hazem = left right out
Reaction score
so IF Boyd is to sign:

1. Patten
2. el-masri
3. Morris
4. Boyd
5. Utai ?????
thats the team for next year....................................................................................... without hazem of course

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ive learned from the Jeff Lima saga , so im not getting excited until its on the doggies website :grinning:
Same. I have had enough of getting my hopes up!

But it will be excellent if we get him. As i said in the news lounge, as sad as it sounds we need some more big names in our line up. Boyd gets mentioned in the media for good things, and that's what we need.

But 280K? Dunno about that, but i guess if thats what they need to lure him it's what needs to be done...the club knows whats right for them, definately more than me lol

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
$280K for Darius Boyd ?
Have we learnt nothing since the salary-cap scandal ?

Over-paying average players got us in the sh*t in the first place !

Save it ! Offer performance bonuses !

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
I wouldn't go jumping the gun without knowing all the details punks. 280k could be the total package & not just the basic wage.

C

chipandchase

$280K for Darius Boyd ?

stupid comment, we are not over the cap for a start.
and average player? he played SOO this year and played very well, he is a sensational buy for us if we can get him, he is young, fast and can cover centre, wing and fullback if Patten is no good.
it would be a great backline, as i see it

Patten
Utai
Morris
Boyd
Idris

thats pretty quick and versatile, it would match almost any backline, throw in BK organising, and we are extremely competitive

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
stupid comment, we are not over the cap for a start.
OH goodie .... An insult ! Great start there you f*cking d*cknose !
and average player? he played SOO this year and played very well,
Big deal he played SOO ! IF it weren't for the kicking games of Qld's halves, or the fact that Hayne got suspended he would've contributed a lot less and got completely owned !
he is a sensational buy for us if we can get him,
Not for $280K he isn't ! More like $200K tops !
he is young, fast and can cover centre, wing and fullback if Patten is no good.
Fullback ? ROFL ! ! ! Boyd has zero ability without stars around him !
it would be a great backline, as i see it

Patten
Utai
Morris
Boyd
Idris

thats pretty quick and versatile, it would match almost any backline, throw in BK organising, and we are extremely competitive
Yeah .... if you squint your eyes and think real hard it is .... I myself would like to shag that hot pole-volt chick in Hasoon's sig, but that isn't going to happen either is it ?

You're entitled to your opinion there hotshot, but one injury to either Noddy, or Patten and THAT amazing star-studded line-up you speak of falls apart like a wet tissue !

And where has spending $280K on Darius got us then ?

C

chipandchase

OH goodie .... An insult ! Great start there you f*cking d*cknose !

Big deal he played SOO ! IF it weren't for the kicking games of Qld's halves, or the fact that Hayne got suspended he would've contributed a lot less and got completely owned !

Not for $280K he isn't ! More like $200K tops !
Fullback ? ROFL ! ! ! Boyd has zero ability without stars around him !

Yeah .... if you squint your eyes and think real hard it is .... I myself would like to shag that hot pole-volt chick in Hasoon's sig, but that isn't going to happen either is it ?

You're entitled to your opinion there hotshot, but one injury to either Noddy, or Patten and THAT amazing star-studded line-up you speak of falls apart like a wet tissue !

And where has spending $280K on Darius got us then ?
Boyd has zero ability? that is probably the most stupid ever written on this site.
I wont abuse you, i feel sorry for you,as you obviously have no clue about the game to write such garbage.
as for injuries, well every team in the comp can say the same thing if they lose their star players.
and another point, if we didnt have Boyd to cover injuries we would be worse, common sense really, but i can see you dont have any.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Boyd has zero ability? that is probably the most stupid ever written on this site.
I wont abuse you, i feel sorry for you,as you obviously have no clue about the game to write such garbage.
as for injuries, well every team in the comp can say the same thing if they lose their star players.
and another point, if we didnt have Boyd to cover injuries we would be worse, common sense really, but i can see you dont have any.
Look moron ..... dont walk into intellectual battles with people if you're only gonna be armed with a spud-gun !

And it's hard to argue common sense with me if Darius gets injured right ?

And personal insults diguised as 'feeling sorry for me' doesn't work either ! A lame attempt at best !

My original point (which you completely missed .... you mental midget) was that paying $280K for average/un-proven players creates the very situation we were in back in 98 !

And yes I'll say it .... one series on the wing in SOO does not make a champion player ! Thurston, Prince, the rest of Qld, and the suspension of Hayne all factored in his performance ! Take those away when he is at the Dogs, and can he do the same job without them ? Me thinks NOT !

So I'll repeat it for you ..... Boyd IS NOT worth $280K - if we start paying the likes of him that much, we may as well give Maitua $400K ! And Ryan $500K .... and so on, and so on.

Even you with all your ... ahem .... commone sense, must be able to see that !

And one more thing you cerebral-dynamo ...... think twice before you insult someone with a different opinion than yours, and label them as having no common sense !

Where's the effing common sense in that ?

NEXT !

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look moron ..... dont walk into intellectual battles with people if you're only gonna be armed with a spud-gun !

And personal insults diguised as 'feeling sorry for me' doesn't work either ! A lame attempt at best !

My original point (which you completely missed .... you mental midget) was that paying $280K for average/un-proven players creates the very situation we were in back in 98 !

And yes I'll say it .... one series on the wing in SOO does not make a champion player ! Thurston, Prince, the rest of Qld, and the suspension of Hayne all factored in his performance ! Take those away when he is at the Dogs, and can he do the same job without them ? Me thinks NOT !

So I'll repeat it for you ..... Boyd IS NOT worth $280K - if we start paying the likes of him that much, we may as well give Maitua $400K ! And Ryan $500K .... and so on, and so on.

And one more thing you cerebral-dynamo ...... think twice before you insult someone with a different opinion than yours, and label them as having no common sense !

NEXT !
u serious mate..boyd scored twice in the biggest game of all

state of origin!!!:whacky:

C

chipandchase

u serious mate..boyd scored twice in the biggest game of all

state of origin!!!:whacky:
yeh captain of his own ship has no idea lol
how can anyone say Boyd is unproven, as he played first grade for the last 2 year in arguebly the best backline in the comp alongside the storm at present and also excelled at SOO??
but hey, captain knows best and he calls himself intellectual?? what a dumbass

C

chipandchase

NEXT !
loudmouth exactly, what a dumb ass you are lmao.
Boyd is unproven lmao

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Matt King and Antonio Kaufusi + we'll have money from the guys we didn't re-sign, eg Emelio, Morrin etc...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
captain knows best and he calls himself intellectual??
I said no such thing ! You sir .....are a liar !

And a poor judge of value to boot !

Someone refresh me .....

Did Boyd score these tries due to individual brilliance ?
Did he evade tacklers ?

OR

Was he given a saloon passage to the try line courtesy of the likes of Falau, Inglis, Slater, Smith, Thurston and Prince.

He is a good signing ..... NOT for $280K ! More like $180K !

Which nincompoops ... was my original point ! OR do we just ignore that bit for our own purposes ?

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
That sounds pretty fair I reckon. $230,000 per for Darius, and we get him for 3 years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
$280K for Darius Boyd ?

I dont know if Boyd is worth 280k or not, he probably is, but i agree that performance bonuses are a good idea. Might put a rocket up a few bums lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.