The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone looking at the scorecard, no 131 is not a typo next to shaun marsh lol . First aussie all summer to get a hundred

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We got away with it in the first game, but you just can't keep scoring sub 300 scores in ODI's, with all the rule changes in ODI's and the advent of T20, most of the top teams will chase down 300 with ease. That game tonight might look close on paper but india hardly needed to get out of second gear to chase that down.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
How the fuck is Siddle in the side. Our selectors are crap

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Game over now, well done. Great effort from that sharma dude though
I remember the good old days when the MOTM would get a trophy & $1000. Now the MOTM gets a bat grip & shoelaces! Ain't the professional era grand!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We got away with it in the first game, but you just can't keep scoring sub 300 scores in ODI's, with all the rule changes in ODI's and the advent of T20, most of the top teams will chase down 300 with ease. That game tonight might look close on paper but india hardly needed to get out of second gear to chase that down.
We are only a Steve smith and Warner in and finch and another out, and we would be much better off in the scoring dept.

I've given s marsh some heat and called for his axing after a poor start to the summer, but to his credit has gotten better and better since unlike some players...Finch!.....why is he in the side let alone captain? He needs to get his confidence and technique right again at lower grades imo

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is amateur hour at the gabba

I live about 12km from the Gabba (and across the river), and so don't know how many suburbs are affected by this power issue, but there surely has to be a generator on hand or some other back up option.

Plus, now that some of the lights are on, there is enough lights to play.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I live about 12km from the Gabba (and across the river), and so don't know how many suburbs are affected by this power issue, but there surely has to be a generator on hand or some other back up option.

What happened? I been watching the tennis

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Alinta Energy trying to save them money

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a rort ... looking good for the gabba day/night test coming up :laughing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened? I been watching the tennis
Firstly, my disclaimer: I turned on the game about 2 minutes after the lights went out, but here is what i understood took place:

1. Sydney Thunder put in a really good score. Watto punched out a ton in the process.
2. Heat start off poor, 2-10 after 3.
3. One of the light towers went out. Apparently, it was an issue beyond the Gabba.
4. Umpires deemed it to be unsafe, and haled game.

Now, the reports over the next hour were mixed (and hopefully it will be cleared up in the morning). On one hand some were saying it was not safe for the players. Thunder then offered to only bowl spin. Was rejected. I mean seriously, cricketers can be precious. They would have played all their grade cricket on lumps suburban grounds without Gabba quality lighting (probably without sight screens as well).

Then, there were reports that it was the fans safety that was the issue. The game wasn't sold out, and so it would have taken 10 minutes to move any fan in a darkened area to a well lit one.

Overall, it was a terrible response. Most cricket games are now played partly at night. There needs to be better strategies in place. Andrew Symonds kept banging on about he hoped the incident wasn't caused by someone hitting a power pole, but that's shouldn't make a difference to how things are responded to on the ground.

I'm going to the test at the Gabba in a week.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly, my disclaimer: I turned on the game about 2 minutes after the lights went out, but here is what i understood took place:

1. Sydney Thunder put in a really good score. Watto punched out a ton in the process.
2. Heat start off poor, 2-10 after 3.
3. One of the light towers went out. Apparently, it was an issue beyond the Gabba.
4. Umpires deemed it to be unsafe, and haled game.

Now, the reports over the next hour were mixed (and hopefully it will be cleared up in the morning). On one hand some were saying it was not safe for the players. Thunder then offered to only bowl spin. Was rejected. I mean seriously, cricketers can be precious. They would have played all their grade cricket on lumps suburban grounds without Gabba quality lighting (probably without sight screens as well).

Then, there were reports that it was the fans safety that was the issue. The game wasn't sold out, and so it would have taken 10 minutes to move any fan in a darkened area to a well lit one.

Overall, it was a terrible response. Most cricket games are now played partly at night. There needs to be better strategies in place. Andrew Symonds kept banging on about he hoped the incident wasn't caused by someone hitting a power pole, but that's shouldn't make a difference to how things are responded to on the ground.

I'm going to the test at the Gabba in a week.
barely 10 mins after they called the game off, the light came back on :laughing:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
only reasonable response is to remove the heat from the competition

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let's see if Finch can get double figures today, for something different

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well that was a shit performance again. India should get this with 5 or more overs to spare. Whats with this shit opening combination? Who is Alex Carey ffs. I havent heard of him before this series. All i know is he is shit. And Finch. Man. How many failures exactly will it take for him to be dumped? Is Des Hasler coaching this side? I havent seen a batsman have a worse run in my life, probably because previously with half of the bad run he has had currently he would have been dropped. Not now though. Hes Captain. Who is he giving blowies to ffs? Hes absolute shite and should never play for Australia again, let alone captain it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
March 29 cant come fast enough. Thats the last day of Warner and Smiths suspension. They are exactly what we are missing.

Considering the sandpaper thing was a one of event, and Smith has paid the price by not playing for Australia for so long, would you have him back as Captain? I say absolutely. I didnt think so at first, but when i see Finch is the next best option it makes me a sad panda. He HAS to Captain. If hes forgiven enough to play for Australia at all again, hes forgiven enough to solve our Captaincy dilemma.

Also, you would think on form Finch will be the first to go when they return. So who is next best under Finch if we dont use Smith or Warner as Captain lol?