The definition of a do or die mentality

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amen to that!

I was at that game and one of the things I most remember was the feeling once our comeback started.

We weren't gong to be denied.

In the end it was like the Parrascum weren't even on the field. We just kept scoring more and more and more points. I think it was 30 to nil (from the time our comeback started).

Also special that extra time wasn't golden point. So even when we had beaten the dirty Scum we got to score more and more. Travis Norton's try at the end was the icing on the cake.
The real hero of the day was Paul Carige
93 seconds of Paul Carige Failing - NRL Fails - 1998 Preliminary Final Bulldogs vs Eels - YouTube

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys just seem to think because we;
A) played them
And
B) Played them in a grand final
That makes us rivals.
In that case roosters are our rivals too. Not to mention they stole Mason, Myles, Atoni and Anasta from us.
So by everyone’s logic here too they are our biggest rivals.
The answer is simply it simmered but was born in 98.
The 70s was the pregnancy test.
The 80s was the ultrasound
The defection of players was the foetus….
But the BIRTH was 98.
But I’m hesitant if the kid still lives bevause pretty sure Parra don’t care about us anymore. Not worth their time.
They get more gee’d up about the Penrith rivalry.
They see us like a hector Salamanca. Used to be dangerous years ago but Penrith is now Lalo Salamanca for the BCS fans. Slick and dangerous but the eels are the Penrith Achilles heel.
The rivalry was invented by the media, and made many fans angry about the way the media promoted Sterling as the greater halfback over Mortimer.
Sterlo's golden locks was perfect TV eye candy, which was the reason he was offered a TV role after he retired.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The rivalry was invented by the media, and made many fans angry about the way the media promoted Sterling as the greater halfback over Mortimer.
Sterlo's golden locks was perfect TV eye candy, which was the reason he was offered a TV role after he retired.
Sterling was bald in his last years

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Price's ungracious 'where's Canterbury?' speech after winning the 1986 grand final fuelled a fair bit of anger at the time. I remember I was at the game and there was genuine animosity in the crowd. There have been quite a few ups and downs in my many years as a fan but that is still the worst I have ever felt. On the bright side, it appears Karma has proven to be a bitch for Parramatta as they haven't had the chance to make any victory speeches again.

Price was very salty about missing the Australian captaincy to Dr. George Peponis in 1979 and felt it was based on ethnicity and that Peter Moore had overplayed his hand in the appointment. We then beat them as major underdogs in the 1979 Preliminary Final (from memory, he was sent off in the closing stages as well) and his hatred for our club was solidified. We reciprocated the feeling in kind.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both top teams but it was t a rivalry. Rivalry started due to the 98 game.
Sometimes saying nothing at all is the better option. I don’t know how old you are? I suggest you do a bit of a History lesson before making crazy statements like this.

suggesting the Dogs/Parra rivalry was born in 1998 shows you as clueless to people that lived through the true rivalry.

On a scale, the rivalry with Parramatta. 90% can be credited to the 80’s. 5% can be credited to the movement of Pay, Dymock, Smith & Mcracken in Super League times.

They used Belmore as their home ground and we have used Parra Stadium as our home ground over the years. The rivalry has so many levels of depth. 1998 was a temporary spark to renew talk about history.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes saying nothing at all is the better option. I don’t know how old you are? I suggest you do a bit of a History lesson before making crazy statements like this.

suggesting the Dogs/Parra rivalry was born in 1998 shows you as clueless to people that lived through the true rivalry.

On a scale, the rivalry with Parramatta. 90% can be credited to the 80’s. 5% can be credited to the movement of Pay, Dymock, Smith & Mcracken in Super League times.

They used Belmore as their home ground and we have used Parra Stadium as our home ground over the years. The rivalry has so many levels of depth. 1998 was a temporary spark to renew talk about history.
So they used Belmore and we used Parra stadium…
Rivalry…. Or friendship?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A) played them
And
That makes us rivals.
In that case roosters are our rivals too. Not to mention they stole Mason, Myles, Atoni and Anasta from us.
So by everyone’s logic here too they are our biggest rivals.
The answer is simply it simmered but was born in 98.
The 70s was the pregnancy test.
The 80s was the ultrasound
The defection of players was the foetus….
But the BIRTH was 98.
But I’m hesitant if the kid still lives bevause pretty sure Parra don’t care about us anymore. Not worth their time.
They get more gee’d up about the Penrith rivalry.
They see us like a hector Salamanca. Used to be dangerous years ago but Penrith is now Lalo Salamanca for the BCS fans. Slick and dangerous but the eels are the Penrith Achilles heel.
Bro stop talking it was the 80s

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Eels has a nice ring to it.
BLUE
BLACK
WHITE
Yellow

Let’s own these idiots via a biased merger!!
WHO IS WITH ME!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Amen to that!

I was at that game and one of the things I most remember was the feeling once our comeback started.

We weren't gong to be denied.

In the end it was like the Parrascum weren't even on the field. We just kept scoring more and more and more points. I think it was 30 to nil (from the time our comeback started).

Also special that extra time wasn't golden point. So even when we had beaten the dirty Scum we got to score more and more. Travis Norton's try at the end was the icing on the cake.
It was 30-2 from the time the comeback started. 18-2 with 11 to go, final score 32-20.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A) played them
And
That makes us rivals.
1694992272590.png

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I legit watched the highlights of this a day ago. I think it was footyclassics, a youtuber who broke down the key moments and some funny comments from Rabs, Sterlo, etc.

Enough is enough, we've been in the mud long for too long as it is. We need to rediscover that mentality and team spirit.

Here is the clip I watched:
Everyone forgets the match the week before. Just as good.

Oh I should add that Bulldogs played Parra in the reserve grade grand final. Eels were up a similar amount with the 10mins to go. Bulldogs won that as well. Great day at the grand final except for after half time of first grade (we were winning 12-10 in First grade at half time). We also won the U21's.

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get more of a thrill of pleasure beating Souths than any other team. We were the only club that went in to bat for them when they were punted from the league, and they have shat on us ever since they were reinstated.

The 2014 GF was a disgrace - it was Souths vs some other team in all the media build-up! I sensed (correctly as it turned out) that we weren't going to be allowed to win, with all the glory glory stuff going on.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they used Belmore and we used Parra stadium…
Rivalry…. Or friendship?
Definitely not friendship lol. Both were forced due to no other options at the time.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo should play this clip over and over again! Maybe this would inspire the team

It’s even more sweeter that the flog Sterling was commentating this game, watching his scum team go down.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
It was 30-2 from the time the comeback started. 18-2 with 11 to go, final score 32-20.
Thanks for that.

I actually hadn't realised those mo fos scored any points during our comeback stage. Even 2 is too many. How dare they!