Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep we’re screwed without Randle.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This team is something else. Brunson gotta pull it together man but we still 2-0!

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe what I just saw.. how did Nuggets do that? Were down 20 at around the middle of the 3rd quarter and I switched it off...

That was COLD from Murray.

Lakers just cannot beat them. Funny thing is they need someone like Russ to beat them. Oh well, live and die by DLo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't believe what I just saw.. how did Nuggets do that? Were down 20 at around the middle of the 3rd quarter and I switched it off...

That was COLD from Murray.

Lakers just cannot beat them. Funny thing is they need someone like Russ to beat them. Oh well, live and die by DLo.
Love Murray. Big game player. Really wish he didn’t do his ACL otherwise he might of already made his first all star appearance.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe Hart plays 48mins lol that's crazy

Actually think Knicks can make it out the east. They are all DOGS
It’s got to burn for Philly. I swear Maxey and Embiid couldn’t miss. They were hitting ridiculous shots all game. Hopefully that will stop and Brunson actually gets going like he did all regular season. Hart is a great guy to have on your team. Love all the Villanova boys

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I've said all season despite their record, I have zero confidence in the Celtics in the playoffs..

Mazoulla is maybe the worst coach in these playoffs. Makes zero adjustments. We run no offence other than jacking up 3's. And he didn't change things up when Miami hit a million 3's.

The Celtics are now 4-7 in their last 11 home playoff games which says a lot as it's always one of the biggest home court advantages in the league.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I've said all season despite their record, I have zero confidence in the Celtics in the playoffs..

Mazoulla is maybe the worst coach in these playoffs. Makes zero adjustments. We run no offence other than jacking up 3's. And he didn't change things up when Miami hit a million 3's.

The Celtics are now 4-7 in their last 11 home playoff games which says a lot as it's always one of the biggest home court advantages in the league.
He just got out coached today. What adjustments would you have made?
I thought they did not hunt Herro enough, especially in the 4th.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He just got out coached today. What adjustments would you have made?
I thought they did not hunt Herro enough, especially in the 4th.
I'd be trapping Herro more, running them off the 3pt line, especially Martin and Robinson as all they can do is hit 3's. And I would have given help onto Bam when he was going 1 on 1 against Horford and Kristaps in the 4th.

More importantly, I'd never have this 5 out shitty offense they run, especially when it's the playoffs and a team like Miami is super physical. There's not enough cutting from the weak side or baseline. Especially when Tatum and Brown put so much pressure on the D and are dangerous on the move. There's too much standing around with the Celtics.

So as I've been saying all season, it will work in the regular season but you need to get easier looks closer to the basket and fight through physicality in the playoffs. You can't just settle for 3's and contested jumpers.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be trapping Herro more, running them off the 3pt line, especially Martin and Robinson as all they can do is hit 3's. And I would have given help onto Bam when he was going 1 on 1 against Horford and Kristaps in the 4th.

More importantly, I'd never have this 5 out shitty offense they run, especially when it's the playoffs and a team like Miami is super physical. There's not enough cutting from the weak side or baseline. Especially when Tatum and Brown put so much pressure on the D and are dangerous on the move. There's too much standing around with the Celtics.

So as I've been saying all season, it will work in the regular season but you need to get easier looks closer to the basket and fight through physicality in the playoffs. You can't just settle for 3's and contested jumpers.
Yeah I think the defence wasn’t too bad, however I wouldn’t be too fussed about Herro. I would be getting the ball out of Bams hands.
I think they can do more offensively. You are right they jack up way too many 3’s. Tatum and Brown should have top tier interior games but they never show it.
Boston still W in 6, and lucky they won’t have to see Knicks until West finals

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I think the defence wasn’t too bad, however I wouldn’t be too fussed about Herro. I would be getting the ball out of Bams hands.
I think they can do more offensively. You are right they jack up way too many 3’s. Tatum and Brown should have top tier interior games but they never show it.
Boston still W in 6, and lucky they won’t have to see Knicks until West finals
East finals you mean? We should still win the East. But teams like Denver and Minny would smoke us if we made the finals. They play proper team basketball and make adjustments. Denver move the ball and move off the ball so well and Jokic would dominate us like he always does.

The other concern with the Celtics is they're not mentally strong in tight or clutch situations. We've seen that year after year in the playoffs. Tatum and Brown deserve blame for that but Mazoulla deserves a tonne too..

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
East finals you mean? We should still win the East. But teams like Denver and Minny would smoke us if we made the finals. They play proper team basketball and make adjustments. Denver move the ball and move off the ball so well and Jokic would dominate us like he always does.

The other concern with the Celtics is they're not mentally strong in tight or clutch situations. We've seen that year after year in the playoffs. Tatum and Brown deserve blame for that but Mazoulla deserves a tonne too..
Sorry yes East I meant.

Agree on the mental part but I think it should be all on Mazoulla. I'll compare with a championship calibre coach - T Lue, the way he questioned the character of his team a few weeks ago when they were playing poorly. Imagine the risk of this with guys like Harden, PG, Russ and Kawhi on your team. I couldn't see Maz doing this. He can still learn a tonne from this series and maybe carry this over to the next round, hopefully. It would be unfair for Boston not to make the finals. They deserve it.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denver aren't even playing that well. Lakers are just horrible. I have no idea how some 'experts' thought this Lakers team was going to do anything in the playoffs? They are lucky they even made the playoffs tbh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry yes East I meant.

Agree on the mental part but I think it should be all on Mazoulla. I'll compare with a championship calibre coach - T Lue, the way he questioned the character of his team a few weeks ago when they were playing poorly. Imagine the risk of this with guys like Harden, PG, Russ and Kawhi on your team. I couldn't see Maz doing this. He can still learn a tonne from this series and maybe carry this over to the next round, hopefully. It would be unfair for Boston not to make the finals. They deserve it.
We'll see what happens. The Heat own us.. I don't trust Mazoulla or the team one bit and I can't see anyone beating Denver. I'd love to be wrong and see us win a title though but the warning signs are there whereas a team like Denver or even Minny are just way better balanced all around on offense and play good team D..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Denver aren't even playing that well. Lakers are just horrible. I have no idea how some 'experts' thought this Lakers team was going to do anything in the playoffs? They are lucky they even made the playoffs tbh.
It's crazy that Denver has beaten them 11 straight times. The lack of effort on D from AD on Jokic at times was pathetic.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's crazy that Denver has beaten them 11 straight times. The lack of effort on D from AD on Jokic at times was pathetic.
AD is so confusing hey, he has the physical attributes and ability to be so great but he's just mentally SOFT. Joker is great, but I'm certain AD SHOULD be doing a better job on him. Zubac, Gobert and Wemby (yes he's a freak but he's still a rookie) have all been able to slow Jokic down. AD just gives up after 2 quarters.

I'm hoping Denver win game 4 - that would be 2 years in a row SWEPT. Then I want coach Malone to talk his shit again. Sick of Lakers and Lebron. Hopefully retirement soon.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll see what happens. The Heat own us.. I don't trust Mazoulla or the team one bit and I can't see anyone beating Denver. I'd love to be wrong and see us win a title though but the warning signs are there whereas a team like Denver or even Minny are just way better balanced all around on offense and play good team D..
The good thing for Boston is Denver has to go through Wolves, then either Clippers/Dallas/Wolves - it won't be easy for them. Reggie Jackson sprained his ankle tonight. They are just one injury to a starter away from regressing back to the rest of the teams. And who knows, I've seen Wolves give Denver trouble. Also Dallas and Clippers the same. They might not even make it out the West (doubt that).

Is Jimmy out the whole series? I actually think it would benefit Boston if he returned. He's shooting the ball horrendously :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
AD is so confusing hey, he has the physical attributes and ability to be so great but he's just mentally SOFT. Joker is great, but I'm certain AD SHOULD be doing a better job on him. Zubac, Gobert and Wemby (yes he's a freak but he's still a rookie) have all been able to slow Jokic down. AD just gives up after 2 quarters.

I'm hoping Denver win game 4 - that would be 2 years in a row SWEPT. Then I want coach Malone to talk his shit again. Sick of Lakers and Lebron. Hopefully retirement soon.
Yeah I love Mike Malone. Sacramento were so dumb to fire him. Aaron Gordon never gets enough credit either. He's a big part of their success too

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The good thing for Boston is Denver has to go through Wolves, then either Clippers/Dallas/Wolves - it won't be easy for them. Reggie Jackson sprained his ankle tonight. They are just one injury to a starter away from regressing back to the rest of the teams. And who knows, I've seen Wolves give Denver trouble. Also Dallas and Clippers the same. They might not even make it out the West (doubt that).

Is Jimmy out the whole series? I actually think it would benefit Boston if he returned. He's shooting the ball horrendously :grinning:
He had a pretty bad MCL injury and as someone who tore their MCL I can't see him coming back too soon. If he did, he'd be playing on one leg and could risk tearing it and/or his ACL.. They're playing well without him though and are playing with no pressure as everyone has written them off which is where the Heat love to be. As usual Coach Spo is doing a great job and outcoaching Mazoulla

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I love Mike Malone. Sacramento were so dumb to fire him. Aaron Gordon never gets enough credit either. He's a big part of their success too
Agreed to all the above.

BTW - guess who wasn't boxing out Gordon? Made everything so easy for him