NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think for Celtics this will is like a baptism by fire... Tatum will play starters mins and Brown will have to take a lead scorer role on this squad that'll do them wonders come next year. The best thing about them (and with Hayward back) is they're all 2 way guys. I see this team as a fast paced team that'll be deadly in transition with shooters everywhere - they should move Horford, bring in a versatile 4 (Zinger?) genuine shot blocker and 3 point shooter. I reckon they've looked better with Baynes at the 5 simply because he moves up and down the court a lot better than Horford. I feel like Al is also a step behind.

True about Warriors but surprisingly I think they have depth issues in their front court. The re-signing of Livingstone confused me, they don't really need him and I thought they could have done more to bolster their unit up front.
Yeah good call, I think Banes has stepped up well. Hope it continues.
As for the Warriors, as much as I dont mind then I think arrogance has got the better of them??

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clips 3-0. Good start albeit average opposition.

Giannis getting so much hype to start the year.

Malla

Reaction score
I know Gordon got 5/5 from 3 but I have seen improvement in the sense he is sticking to what he is good at ie. mid range and getting to the rim. The perfect state line from 3 comes from opponents giving him that room because he has been so good from mid-range, hence more room to hit that shot. I like what I have seen. He's so athletic too.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cavs will make the finals because the East is deplorable. BUT even though they have IT out and Rose they shouldn't be losing to shite teams like the Nets lol. They look straight turd nuggets.

LBJ has to do everything himself. He can't even get a rest against shit teams and gets played 41 minutes!!!!! against the Nets lol.

Malla

Reaction score
Cavs will make the finals because the East is deplorable. BUT even though they have IT out and Rose they shouldn't be losing to shite teams like the Nets lol. They look straight turd nuggets.

LBJ has to do everything himself. He can't even get a rest against shit teams and gets played 41 minutes!!!!! against the Nets lol.
Yeah people don't talk about it too much but their SG's have been horrible. JR smith shot like 1/10 and Wade and Shump haven't been sighted lol

I think when IT comes back Lebron might just have to play PG with IT at SG or something, unless they can make a trade to bring in an SG. If not for Korver off the bench, Cavs would be getting blown out today against Nets and probably lose against Bulls yesterday.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah people don't talk about it too much but their SG's have been horrible. JR smith shot like 1/10 and Wade and Shump haven't been sighted lol

I think when IT comes back Lebron might just have to play PG with IT at SG or something, unless they can make a trade to bring in an SG. If not for Korver off the bench, Cavs would be getting blown out today against Nets and probably lose against Bulls yesterday.
Exactly. Jr hasn't been sighted since he broke his arm last year. Hasn't been the same since. Can't land open 3 let alone something semi contested.

Lebron had to do everything tonight. If jr shot 40% tonight cavs win. The cavs plan is let lebron do everything then bring on korver to catch fire and drop 20 points quickly and hope the opposition miss. Wade hasn't been sighted yet in Cleveland. Rose is out injured already (both guys barely made it through a week). Fair enough they were cheap buys and you only need them in May/June but still it's frustrating to watch a coach who has never had any idea. Even the line up today. They had 4 forwards on the floor no centre (so to speak) and jr as the only guard who couldn't shoot a fish in a barrel these days. IT will make a difference the guy is a scorer so atleast he will space the floor and I think he will take his game to a new level playing alongside James. But at the same time that doesn't help shumps and jr horrendous form (mind you I think last game shumper was in everything). I think it's time to use the nets pick before they go up the division ranks. Package either Thompson and jr or shumpert or all 3 and get someone like portzingis or someone. Someone that can defend the ring, rebound and can put the ball on the floor. And then they just need a 26 year old korver and they have everything covered.

The loss of Irving and having rose and wade on the floor has cost the cavs 3 pointers. I would think they would be close to the bottom of the league in % and I doubt they can match any opposition if it comes to a shoot off.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Magic touched up the Spurs lol.

This is REAL we are storming into the finals!!!!!!!

Destroyed the Lavs and the Spurs we can't be stopped. We are the new juggernaut we are the new Warriors only better.