The Dogs & Darius

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

exactly...

there is no need to go on a shopping spree just because we have the money... best to wait and see what comes along rather then spend only to buy a dud lol
dont know who you are referring to as a dud?? Boyd? i hope not, he is a class player and SOO rep.
what people have to understand is that if we have the money for this year, we should spend it, we can save it for next year, put them on 1 year contracts and then it makes no difference but it adds to our depth for next year. if they perfom then resign them after that, if they are a dud then we have lost nothing as they are only signed for 1 year, it is commonsense, thats why Greenburg has repeatably said it is not good business to operate below the cap

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
dont know who you are referring to as a dud?? Boyd? i hope not, he is a class player and SOO rep.
what people have to understand is that if we have the money for this year, we should spend it, we can save it for next year, put them on 1 year contracts and then it makes no difference but it adds to our depth for next year. if they perfom then resign them after that, if they are a dud then we have lost nothing as they are only signed for 1 year, it is commonsense, thats why Greenburg has repeatably said it is not good business to operate below the cap

Agreed.

I'm just curious WHO we would be waiting for if we didn't sign Boyd?....

People keep saying save the money, don't just spend it on anybody but save it for who?? Turn down a SOO rep for who ffs?

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Darius Boyd is a player on the way up not the way down for a guy that is already a QLD rep at 21 he is only going to get better.

You watch.

Lots of good signings
Ennis 24
Hannant 23
Kimmorley Old but experienced
Morris 21
Boyd ? 21

Add Barba 20
Kite 20
Harrison 20
Nanai 20
Winitana 21

These players will be around for a long time smart buying I think.

K

kennyy

1. patten
2. wini
3. boyd
4. morris
5. idris/utai/whoever

reserve backline
1.crisp
2.tala
3.heka
4.millard
5.millard

jersey 18 in nsw cup

18. Hazem El Masri

aw yeh

C

chipandchase

Agreed.

I'm just curious WHO we would be waiting for if we didn't sign Boyd?....

People keep saying save the money, don't just spend it on anybody but save it for who?? Turn down a SOO rep for who ffs?
yeh i cant understand either, the people who are saying wait obviously dont understand how the salary cap works.
Boyd can also cover fullback if Patten is no good, whereas King cant.
i also have a question mark over King, alot of the Melbbourne players that have left there havnt really shown much, hence he is not setting the world on fire over in England.
Boyd is also younger and faster, something we need. We can build a backline around the likes of Boyd, Morris, Idris and Barba, form and injuries permitting they could play the next 5 to 8 years together.
We need some stability and think those players will give us that.
We just need to sign him first!!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
dont know who you are referring to as a dud?? Boyd? i hope not, he is a class player and SOO rep. what people have to understand is that if we have the money for this year, we should spend it, we can save it for next year, put them on 1 year contracts and then it makes no difference but it adds to our depth for next year. if they perfom then resign them after that, if they are a dud then we have lost nothing as they are only signed for 1 year, it is commonsense, thats why Greenburg has repeatably said it is not good business to operate below the cap
Are you actually agreeing with me now ?

The signing of Boyd for 3 years at $700K is of no value to us unless he scores 12-15 tries a year, for the next three years. If not, how many does he need to score to prove his value ?

With a SOO line-up around him or Lockyer servicing him with kicks, he cannot do it himself !

Dud buy !

(sig it and prove me wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.