The Consolidated Cricket Thread

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but how many of those 6 times have NZ won ?

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ffs, if we make the final that means more then likely that the Black Caps wont be down here for the Twenty/20 championship thingo, as they shall be resting. So thats pretty gay. :(

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
twenty 20, is stupid didn't even know it was on!
I agree. If they scored 30 goals in soccer it would be boring. Just like when they hit 30 sixes in cricket.

Cricket is all about strategy, the team that wins in test cricket is almost always the better team. You can't say that for one dayers and definately not in twenty 20.

I can handle one dayers but i have no time for twenty 20.

Bring on the Ashes.... and hurry.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and its not even on (Domestic anyway) its one days kimmy.

central districts to go back to back as best team again especially if they don't keep picking jamie how, ross taylor and matt sinclair.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Twenty/20 is awesome :grinning: ... I can't wait to see Chris Harris lol.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
20/20 is good every once in a while as its quite entertaining. however i hope it doesnt catch on too heavily as it good be bad for the game and isnt true cricket.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I loved Cairnsy's last International game, was Twenty/20. Was a right show!! :grinning:, esp with the bowl off!!, i have memories of i think it was Rigger, saying..well shouting "ITS A BOWL OFF"..then Cairnsy doing a bowling action. Ahh great stuff!! :p

BTW PEOPLE BONDAGE IS CLEARED TO PLAY!! woooooooooooooooooot :D, its a shame about Scotty Styris though :(

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
MOTHER****ER!!! I FORGOT THE CRICKET WAS ON!

Hopefully i havent missed much

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*dances* w00t w00t, we're bowling, w00t w00t. Ima happy, cos we've always bowled first and i havent seen us bowl, cos i've been sleeping!!

Justanothergirl

Je Suis Sexy
Reaction score
Ahh bless, Kimmy it's good to see a fellow Kiwi, female cricket fan! I prefer test cricket tbh, but I love ODIs too. I grew up watching Richard Hadlee bowl, Martin Crowe & Andrew Jones bat, Ian Smith as keeper *sobs* oh the good old days...*sigh* :p

We love Bond, however every time he's named in the squad, we get nervous that he'll end up with yet another injury. We really need him, he's great. I'm not holding out much hope for the game tbh...but I'll still support our boys whatever the result. Hopefully a win...fingers crossed!

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
Man how good was Rainas catch the other night to get Gilchrist out. They just showed a replay of it, ****ing awesome.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
typical flatmate decides to get his mates over to play soccer on the ps2! so i missed the game!

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
God i love beating the Kiwis. Not as much as i like beating the Poms or Saffers but it just makes me smile.

I thought we might be in a bit of trouble early on in the Aussie innings. I haven't seen a ball swing and seam like that since they cancelled some games in the Windies cause it was too dangerous.

That pitch in the first 15 overs was a mongrel and the Kiwis really missed an opportunity. 2 wickets when the ball is doing that just isn't enough to beat teh world champs. Mills bowled well, bond i thought was too short but bowled some nasty deliveries in his first spell. They bowled too straight too. I can't remember too many balls that had the aussies playing and missing.

Great batting from the pig hunter. 58 from not as many on that pitch was a herculean effort.

I can't believe Watson played the shot he played. ridiculous. On that pitch you know its going to settle down after 15 overs so just be patient.

I really hope the windies win tonight. Bring on Sunday.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Brilliant play by the aussies there into the final now

McGrath back to his normal best

Hope the windies win tonight

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bugger, we lost. Meh ohwell. Yay at Dan Vettori :D..top scorer for us *w00t w00t*, lol to think we had Australia there once, at 4 for 2..then 70 for 3.

IMO something needs to happen to our top order, Louie Vincent needs to get into form quick smart!!, and tbh i've always though Hamish Marshall shouldnt be there, he is to inconsistant for my liking in the batting!!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Pitch was like a Jigsaw Puzzle, too many cracks in it, thank god the aussies won though.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder if any Black Caps will be at the 20/Twenty shindig in a couple weeks time...if we won none would have been, and apparantly a few are set to miss it eg: Fleming, Vettori and I think it was Bond!!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The 20-20 will be incorporated into the ICC Champions Trophy next year, it will be implemented for the players so they can get used to the playing conditions and not have to go to England to play county Cricket like so many of them do so there form doesnt drop

.PARANoIR.

Reaction score
[ASOWINI];683182 said:
Bugger, we lost. Meh ohwell. Yay at Dan Vettori :D..top scorer for us *w00t w00t*, lol to think we had Australia there once, at 4 for 2..then 70 for 3.

IMO something needs to happen to our top order, Louie Vincent needs to get into form quick smart!!, and tbh i've always though Hamish Marshall shouldnt be there, he is to inconsistant for my liking in the batting!!
Marshall is rubbish. How he's still in the side is beyond me.