2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry: Bummer man...

I reckon he's retiring to give the triple crown a red hot crack:
Formula 1 Championship
World Endurance Championship
Indycar 500 Win

Heck maybe even try and win WEC and Indy twice which something no other driver has done in history.

Graham Hill is the only driver to have won the triple crown.
yeah hes openly spoken about it s a few times

And the triple crown involves Monaco grand prix win not the championship, lemans 24 hours victory (not championship) and indy 500..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
yeah hes openly spoken about it s a few times

And the triple crown involves Monaco grand prix win not the championship, lemans 24 hours victory (not championship) and indy 500..
Given it's an unofficial achievement it's a little open aired.

Some claim that it's the entire championship rather than an individual race, others as you say, and others include the F1 championship not just Monaco.

Either way, if Nando can nab another LeMans win and 2 Indycar 500 wins, he'll pick up two!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta say i have always heard the triple crown referred to as Monaco, lemans 24 hr and the indy 500. Anyways sad to see alonso go, although i think he is little bit over-hyped, nonetheless he is a talented driver and i think it is definitely F1's loss he is going.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When Kimi or Ricciardo goes I'll be trying to hold back the tears.

A bit of Googling and yeah it's a confusing one given it's an unofficial acheivement.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i'll be spewin when Ricciardo leaves, i am still kinda wtf about the whole Renault thing. Gotta say though, personally i don't really care that much about kimi, i honestly think the guy has the personalty of a brick :laughing::laughing: but i do admit on occasion some of his radio work is (unintentionally) hilarious.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i'll be spewin when Ricciardo leaves, i am still kinda wtf about the whole Renault thing. Gotta say though, personally i don't really care that much about kimi, i honestly think the guy has the personalty of a brick :laughing::laughing: but i do admit on occasion some of his radio work is (unintentionally) hilarious.
That what makes him awesome... he's so blunt and cold, but I think some of that is intentional.

"STEERING WHEEL... GLOVES ... GIVE IT !!! GIVE IT ME!!!! NOW!!!!"

His instagram which he recently created is pretty damn funny... and in interviews with Vettel he seems to have a sense of humour.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kimi is a character.. but he is not motivated and hes been wasting a Ferrari seat for a long time now .. I would love for Ferrari for once in their history to take a gamble on a young flyer, rather than a safe number 2..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kimi is a character.. but he is not motivated and hes been wasting a Ferrari seat for a long time now .. I would love for Ferrari for once in their history to take a gamble on a young flyer, rather than a safe number 2..
Leave him alone he knows what he's doing :D

Kimi has been shafted by Ferrari to play bridesmaid. so many times they've fucked him over from a victory this year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leave him alone he knows what he's doing :D

Kimi has been shafted by Ferrari to play bridesmaid. so many times they've fucked him over from a victory this year.
hes been a bridesmaid due to inability of staying interested through a whole season .. you cant just wake up every 3 or 4 races and expect the team to back you like a number 1 driver .. his safety car restarts especially sh!t me to tears.. just to relaxed..

if he was more consistent I'm sure Ferrari would be more willing to back him more.. hes copped no near the amount of team orders that Reubens and Massa has copped..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
hes been a bridesmaid due to inability of staying interested through a whole season .. you cant just wake up every 3 or 4 races and expect the team to back you like a number 1 driver .. his safety car restarts especially sh!t me to tears.. just to relaxed..

if he was more consistent I'm sure Ferrari would be more willing to back him more.. hes copped no near the amount of team orders that Reubens and Massa has copped..
If Ferrari didn't shaft him he's have at least 2 podiums this season. He's lost the motivation because Vettel gets all the calls his way.

Just like Bottas has to a degree, and will continue to next season.

Being a driver in a team where you are not allowed to win unless the #1 driver crashes or is out, must be demoralising.

Tis one reason why Dan jumped ship, whereas in Kimis case he's not being chased as much. Like Alonso I think Kimi is comfortable where he is and in what he's doing.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
people claimed hamilton was an idiot for leaving mclaren and joining mercedes so maybe ricciardo will be fine

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
people claimed hamilton was an idiot for leaving mclaren and joining mercedes so maybe ricciardo will be fine
TBH id rather gamble on a Renault then a Honda atm..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Carlos Sainz officially to McLaren next year https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/carlos-sainz-race-mclaren-2019/
*edit: That pretty much also confirms Gasly to get a promotion next season as well and will take on Max
Ohhh you can almost hear the petulant remarks from Vercrashen in his radio already. I'm not sure that they'll favour Max over Gasly either, because Gasly has a very good chance of being WC one day in a capable car. Bloke is a VERY good driver.

Smart move by Sainz (rather than waiting for RBR to make their minds up).

I reckon Dan Ticktum goes into the vacant STR seat (talented 19 yr old Jnr RBR Team member). 2nd in Formula 3 Euro at the moment. At very least he will jump to Formula 2 next year, although I suspect they may take a gamble on him.

Marcus Armstrong is another name to watch (signed to Ferrari Driver Academy). 18yr old NZ driver currently leading Formula 3 Euro over Ticktum, and both drivers have had 4 retirements this year.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sainz would have had to get a release from RB because he was still contracted to them afaik. Yeah going to be a very interesting battle between max and gasly, both young and both very quick, i can see some really good fireworks happening there :laughing:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep he was on loan to Renault this season. Who knows maybe there was a deal done with McLaren (we give you Sainz, you give us Lando Norris).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WRC... any of you guys into it as well?

I love it... attended WRC Rally Australia quite a few times at Coffs Harbour (if you get the chance DO IT.. its friggin awesome!!).. driven a few rally cars before now too .. amazingly talented drivers the WRC guys..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much expected with that one.. Max Verstappen will be PISSED as say goodbye to any protections he had. RBR will be unlikely to neuter Gasly as he is incredibly capable of getting them results.

Game on Maxy boy!

STR lineup will be interesting as Hartley not contracted either.

Ticktum doesn't have enough superlicense points so he's out. Rumour of Jean-Eric Vernge coming back LOL.

I reckon STR should make a play for those drivers potentially unsettled or unable to make a break in a big team: Leclerc, Ocon, Wehrlein, Giovinazzi, Norris, Russell, Vandoorme, etc etc.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it is going to be a fascinating battle with max vs gasly, both very fast drivers. I think dan leaving has given his mate hartley a life-line for at-least one more season now.