Opinion THE FLOG BRANDY ALEXANDER RE BURTON

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It'd be karma if they finally relent and release him to us and then Cleary gets injured the next week
Well that's the thing.. they got May who slips in before Burton.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Panthers wanting to keep Burton.
They think they're in a premiership window, they want Burton as a cheap back up half / utility.
As evident to Brandy's mumbling response, there's hypocrisy around the whole situation but releasing players to manage the cap is common practice.
Panthers will suffer more from releasing Tamou and Tetavano anyway, there lack of depth and experience in the middle will be exposed during the season.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny thing is though if they ran Burton at 14 last year I reckon they could have won the comp. Melbourne would have hated him coming on changing the point of attack. Id like to say they have learned from their errors however selecting May would suggest otherwise
Finally someone other than me said it. He's a much better playmaker than May.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On nrl360 please listen this **** fmd the hate towards these self entitled ***** is growing. And they bs day in day out is wearing this and the bs about how they have no hate towards baz lol

LOL one thing I dont get..hes so quick to jump on why they let mansour go, the money would have put them over to keep staines luai yeo etc

But why hold Burton back from earning more money? Its essentially the same thing in reverse

Reaction score
Brandy is right there’s nothing fair about footy and it’s every team for itself. Why do so many people on here expect the Panthers to do us a favour in a competitive professional sport?
i don't think anyone expects them to the dogs any favours, the favour would more be towards burton so he doesn't languish in reserves getting left behind on his development

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Old panther,
I’m curious why panthers released all their props and are now in a spot they are stressed about it?
I an said Tetevano going to super league caught them off guard so that'd be where the hole is. Our pack isn't as bad as is said though. We can afford at least 1 injury to a starting prop without stress and we can replace 2 in a pinch.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexander is a Bulldogs hating self righteous FLOG!
Also, just because you have a job on Foxsports does not put you in The conversation of some of the greatest half backs ahead of our Turvey - who was a much better player than you ya clown

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandy is right there’s nothing fair about footy and it’s every team for itself. Why do so many people on here expect the Panthers to do us a favour in a competitive professional sport?
Look, you are right, 100%, and our soft cock board at the time SHOULD have done the same with Chloe Klemmer, however, my issue is with this clown and his anti Bulldogs agenda. Just listen to the King Flog call our games ffs.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On nrl360 please listen this **** fmd the hate towards these self entitled ***** is growing. And they bs day in day out is wearing this and the bs about how they have no hate towards baz lol

Alexander has always hated the dogs with a passion. Anytime he commentated on a dogs game he is that one eyed against us that it makes me sick. Blatantly favours anyone against us.
After watching that I’m certain penriff are only hanging on to Burton out of spite. Not for his further develop as they have stated, not as back up for injuries as they have May waiting also. Just a pack of pricks.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also on Alexander, he would have to be about the worst commentator around.
Games I’ve seen that don’t even include the dogs, I struggle a lot of the time to understand what he calls in games and I wonder what he’s actually watching. It could only come down to him having bias against certain teams.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t do us a favour, do the right thing by the Kid.
don’t waste a year of his career on the slight chance you might have a couple of injuries. Apparently he’s the 3rd string 5/8 anyway.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus. As much as I like Gus he messed a lot of our cap creating the issues we now have.
Interesting that 3 current/former leading coaches (Gould, Bennett & Hasler) who are renowned for strong bonds with their players all seem to leave their clubs in difficult salary cap positions. Bellamy seems the only exception but he is a one club head coach and had 2/3 future immortals in the team for most of that time.

Maybe they're too invested in close relationships with their players and it clouds their $ judgement.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was a pretty clear cut admission of panthers priorities and player wellbeing or at least player interest doesn’t appear to be top of the list. That episode tonight may cause a little unrest in the dressing room. We at the dogs have had some administrators who have at times got it wrong, but not sure they were ever intentionally and deliberately setting out to stall a player’s career path.
The public disrespect towards Mansour was pretty confronting. How's he feeling today :grinning:

Yes it's just business but Brandy's language got personal and unprofessional.

Penrith Board won't be thanking him you'd reckon for bringing their ethics into question with a lot of league fans.

Statements like that encourage players not to be loyal and to take the Matterson approach I guess.

You're a long time retired skint and washed up with head knocks, with comments like Alexander's to remind you of your club loyalty.

Last edited: