by the big bosses

OK then how come all cars that were lapped unable to un-lap themselves as the rules state plain and clear??