NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OJ Mayo signs with Dallas. They've turned a crap off season into a pretty good one with Mayo, Collison, Jones, Brand and Kaman all coming in.

Phoenix rebuilding pretty well too with Dragic, Beasley and Scola signed.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd lol if Lakers traded for Dwight and then he didn't re-sign with them and walked to BK at the end of the season.

Brooklyn probably still think they have a trade chance, because Humphries got a big 2 year 24m deal which will be a pretty big expirer in a years time for Orlando who want to dump Hedo and J Rich's big contracts.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd lol if Lakers traded for Dwight and then he didn't re-sign with them and walked to BK at the end of the season.

Brooklyn probably still think they have a trade chance, because Humphries got a big 2 year 24m deal which will be a pretty big expirer in a years time for Orlando who want to dump Hedo and J Rich's big contracts.
lakers will want him to sign an extension before they trade

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lakers will want him to sign an extension before they trade
Yep, but you have teams like Houston who don't care if he signs one before the trade or not. The Magic might be keen on a Rockets package including some of their rookies (White, Lamb, Jones) rather than a Lakers package that won't go through if they can't get Dwight to sign an extension.

Plus the Rockets need to get rid of a few of their 50 forwards lol

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Damien Lillard impressed me over the Summer League if anyone has been following. Picked 6th in draft.
Jeremy Lamb also.

Heat have spread the floor more for James and Wade. Ray and Rashard will have a ton of time to shoot.

Hope Nets get it going.
Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Humphries and Lopez.
Wallace and Humphries are top defenders.
- not jumping on their bandwagon.

Timberwolves - strengthened their roster too.
Rubio, Roy, Budinger/Williams, Love, Pekovic

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lakers sign antawn jamison. good signing, averaged 17pts and 6reb last season with the cavs. will fill the bench nicely

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone notice that Kia is the major sponsor of the NBA and the new car they just released is called the "Rondo", with no mention of the player. Shifty kents

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players traded/Teams receive.

Lakers: Dwight Howard
76ers: Andrew Bynum & Jason Richardson
Nuggets: Andre Iguodala
Magic: Aaron Affalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Mauricee Harkless and one protected future first-round pick from each team

good trade for everyone except orlando

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL at Orlando, might as well have taken the Brooklyn deal. Now they basically traded Dwight for Aaron Afflalo and Al Harrington, definitely going into tank mode for Wiggins, Shabazz Muhammed, or Nerlens Noel.

Sixers got a great deal out of this. Shipped 28 year old Iggy for 24 year old Bynum, likely a better piece to build around.

masterdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
apparently the deciding factor the lakers chose to lose bynum instead of gasol is that they didn't have enough trust in bynum becoming the go to man when kobe decides to retire in a season or 2 for now

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Sixers got a great deal out of this. Shipped 28 year old Iggy for 24 year old Bynum, likely a better piece to build around.
True. This man knows what he is talking 'bout.
Iggy was good for them though. Posted some good numbers. Hopefully a more consistent Evan Turner can fill the SF
Need a power forward though. I think they utilised Thad Young there last year. Should have kept Brand.

Lacked a go to scorer. Maybe Bynum can be that man.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
orlando will be lucky to have a top 5 pick next season, this deal seems crazy... and they still have hedo turkoglu

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. This man knows what he is talking 'bout.
Iggy was good for them though. Posted some good numbers. Hopefully a more consistent Evan Turner can fill the SF
Need a power forward though. I think they utilised Thad Young there last year. Should have kept Brand.

Lacked a go to scorer. Maybe Bynum can be that man.
Iggy isn't a number one option so I think they were right to ship him. Brand was on big coin for his numbers, but now Philly are left with Thaddeus Young there who is undersized. Maybe they play Spencer Hawes at the 4 with Bynum now at the 5?

They need another point too with Lou Williams going to Atlanta.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
They got Jrue at PG. I rate him!
Nick Young (very inconsistent) and JRich and Evan Turner.

Lavoy Allen can play PF but even he is undersized.

WHat did you guys think of Lillard. He was impressive in summer league. Looking forward to Pick and Rolls with him and Lamarcus Aldridge.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They got Jrue at PG. I rate him!
Nick Young (very inconsistent) and JRich and Evan Turner.

Lavoy Allen can play PF but even he is undersized.

WHat did you guys think of Lillard. He was impressive in summer league. Looking forward to Pick and Rolls with him and Lamarcus Aldridge.
I meant to play behind Jrue. I like Lavoy Allen, he has a pretty solid mid-range jumper on him.