The Consolidated Cricket Thread

fo'sure

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
jamie lyon 1st try tonight into ricky ponting most runs.....
hot tip

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
mark vermuelen looked very promising 3 or 4 years ago...as paranoir said he couldve become as good as one of the flower brothers. a real shame to see him the way he is now.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I wanted to watch the QLD v Tasmania game on Fox Sports earlier but my 5 year old nephew had other ideas...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
twas a good match, tassie scraping through in the last over thanks to hilfenhaus with the ball, and birt and bailey with the bat.

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ah a sweet win last night. Bring on the Ashes i can't wait.

I loved this quote from Baggygreen.com:

"At times they almost seem to be toying with each other. "Let's see how much trouble we can dig ourselves out of today."

The windies really fired early in the game, but i just knew the Aussies wouldn't panic. They never do, they are one of the best fighting teams i've ever seen.

Bracken bowled amazingly. To come out with figures like that from an opening spell when the Windies were hitting everything that was wide or too straight or pitched on a good length for 4 or 6, was incredible.

And how about McGrath's second spell. 5 overs, 3 maidens, 2 wickets for 2 runs. It took him from 22 off 2 overs to 24 off 7 overs. The man is a genius.

Australia is the best team in the world and daylight is second.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I tried to stay up and watch it, I went to bed about 1:30, i wished i watched it now

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
top performance from australia, the bowlers like mcgrath and bracken especially. man of the match performance from watson as he claimed 2 fa 11 and 57 not out, safe bet after that he will grab the vacant ashes spot.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
McGrath up in rankings

Australian pace bowler Glenn McGrath has soared up the ICC one-day rankings after his sensational Champions Trophy campaign.

McGrath took 10 wickets in the tournament which was highlighted by a stellar 3/22 in the semi-final against New Zealand.

With a question mark lingering over his form leading in, McGrath answered his critics in the best possible way taking his haul at an average of 15.8 runs per wicket at an economy rate of 3.65 per over.

The Australian veteran now sits at No.2 on the rankings having risen four places. South African Shaun Pollock occupies top spot.

Fellow Aussies Nathan Bracken and Brett Lee are fourth and fifth respectively.

Mike Hussey retained his spot at the top of the ICC world batting rankings and capped it off by winning the One Day international Player of the Year award last week.

The left-handed West Australian had limited opportunity to impress at the Champions Trophy but averaged a solid 40 runs from his three stints at the crease.

West Indies all-rounded Chris Gayle was the big winner as he climbed to second on the one-day batting rankings. The left-hander led Champions Trophy run-scoring, belting 474 runs including three centuries on his way to being adjudged player of the tournament.

He also claimed eight wickets and took four catches to catapult him to the position of world's best all-rounder.

ICC One-Day International batting rankings:
1: Mike Hussey (Australia) 821
2: Chris Gayle (West Indies) 804
3: Kevin Pietersen (England) 776
4: Adam Gilchrist (Australia) 769
5: Andrew Symonds (Australia) 753
6: Ricky Ponting (Australia) 740
6: Mahendra Dhoni (India) 740
8: Ramnaresh Sarwan (West Indies) 739
9: Graham Smith (South Africa) 724
10: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) 723

ICC One-Day International bowling rankings:
1: Shaun Pollock (South Africa) 862
2: Glenn McGrath (Australia) 799
3: Ian Bradshaw (West Indies) 774
4: Nathan Bracken (Australia) 752
5: Brett Lee (Australia) 741
6: Shane Bond (New Zealand) 730
7: Daniel Vettori (New Zealand) 725
8. Muttiah Muralitharen (Sri Lanka) 712
9: Makhaya Ntini (South Africa) 711
10: Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka) 706

F

fatal1

symonds is an awesome player..

look how far hussey has come...what a year he has had...

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
simmo is my favourite player mate
tbh i thought sangakarra would much a bit higher than 10

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
During the West Indies Game, The Commentators were saying symonds has come a long way and is playing a lot smarter Cricket now

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
yeh he just used to be a hitter
now he smarter

i still remember how clarkey got him out earlier this year
suburb drive onto clarkes pads and riochet up to be caught

LOL

M

marapets

Sri-Lanka whooped butt yesterday, it was Bangldesh so it isnt really anything to scream about.
I wish the west Indies played like they did 20 years ago, i loved watching them play...
i agree those quicks were just an absolute class apart the only comparison i can think of is steve harmison but the wi teams of the 70's and 80's were just menacing!!

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
south australia 4/177 over the poms

Lehmann on 96 not out

Hoggard the only decent England bowler taking 3 wickets

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
wa crusing against qld...they are 3 for 225 after 30
gilchrist 130 not out

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Gilly played an awesome innings good to see him back in form just before the ashes.

B

Ben Godberts

how good is ben hilfenhaus.
he should be in the aussie team tbh

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hilfenhaus will definately get his chance next year in the top team. anyone who can bowl high 140s and swing it is gonna cause damage in any level of cricket.