the dumbest rule in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has to be the "no dragging players back to the ingoal OR sideline when they submit in tackles" rule.

dumbest thing ever. Today in the warriors v souths game a player was 3 metres away from his own goal line.. 2 or 3 warriors players drive him back when he's trying to submit.. the referee blows a penalty.

absolutely ridiculous. It's acceptable to drive a player backwards 5 metres or so in the middle of the field (you won't get penalised unless you carry RIGHT on with it) but when your near the ingoal or sideline the player can't be driven at all.

does anyone else think this is the most stupidest rule ever put in place?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yeah, especially when the player is only looking to find the ground

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
there is something in the rule about feet of the attacking player leaveing the ground. I can't remember what it is exactly, but it is still a pox rule. When do you see penalties for voluntary tackle, because that is what there doing in reality.

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
agreed
i hate it when they call it a penalty when they drag them across the side line
things like that make the game awesome
ffs they've all gone soft

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yea its stupid, but the one on one strip rule can be the worst imo...

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dumbest rule in the game is it's a penalty if you smack/rake the ball out of the other guys hands. (Even if there's two in the tackle). If it goes forward its a knock-on from the defence.. that's fair enough, but not a penalty.

The NFL trainers have special training for controlling the ball and how to grasp it and have a firm grip.

If you can't have a good grip of the ball, dont call for it. Simple as that.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dumbest rule is touching the corner post means you went out

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol best ever tackle ws tallis on brett hodgson in SOO. Bahahaha rag doll lol. Grabbed him from his collar like 10 metres inside the field and flung him to the sideline.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate it

If an attacking player is making momentum forward he is allowed to go on for as long as he wants. But as soon as the defence starts dragging him back just a bit the ref calls held straight away!

There's no reward for the defence. and it sh1ts me.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh its pretty stupid, so is the 2 on one strip coz the refs eep f****** up every time 1 happens

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You should be able to drive them back 30 metres if you make a good enough tackle and they run it up like a f*g.

Every rule in the NRL rulebook rewards crap attack and punishes the defense. Every rule makes it easier for the attack to score a try.

Yet still almost every team in the league can't score more than 12 points in a game.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH I was waiting for the ref to blow a penalty when Morris, Goodwin and Patten put Tellyourpapa into touch. I was just waiting for it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to drive them back 30 metres if you make a good enough tackle and they run it up like a f*g.

Every rule in the NRL rulebook rewards crap attack and punishes the defense. Every rule makes it easier for the attack to score a try.

Yet still almost every team in the league can't score more than 12 points in a game.
lol spot on.

Robert Finch and the NRL are turning the game to ****

tbh Robert Finch is the worst thing to happen to league in the last 10yrs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
TBH I was waiting for the ref to blow a penalty when Morris, Goodwin and Patten put Tellyourpapa into touch. I was just waiting for it.
yeah lol

its like

.......:sleep:.................:uptight:..........:amazed:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah lol

its like

.......:sleep:.................:uptight:..........:amazed:
Honestly, I didn't cheer. I waited and watched the ref, then when he called a scrum feed to Canterbury I cheered by myself like an idiot. LOL

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Its all very well to say the rule sucks etc etc but back in the day when the Rorters were dominant, a player eg El Masri would return a kick from around the try line, he would get to the 10 metre line then 3-4 Roosters players would come along and pick him up and carry him back like a chair lift into the ingoal.

It was the most ridiculous thing ever. To make it worse the commentators would all froth about the Roosters with crap like "OOOOOHHHH HUUUUGEEE defense from the ROOOSSTERSS"....

The fact is there is nothing huge, or even good, about 3-4 blokes picking up one player and carrying him. Any 3 blokes could pick up one player, it's just simple physics.

What needs to be done is a reinforcement of the voluntary tackle rule. Start blowing a few penalties against these players who just surrender at the line.

We need to be careful what we wish for though, considering we have one of the greatest tackle surrenderers in history playing on the wing..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to be careful what we wish for though, considering we have one of the greatest tackle surrenderers in history playing on the wing..
And at fullback....

The General is the greatest ever at diving at their feet, getting down on the ground and making sure he can't get taken out or back into the in goal. He is a smart player and plenty of other wingers or fullbacks in those situations stand bolt upright and get taken out into touch or back in goal because they are stupid.

U

Upskirt News

And at fullback....

The General is the greatest ever at diving at their feet, getting down on the ground and making sure he can't get taken out or back into the in goal. He is a smart player and plenty of other wingers or fullbacks in those situations stand bolt upright and get taken out into touch or back in goal because they are stupid.
Shrek used to do it too. People mistook this for him being a cat but in fact it was very smart. Why keep pushing forward if you are going nowhere. Shrek, what a champion

Status
Not open for further replies.