The Formula One Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is a rigged race and F1 is now WWE

verstappen was massive in that twisty section and that kept him ahead of the dominant mercedes, so they put out a virtual safety car for about 10 seconds just as they hit that section specifically to neutralise the red bull advantage and hamilton could get the DRS and attack him on the straight

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh yeah watch that part again on lap 35, they waited 53 seconds from the cameras picking up the debris to put out the virtual safety car and it was done exactly as they entered the turn 4-12 sequence

the tyres might have gone off anyway but they fucked him

verstappen still has the "schumacher advantage" for the last race

btw lewis is the dumbest driver of all time even surpassing taki inoue ffs, he doesn't know anything to do with F1, he asked the team if red bull could change tyres under red flag instead of being a professional an knowing it, he didn't know that verstappen was letting him through, he talks about his race experience but he is an idiot

i remember when he didn't know that he could pass trulli going off the road under the safety car (he thinks maybe he is meant to stop in the middle of the track and wait for him), he had an identical problem to rosberg in a race when team radio instructions were banned and rosberg was able to fix it but hamilton had to play guessing games with the team trying to understand

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man the gloves are gonna be right off in Abu Dhabi. If you thought this race was crazy, next weekend is gonna be hectic!!

I cannot stand the whinging cocksucker Hamilton and I bet the prick will claim the championship now.

All in all, it's been an epic season.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I did believe that either F1 had this planned or Mercedes were definitely doing some sort of tanking earlier in the season.

Bottas or Perez to dive bomb and take the opposition out or Max to do a Senna like crash and wipe them both out therefore handing him the title as he would have more wins

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I did believe that either F1 had this planned or Mercedes were definitely doing some sort of tanking earlier in the season.

Bottas or Perez to dive bomb and take the opposition out or Max to do a Senna like crash and wipe them both out therefore handing him the title as he would have more wins
glad you said senna like crash, most people would use Schumacher to explain that situation and forgive senna

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Crashing or hitting other drivers and trying to take them out is not racing.

Verstappen is an aggressive driver and I like that from him but there are times where he has his brain snaps and does the most stupidest things on the track and he wonders why he gets picked on?

And regardless, if Max didn't receive any penalties, Lewis would have overtaken him in the final 10 Laps because his tyres were going.

PS when and how did Mr I get banned?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crashing or hitting other drivers and trying to take them out is not racing.

Verstappen is an aggressive driver and I like that from him but there are times where he has his brain snaps and does the most stupidest things on the track and he wonders why he gets picked on?

And regardless, if Max didn't receive any penalties, Lewis would have overtaken him in the final 10 Laps because his tyres were going.

PS when and how did Mr I get banned?
Any discussion about Mr I is usually shut down by mods. He did turn tyrannical before he got the punt though

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Verstappen is a wanker, seriously hate that guy!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If you want to remove crashing and hitting other drivers out then Verstappen would be the world champion already

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I've got no doubt that Max will try and take out Lewis if or when they go wheel to wheel and he will not care of he gets a penalty for it.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Some really weird comments here.....was Max at fault? Absolutely. Was his intention to crash with Hamilton and take him out? Fuck no. His whole aim was to slow down and let Hamilton past before the DRS zone and stay within a second of him to use it to his advantage and get the lead back straight away.

Smart idea but poorly executed. It's why he only got a 10 second penalty and not a DQ. Make no mistake if it was deliberate he would have been died

Max is a childish kient but Lewis is a privileged and arrogant **** who complains and whines when he doesn't have the best car. Hope they both crash into each other.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's crazy that F1 haven't changed the rules for deliberately taking out another driver after all of these years where we've seen similar incidents decide a championship in the last race.

If any driver does that, they should lose the amount of points you get for a win from your points total. That way it would be disincentivised and you'd actually have a great final race as opposed to the deliberate crashes we've seen over the years with Senna/Prost and Schumacher/Damon Hill.

Since they haven't changed the rules, you couldn't blame Verstappen for deliberately crashing into Hamilton on the first corner and taking advantage of a stupid rule.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
It's crazy that F1 haven't changed the rules for deliberately taking out another driver after all of these years where we've seen similar incidents decide a championship in the last race.

If any driver does that, they should lose the amount of points you get for a win from your points total. That way it would be disincentivised and you'd actually have a great final race as opposed to the deliberate crashes we've seen over the years with Senna/Prost and Schumacher/Damon Hill.

Since they haven't changed the rules, you couldn't blame Verstappen for deliberately crashing into Hamilton on the first corner and taking advantage of a stupid rule.
Mate if Max intentionally takes him out first corner there will be no question he will be disqualified not only from that race but the whole championship.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Max won't get disqualified for taking out Lewis.

The most severe penalty he will most likely get in the race is a 10 second stop and go penalty and he would have few laps to do this. If he doesn't come in to the pits to serve his stop and go penalty then he will be disqualified from the race.

Besides, F1 drivers will go into a pre-race briefing with FIA race directors and to remind the drivers of the rules and the penalties that are in place and I'm sure the FIA will have meetings with both teams and the drivers beforehand

Reaction score
Some really weird comments here.....was Max at fault? Absolutely. Was his intention to crash with Hamilton and take him out? Fuck no. His whole aim was to slow down and let Hamilton past before the DRS zone and stay within a second of him to use it to his advantage and get the lead back straight away.

Smart idea but poorly executed. It's why he only got a 10 second penalty and not a DQ. Make no mistake if it was deliberate he would have been died

Max is a childish kient but Lewis is a privileged and arrogant **** who complains and whines when he doesn't have the best car. Hope they both crash into each other.
you could argue that hamilton is just as much to blame, only instead of before the DRS in max's case, hamilton was waiting to after the DRS.
They are both to blame IMO and hamilton acting like he didn't know what was going on is just bullshit

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Max won't get disqualified for taking out Lewis.

The most severe penalty he will most likely get in the race is a 10 second stop and go penalty and he would have few laps to do this. If he doesn't come in to the pits to serve his stop and go penalty then he will be disqualified from the race.

Besides, F1 drivers will go into a pre-race briefing with FIA race directors and to remind the drivers of the rules and the penalties that are in place and I'm sure the FIA will have meetings with both teams and the drivers beforehand
If its intentional they won't give him a 10 second penalty lol. There's a precedent already with Michael Schumacher being disqualified in 1997.

It's not easy to disguise an accident. If its not a racing incident and it's clear max did it on purpose theyll have no choice but to dq him as anything else would hand max the title

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
you could argue that hamilton is just as much to blame, only instead of before the DRS in max's case, hamilton was waiting to after the DRS.
They are both to blame IMO and hamilton acting like he didn't know what was going on is just bullshit
I agree with you. Hamilton misjudged it but the sudden breaking hard is what is caused it. That was the unpredictable part

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

This explains it perfectly.

Mind you I hate lewis with a passion. Max should have wiped the **** out properlu

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If its intentional they won't give him a 10 second penalty lol. There's a precedent already with Michael Schumacher being disqualified in 1997.

It's not easy to disguise an accident. If its not a racing incident and it's clear max did it on purpose theyll have no choice but to dq him as anything else would hand max the title
its always the guy fighting against the british guy who is painted as the cheater, and the british guy is the victim, i think the best way to disguise it is to have perez replicate the bottas hungary move

schumacher was disqualified in 1997 because of the nazi in charge of the FIA at the time, in the previous race villeneuve tried to drive slowly and hold up schumacher out of the points, if we are talking about deliberate actions then they should have started there and disqualified villeneuve

then at jerez, williams and mclaren joined up to rig the race and prevent schumacher from winning the title, frentzen sacrificed his race to position himself a pitstop behind the leaders having a little more fuel on board, then along with the mclaren of hakkinen held up schumacher and wiped out his lead

hakkinen was scheduled to pit but they kept him out to continue to help hold up schumacher until villeneuve caught up, so before schumacher took his action he is already the victim of multiple instances of deliberate hinderance including a lapped damon hill not getting out of the way

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got to watch last week's race!

Was avoiding this page like a plague till I watched it.

Can't stand Lewis and I hope Max wins the title but Lewis is a bloody good driver backed up by a good team and car.

A load of crap that Max got a 5 second penalty after giving the place back to Lewis twice!

Not to mention the multiple vsc periods in the first sector where Max was pulling away from Lewis easily.