NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Make that 6-2 now bro

We slapped those Pelicans lol PS pelicans has to be one of the gayest names for a team, after Roosters lol
Hopefully will be 7-2 after playing Orlando tragic today.
Pels was bizarre game.
Totally outplayed them for 3 qtrs then we let Holiday off the leash and forget how to play defence.
Still relying on mid game far too much - if DeMar or LA struggle then we can't win games.

PS Roosters is only beaten by Eels for gayness haha

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spurs down 63-54 at the half.
Ugly game shooting, 42% to Orlando 57%.
Living at the stripe again and although we're yet to miss, we need to improve our offence significantly.
Tough conceding such a big start on 2nd of b2b games..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Spurs down 63-54 at the half.
Ugly game shooting, 42% to Orlando 57%.
Living at the stripe again and although we're yet to miss, we need to improve our offence significantly.
Tough conceding such a big start on 2nd of b2b games..
You think we would of beat them....

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You think we would of beat them....
Down by 26pts during the 4th qtr.
Rallied to only 5pts down on a Pau triple then missed open looks at the death.
Horrific performance.
One of the worst teams in the league just shat all over us. At home. Faaark!

Malla

Reaction score
Down by 26pts during the 4th qtr.
Rallied to only 5pts down on a Pau triple then missed open looks at the death.
Horrific performance.
One of the worst teams in the league just shat all over us. At home. Faaark!
Spurs are going to be tested until they get their back court back from injury. Would not be concerned at all about this loss.

Can tell Magic was hot early and Spurs were cold and just couldn't recover in time. One thing about Spurs this season too is their defence has been poor, but I think that will be rectified when Derrick White gets back.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully my boy Jimmy buckets is in the only red jersey I like ASAP!

Cp3, JH13 and Jimmy buckets with tucker and Capela can give the warriors a run if we hold our depth and get healthy for the finals. Cousins is one of my fav players and will (if settled and clicks) be a huge addition for warriors but Capela has shown growth again, buckets and cp3 would certainly be better then the end result last year of cp3 injured and Ariza.

M bot and Anderson weren’t in the rotation fuck all so Melo and ennis on the bench and even knight if recovered by then (one would hope) would be as deep. Carter williamsmbeen solid too.

Likely to lose Gordon if we get Buckets I fear though.

Fucking man love for the Greek freak is full swing too.

Malla

Reaction score

Cp3, JH13 and Jimmy buckets with tucker and Capela can give the warriors a run if we hold our depth and get healthy for the finals. Cousins is one of my fav players and will (if settled and clicks) be a huge addition for warriors but Capela has shown growth again, buckets and cp3 would certainly be better then the end result last year of cp3 injured and Ariza.

M bot and Anderson weren’t in the rotation fuck all so Melo and ennis on the bench and even knight if recovered by then (one would hope) would be as deep. Carter williamsmbeen solid too.

If you think Butler will be the answer to Rockets problem then you are mistaken. This team is finished, their offence isn't clicking like it did last season. Melo has been terrible for them, and if Rockets have to lose Gordon for Butler then that is all the more reason not to do it. Cappela has been garbage since he got paid.

I think Rockets missed their window last season. OKC, Jazz and Nuggets probably have a better chance to challenge Warriors than them atm.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you think Butler will be the answer to Rockets problem then you are mistaken. This team is finished, their offence isn't clicking like it did last season. Melo has been terrible for them, and if Rockets have to lose Gordon for Butler then that is all the more reason not to do it. Cappela has been garbage since he got paid.

I think Rockets missed their window last season. OKC, Jazz and Nuggets probably have a better chance to challenge Warriors than them atm.
I don’t think I’m sadly mistaken at all, Harden and cp3 together have played less then 2 full games due to cp3 suspension then harden being injured. Capela really needs them clearly.

On top of that he has been solid without.

Melo has had some very strong games with some trash. He’s adjusting to a bench roll and again has been missing arguable 2 future hof most of the time there.

Butler is exactly what they need. Butler has been huge when playing all bar 1 game. He completely beat lebron and co. He isn’t happy and doesn’t want to be where he is. Houston native but more importantly exactly what they need most. Ennis etc are ok but no Ariza.

Butler is a huge win there, instantly will lift the d, instantly someone else like cp3 who will demand more from those around on that end.

Also another clutch performer they can rely on.

While I would be disappointed to see Gordon go he has been declining every year and is not a game winner. They would be far stronger with butler at sf and when knight gets back hopefully he can regain some form or flip him for another sg/3 point threat.

I do agree both Denver and jazz are looking great and should be threats for the west though don’t dismiss the rockets at all if they can get this done. I don’t care who they play cp3, harden, Butler with capela and tucker and some support if healthy can challenge.

As I said though before warriors with cousins sooner or later is scary!

Malla

Reaction score
I don’t think I’m sadly mistaken at all, Harden and cp3 together have played less then 2 full games due to cp3 suspension then harden being injured. Capela really needs them clearly.

Melo has had some very strong games with some trash. He’s adjusting to a bench roll and again has been missing arguable 2 future hof most of the time there.

Butler is exactly what they need. Butler has been huge when playing all bar 1 game. He completely beat lebron and co. He isn’t happy and doesn’t want to be where he is. Houston native but more importantly exactly what they need most. Ennis etc are ok but no Ariza.

Butler is a huge win there, instantly will lift the d, instantly someone else like cp3 who will demand more from those around on that end.

While I would be disappointed to see Gordon go he has been declining every year and is not a game winner. They would be far stronger with butler at sf and when knight gets back hopefully he can regain some form or flip him for another sg/3 point threat.

I do agree both Denver and jazz are looking great and should be threats for the west though don’t dismiss the rockets at all if they can get this done. I don’t care who they play cp3, harden, Butler with capela and tucker and some support if healthy can challenge.

You are judging the individual player on his own.. but you're not looking at it from the teams perspective and how it all comes together. Melo is finished - if you look at the box scores, I reckon his +/- thus far has been -10 on average - the game he dropped 22 against Brooklyn, he was -2 on the floor. He doesn't play defence, nor can he keep up the pace.

He completely beat Lebron? No. Wolves beat the Lakers - who are sub par at the moment and do not play defence, it wasn't a tough match up at all. Look at what Butler did against Warriors - nothing. He isn't a 3 and D guy - which is what Houston need, they need size up front and a knock down shooter. Butler is a good player, but does he fit into the Houston scheme? No. They've missed their window imo.

Malla

Reaction score
Aaron Gordon just keeps getting better and better... I hope the Magic don't waste his prime years on more tanking and lottery seasons

Malla

Reaction score
James Ennis was getting crunch time minutes over Melo yesterday v Pacers lol

Malla

Reaction score

lol @ Melo

Malla

Reaction score
OKC should be able to challenge Warriors if they are fully healthy come playoffs. They play great team defence and have elite individual defender - they'll be even better when Roberson gets back. They also dominate teams on the boards.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Sorry buddy, jimmy got traded to Philly