51-39 Warriors at half-time.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
19-4 run to start the 3rd quarter for Boston. Were down 16 at one stage and are now up 3.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That 3 from Poole at the end of the 3rd changed all of the momentum.. Boston came out soft in the 4th quarter.. Wiggins, Poole and Payton gave the Warriors a huge lift while Boston got only 4 points from it's bench and once again turned it over way too many times...

Boston will win game 6 but I don't like their chances of winning game 7...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That 3 from Poole at the end of the 3rd changed all of the momentum.. Boston came out soft in the 4th quarter.. Wiggins, Poole and Payton gave the Warriors a huge lift while Boston got only 4 points from it's bench and once again turned it over way too many times...

Boston will win game 6 but I don't like their chances of winning game 7...
Boston were lucky that Curry shot so badly.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Updated Playoffs Standings:

Miami 4-1
Atlanta
Boston 4-0 Brooklyn
Milwaukee 4-1 Chicago
Philadelphia 4-2 Toronto
Phoenix 4-2 New Orleans
Memphis 4-2 Minnesota
Golden State 4-1 Denver
Dallas 4-2 Utah

Miami 4-2 Philadelphia
Boston 4-3 Milwaukee
Phoenix 3-4 Dallas
Memphis 2-4 Golden State

Miami 3-4 Boston
Golden State 4-1
Dallas

Golden State 3-2 Boston

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I keep saying every game that the Celtics need to limit their turnovers. You'd think eventually they'd take care of the ball based on these stats..

In the playoffs they're 1-7 when they have 16+ turnovers.. They're 13-2 when they have 15 turnovers or less..

Malla

Reaction score
I keep saying every game that the Celtics need to limit their turnovers. You'd think eventually they'd take care of the ball based on these stats..

In the playoffs they're 1-7 when they have 16+ turnovers.. They're 13-2 when they have 15 turnovers or less..
That loss is on Tatum. He can't let Green and them to get under his skin like that.

Boston also need a PG. You can't expect high quality offence from Smart when he's busy keeping Curry to 0% from 3.

Game 6 adjustment Udoka should make is starting White, benching Horford, playing Williams more minutes over Horford and playing small.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

The Celtics biggest issue is that they don't play with a natural PG or playmaker. Tatum is developing as a playmaker and will get there eventually I think. Smart is a great defender but he's not a natural playmaker.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That loss is on Tatum. He can't let Green and them to get under his skin like that.

Boston also need a PG. You can't expect high quality offence from Smart when he's busy keeping Curry to 0% from 3.

Game 6 adjustment Udoka should make is starting White, benching Horford, playing Williams more minutes over Horford and playing small.
They definitely need an upgrade at PG. Smart has too many turnovers and Tatum has to handle the ball too much which makes it harder for him to get good shots as he's always at the top of the key with 5 defenders focused on him. He needs to get on the wing to get more one on one matchups and play off the ball more as he's a great cutter..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Celtics biggest issue is that they don't play with a natural PG or playmaker. Tatum is developing as a playmaker and will get there eventually I think. Smart is a great devender but he's not a natural playmaker.
Like I said in my other post, they don't have enough playmaking at PG. Smart turns it over way too much. White is a solid bench player but is too inconsistent and tentative offensively and doesn't create for others.

Tatum is playing PG more often than he's playing forward which makes it easier for them to double him and forces him to take more contested shots late in the clock..

Ideally they get a PG but they traded their 22 1st for White and won't have much cap space.. The Celtics need another bench scorer too. The bench has given them no scoring in the finals.