The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
With international T20, if the first team batting score 180+, the second team has a 1 in 9 chance of winning. Makes it rather boring actually.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
With international T20, if the first team batting score 180+, the second team has a 1 in 9 chance of winning. Makes it rather boring actually.

to be honest , indian bowlers are better than aussie bowlers.

aussies couldnt take more than 3 wickets in any T20 so far against India.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What has happened to faulkner? he used to be a gun finisher, he has been useless this summer.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
to be honest , indian bowlers are better than aussie bowlers.

aussies couldnt take more than 3 wickets in any T20 so far against India.
Oh yeah very true, Australia struggled in ODI's to take wickets too. I guess they are missing a few front line bowlers but there is certainly nothing terribly exciting waiting in the wings for them.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What has happened to faulkner? he used to be a gun finisher, he has been useless this summer.
told you kohli is faulkners kryptonite.

Oh yeah very true, Australia struggled in ODI's to take wickets too. I guess they are missing a few front line bowlers but there is certainly nothing terribly exciting waiting in the wings for them.
5-6 front line aussie pacers are injured including starc , hazlewood, pattinson, siddle (not sure) and harris and jhonson retired leaves you with B rated bowlers.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think too many of the australian batsmen try to smash the cover off the ball too much. Watch Kohli play, he doesn't try for the miracle 6 every shot, he just plays darn good cricket shots. khawaja has been playing similar cricket to this, how he is not in the team is beyond me.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think too many of the australian batsmen try to smash the cover off the ball too much. Watch Kohli play, he doesn't try for the miracle 6 every shot, he just plays darn good cricket shots. khawaja has been playing similar cricket to this, how he is not in the team is beyond me.

as Rod Marsh, he cant fit him in the team, lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
These idiots now decide to call Usman up to the team haha.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have no idea why Watson is in the side and Usman isnt. Watson has done nothing at national level in any form of the game in a long time. Looks like Lynn couldnt make the step up from big bash too. He was good in that though.

Hard to beat the worlds best 20/20 team with a severely depleted bowling attack, and even worse last night Warner and Smith also out. Im surprised we got as close as we did considering.

Wade pretty much fked our chances last night when he stupidly run out Finch on 74. It was never a run, he hit it directly to an infielder. What was he thinking? Then after that he almost gets run out by not running when a single was definitely on. Then he is blocking and pushing singles when we need over 12 runs an over. He was rubbish imo. And to top it off he made Finch push his hammy and may now be injured and miss a number of matches.

I dont have high hopes for the 20/20 world cup.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
These idiots now decide to call Usman up to the team haha.
Now wheres that horse, i know i shut the gate....hmmm.....

lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea why Watson is in the side and Usman isnt. Watson has done nothing at national level in any form of the game in a long time. Looks like Lynn couldnt make the step up from big bash too. He was good in that though.

Hard to beat the worlds best 20/20 team with a severely depleted bowling attack, and even worse last night Warner and Smith also out. Im surprised we got as close as we did considering.

Wade pretty much fked our chances last night when he stupidly run out Finch on 74. It was never a run, he hit it directly to an infielder. What was he thinking? Then after that he almost gets run out by not running when a single was definitely on. Then he is blocking and pushing singles when we need over 12 runs an over. He was rubbish imo. And to top it off he made Finch push his hammy and may now be injured and miss a number of matches.

I dont have high hopes for the 20/20 world cup.

finchs fault and even the commentator pointed it out that Finch should tell his batting partner that he cant run the quick singles due to his hammy.

Watson has been the most economical australian bowler in last 2 games, yet Finch didnt finish his quota of overs yesterday

he is pathetic captain.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Damn looks like i get to eat some words about Watson. Until today i hadnt seen him score more than in the 20s for a long time in any form (i didnt see every big bash game though). Great knock. Only the 2nd Aussie to get a international 20/20 ton.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i have been saying it.

Watson for perma captain!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i just cant believe with the pace tate has , he is not a tear away bowler on the international stage

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i just cant believe with the pace tate has , he is not a tear away bowler on the international stage

ok now i know why.

fkn idiot, cant get his line right after so many years.