The Correct Rule -

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozecluez

New Pup
Reaction score
Thought I would bring this to your attention. As a neutral I feel you were rorted and while people talk about taking the legs out this wasn't Graham's intention and in fact the ref didn't follow the correct rules

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything in the rule book in regards to a physio/doctor communicating/having a go at an opposing player.

its quite obvious the rabbitohs physio/doctor had a go at Graham as you can see Grahams reaction towards that clown

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rule is.

10.(a)If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts. (b)If the attempt at drop goal is successful, a kick at goal must be taken from the penalty kick and play re-started from the centre of the halfway line irrespective of the outcome of that kick. (c)If the attempt at drop goal is unsuccessful, the penalty kick can be taken in any manner provided for in the Laws and play re-started according to the outcome of that kick.

Though it's 2013 edition.

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEd...02013FINAL.pdf

You hear the ref mention field goal.

boozecluez

New Pup
Reaction score
So what is stopping you from running to the line and drop kicking just before you get smashed in the tackle

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks boozecluez for showing that rule. Sadly, it doesn't alter the result of tonight's game; and may not have prevented Souths from winning by some other play.

What annoys me is that Morris was blatantly pushed in the back, and a penalty should have been awarded on the Bunnies' 40 metre line, with enough time for a kick and full set of six. We were denied that chance. And that is a disregard of the rules.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The rule is.

10.(a)If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts. (b)If the attempt at drop goal is successful, a kick at goal must be taken from the penalty kick and play re-started from the centre of the halfway line irrespective of the outcome of that kick. (c)If the attempt at drop goal is unsuccessful, the penalty kick can be taken in any manner provided for in the Laws and play re-started according to the outcome of that kick.

Though it's 2013 edition.

http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEd...02013FINAL.pdf

You hear the ref mention field goal.
Please learn the rules before you comment.

Attempting a tackle/chargedown is not a foul.

Tackling the player without the ball / shoulder charging the player / tripping the player, is considered a foul.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
An incident i witnessed in the moments following T.Hodkinson's field goal. The Orange Shirt South Sydney Trainer as his team were making their way back to the half way, began chasing after and screaming at the bulldogs ball kid for the ball. He then came up behind the ball kid and ripped the ball from his hands nearly knocking him over. This was all for no reason as the clock had been stopped which is not a new rule in the last 10 or 5min of a game.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please learn the rules before you comment.

Attempting a tackle/chargedown is not a foul.

Tackling the player without the ball / shoulder charging the player / tripping the player, is considered a foul.
Maybe you should learn them.

Dangerous contact on field goal: the rule explained

There was much confusion after lead referee Gerard Sutton handed South Sydney a penalty in front of the sticks when halfback Adam Reynolds' leg was taken out on a James Graham chargedown. Referees boss Tony Archer fronted the media post-game to explain the rule.

"If there is an unsuccessful field goal attempt, and there is an infringement on the kicker, that penalty is awarded 10 metres out from in front of the goal posts," he said.

"That's why they went to that position for the penalty. It's not where the ball bounces, which is just from a general play kick. That was the difference in it."

Whether the penalty should have been awarded or not, Archer was unwilling to say.

"It's really difficult for me to comment because the player has been placed on report for the dangerous contact, and there obviously has to be a process that has to occur in relation to that," he said.

http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-v-rabbitohs-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/85080/default.aspx

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me it was a 50 / 50 call, no intention in it at all by Graham, personally i think it was accident but i see how the ref ruled like he did.The Lichaa penaly pissed me off more cause his foot was no were near it.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There was much confusion after lead referee Gerard Sutton handed South Sydney a penalty in front of the sticks when halfback Adam Reynolds' leg was taken out on a James Graham chargedown. Referees boss Tony Archer fronted the media post-game to explain the rule.

"If there is an unsuccessful field goal attempt, and there is an infringement on the kicker, that penalty is awarded 10 metres out from in front of the goal posts," he said.

"That's why they went to that position for the penalty. It's not where the ball bounces, which is just from a general play kick. That was the difference in it."

Whether the penalty should have been awarded or not, Archer was unwilling to say.

"It's really difficult for me to comment because the player has been placed on report for the dangerous contact, and there obviously has to be a process that has to occur in relation to that," he said.

http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-v-rabbitohs-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/85080/default.aspx

just the fact that he doesnt want too comment tells me hes a knob and knows that james should not have been penalised!!!!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me it was a 50 / 50 call, no intention in it at all by Graham, personally i think it was accident but i see how the ref ruled like he did.The Lichaa penaly pissed me off more cause his foot was no were near it.
It seemed like it but the 50/50 call went towards the Rabbits when it shouldn't have plus that Lichaa penalty was so bad... Inglis lost the ball cold with Lichaa nearly standing at marker when it happened lol

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't think anybody cares where the penalty should take place

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I only care that I posted the correct rule.
Yeah, in regards to the placement of the penalty.

It's been posted in two different threads, two sets of photos confirming Graham was mid dive before the ball left Reynolds foot. How is that correct? Your rule states "if a player fouls", this is the topic of conversation. Not the rules of placement after "foul" has taken place

Dogseyes61

Waterboy
Reaction score
I believe this rule was brought in to protect the kickers from players diving at the legs on 5th tackle kicks where the ball is a lot higher normally when kicked. NOT when players are taking field goals where the foot makes contact with the ball on the ground. Where else can you go but low to block the ball.
Disgraceful decision and even made worse by the position the penalty was given. The ball bounced 21m in from touch......That's where the penalty (if at all) should have been awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.