The Dark Knight *contains spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Saw it this morning...

They did a really good job with this movie, the storyline was pretty dark compared previous ones and you stay on the edge of your seat. Ledger however played the role of the Joker fantastically, its a real shame he passed away because a performance like that would have skyrocketed his career, it was so believeable in every way. It didn't disappoint at all, and Im sure it wont disapooint other Batman fans out there. Cbf really wriiting too much up on it Ill have to watch it again before I write it up in too much detail (should have really done this when it was still fresh in my mind)

The only thing wrong with it was it kind of contradicted previous movies:
- Batman had no idea of the Jokers real identity
- Harvey Dent (Two Face) was introduced and killed (although he was still alive in Batman Forever and killed in that one too)
- The Jokers story about how he became what he is didnt match the one from the first Batman movie

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant c it till this weekend:(

but im so pumped for it

everytime someone says dark i always assume their talking about it and jump in even if i dont know them

quite embarressing to say the least

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
alex they rebooted the batman franchise, they started again

so everything youve learnt about batman should be forgotten

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score

Thats exactly right,

This movie worked so well, and IMO the fact they didnt leave Two face alive is a blessing because a third installment with Aaron Eckhart as the main villian wouldnt have worked

Heath has put an end to this franchise IMO, it cant be topped

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Loved every single moment of this movie. There are no slow points during the film. Got a standing ovation in the cinema i was in, a little over the top but slightly justified.

loved the magic trick!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Saw it this morning...

They did a really good job with this movie, the storyline was pretty dark compared previous ones and you stay on the edge of your seat. Ledger however played the role of the Joker fantastically, its a real shame he passed away because a performance like that would have skyrocketed his career, it was so believeable in every way. It didn't disappoint at all, and Im sure it wont disapooint other Batman fans out there. Cbf really wriiting too much up on it Ill have to watch it again before I write it up in too much detail (should have really done this when it was still fresh in my mind)

- Harvey Dent (Two Face) was introduced and killed (although he was still alive in Batman Forever and killed in that one too)
- The Jokers story about how he became what he is didnt match the one from the first Batman movie

Did you feel as though there were no slow points during this movie or was it just me? Great perfomances by Bale and Ledger. I need to see it again......

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if they're restarting it, it's to do it properly
it's not been done properly til now (batman begins - the start)

having said that, I don't know how two face dies, but it's not uncommon for heroes and villains in comics to die and come back again in some way, that's why they're superheroes/villains ;)

i never really read alot of batman comics back in the day of my comic book reading, so i'm not sure of how the joker was 1st introduced to the batman storyline, but then, the joker was brought to life way back in 1940 according to wiki, so not many comic book fans these days would have seen the introduction of the joker, however, perhaps this is how it was truly done

also, the joker (jack nicholson) from the 1st one is a version that was only floating around for about 15 years, the character in the comics was censored and so his history had to be re-invented to suit

now, they're showing the true history of the joker, not the censored, sugar coated version that lasted only a short time

apparently, there was a censorship board for comics which forced the darker joker into just some harmless, cackling nuisance (nicholson version) instead of the original homicidal psycopath (ledger), during the 50's and 60's

now we're seeing the true batman and joker, so in a way, i'm not suprised they're ignoring the glitzy versions previous to 'batman begins' and starting fresh

i'm glad they are, i'm also not surprised ledger plays the part well
i'll be off to see it in the next couple of days

hope that clears a few things up for some peeps
looking forward to this

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score

I know this but its just co confusing lol why must they fool with our minds :sleep:

Did you feel as though there were no slow points during this movie or was it just me? Great perfomances by Bale and Ledger. I need to see it again......
not at all the movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, it got a standing ovation from the cinema I saw it in too.

M

MikeyP..

Watched it a couple of hours ago, at the city. FRIGGEN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The Joker reminded me of Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon 1

Heaps better of course, but from time to time his actions and stuff remined me of Riggs especially when he acted crazy in Lethal Weapon

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it this morning...

How were they different again?

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
In the first batman movie the joker falls into a vat of acid after running into batman. And Batman knew his identity the whole time, he was the guy who killed his parents.

In the new movie you dont find out really what happened to him and nobody knows who he is. He tells two stories to how he gothis scars and stuff

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
hehehe im totally resisting reading this thread!!

i shall post away when i have watched the movie!!

OMG cant wait!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I just bought tickets to watch it again, this time at IMAX on Sunday

Oh I cant wait, its gonna go off at IMAX

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ill wait for it to be released on DVD tbh

M

mofo sixx

watched it today, pretty cool Ledger was awesome as the joker, he made the movie imo , was too long but by about 1/2 an hour

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Saw it this morning...

I saw it last night and it was awsome, best movie ive seen in a while and Ledger played the Joker's role so real and it is a shame he isnt around anymore cause this would of made him huge. A good storyline which your right kept you on the edge of your seat, awsome movie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.