The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
March 29 cant come fast enough. Thats the last day of Warner and Smiths suspension. They are exactly what we are missing.

Considering the sandpaper thing was a one of event, and Smith has paid the price by not playing for Australia for so long, would you have him back as Captain? I say absolutely. I didnt think so at first, but when i see Finch is the next best option it makes me a sad panda. He HAS to Captain. If hes forgiven enough to play for Australia at all again, hes forgiven enough to solve our Captaincy dilemma.

Also, you would think on form Finch will be the first to go when they return. So who is next best under Finch if we dont use Smith or Warner as Captain lol?
Mate those two are not a magic bullet for this ODI team, we have been on the slide for a long time and well before sandpaper gate, we haven't won an ODI series since early 2017.

*Edit: Totally agree with smith and the captain thing, he should be back as captain immediately upon his return.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That game was pretty much the story of the summer for mine, not enough runs and the bowlers just not getting key wickets when they needed it.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Lol at picking siddle for his death bowling. Langer should be sacked after the abortion that has been this summer of cricket

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cricket Australia XI Men vs Sri Lanka

1st Innings(declared):
Renshaw 7
Burns 4
Labuschagne 6
Patterson 157*
Pucovski 23
Sangha 3
Doran 102*

2nd Innings(declared):
Renshaw 10
Burns 22
Labuschagne 50
Patterson 102*
Pucovski 33*

So the one guy CA doesn't pick scores 259 across both innings without getting out, while renshaw, burns & Pucovski are in :laughing::laughing:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cricket Australia XI Men vs Sri Lanka

1st Innings(declared):
Renshaw 7
Burns 4
Labuschagne 6
Patterson 157*
Pucovski 23
Sangha 3
Doran 102*

2nd Innings(declared):
Renshaw 10
Burns 22
Labuschagne 50
Patterson 102*
Pucovski 33*

So the one guy CA doesn't pick scores 259 across both innings without getting out, while renshaw, burns & Pucovski are in :laughing::laughing:
The NSW selectors have infiltrated Cricket Australia

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for the strongest team for the World Cup would look something like this:

Warner
Short
S.Marsh
Smith-C
Lynn
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey-WK
Cummings
Starc
Zampa

Thoughts?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think for the strongest team for the World Cup would look something like this:

Warner
Short
S.Marsh
Smith-C
Lynn
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey-WK
Cummings
Starc
Zampa

Thoughts?
Need another bowler in there, i think richardson has come back very strong, i would put him in for Lynn in that team. Agree with short, he deserves another chance, think he only got like 4 games or something in the ODI team.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching the BB tonight? lmfao at ben dunk, they were talking to him when he was fielding and he joked about never scoring at this ground, fox guys look it up and 1 game played for a golden duck. So of course 1st ball he just faced, bowled lol

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need another bowler in there, i think richardson has come back very strong, i would put him in for Lynn in that team. Agree with short, he deserves another chance, think he only got like 4 games or something in the ODI team.
Could definitely drop Lynn for another bowler but it looks a strong side.
Plenty of power and could go from ball 1.

I like the look of Richardson. He seems like he has energy for days.

Geez we need to unearth a good one day spin bowler that is a genuine wicket taking option.

Could get overs from
Short
Maxwell
Stoinis
With a frontline of
Starc
Cummings
Richardson
Zampa

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh Richardson has to be in the mix, he has the lowest run rate against him. Only 27 from 10 overs in the last match. Hes a major reason India took until the 50th over to beat us despite only losing 3 wickets

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could definitely drop Lynn for another bowler but it looks a strong side.
Plenty of power and could go from ball 1.

I like the look of Richardson. He seems like he has energy for days.

Geez we need to unearth a good one day spin bowler that is a genuine wicket taking option.

Could get overs from
Short
Maxwell
Stoinis
With a frontline of
Starc
Cummings
Richardson
Zampa
Yeah with that 4th bowler looks a lot better, with just 3 frontline bowlers i think asking for 20 overs from the others is just too much to ask, getting 10 overs from the others is totally fine. With starc and cummins in the team, we would bat very deep and can copy the pommy blue print of just going for it from ball 1 as ya mentioned. Also agree about the spinner, lyon is not the answer for the ODI's, not 100% sure zampa is either but we really don't have a lot else so i would be happy to give him another go

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate those two are not a magic bullet for this ODI team, we have been on the slide for a long time and well before sandpaper gate, we haven't won an ODI series since early 2017.

*Edit: Totally agree with smith and the captain thing, he should be back as captain immediately upon his return.
Afaik, Smith cant be considered for a leadership role for a further 12 months after his suspension ends.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon adding in someone like Faulkner as the 4th bowler. Has been playing well in the BBL and honestly we need a bit of agro in there. Cricket Australia has done a 180 since sandpaper gate and all the players have become a bunch of pussies. Need someone who can fire up the team

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon adding in someone like Faulkner as the 4th bowler. Has been playing well in the BBL and honestly we need a bit of agro in there. Cricket Australia has done a 180 since sandpaper gate and all the players have become a bunch of pussies. Need someone who can fire up the team
Not sure as to why nobody mentioning Faulkner's name for the world cup squad.
I realise 2 years is a long time in sport but he is, and always will be, a handy medium pacer and potentially match winning lower order bat.
Maxwell and Stoinis are probably ahead of him for that position but we do need someone who doesn't always smile when they get smashed to the boundary!

Also, congrats to Jye Richardson taking his 1st test wkt on debut.
Well done son, hopefully the first of many!

Last edited: