The Consolidated Cricket Thread

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
If katich grabbed his vice-captain by the throat over the timing over when they sang a ****ing song, he deserved to be rubbed out of the game. What a ****ing sook.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If katich grabbed his vice-captain by the throat over the timing over when they sang a ****ing song, he deserved to be rubbed out of the game. What a ****ing sook.
not sure if clark was vice captain at that time. Also katich is not the sort of fella who would grab other peoples throat willy nilly for no reason.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Katich thing was so overblown, and Clarke had nothing to do with his demise. Katich was simply a batsman that never really lived up to the hype.
Katich was one of our best batsmen at the time. Don't give me bullshit about he never lived up to the hype.

He averaged 50 runs an innings for his last 25 innings. His replacement wasn't as good as him.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
you cant be serious. lara bingle changes the tradition of the Australian team? lmao

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
not sure if clark was vice captain at that time. Also katich is not the sort of fella who would grab other peoples throat willy nilly for no reason.
That's pretty much the point I'm making - as if the altercation was about the timing of a team song...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last 7 test series batting averages for Katich are:

Ashes in England 2009 (5 Tests) : 42.62
West Indies in Australia 2009 (3 Tests): 60.40
Pakistan in Australia 2009/10 (2 Tests): 52.75
Australia in Newzealand 2010 (2 Tests): 97.00
Australia/Pakistan in England 2010 (2 Tests): 46.75
Australia in India 2010 (2 Tests): 27.5
Ashes in Australia 2010/11 (2 Tests): 24.25

Fck you Michael Cock.

in his last 33 matches for Australia as an opener ,he scored 2928 runs with an average of 50.5

still think what the hype was about CD? :-)

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katto was a top batsman but from stories I've heard, he's an absolute bellend. I know plenty of people who have met him through coaching and such and they all say he'd a massive douche with a huge ego.

And it was all blown out of proportion. The song was meant to be sung in the sheds after the game like every match. For some reason certain players were going on a cruise or something and wanted to sing it on the boat. Because the whole team weren't going on the boat, pup said it was ridiculous to break tradition and argued that the song should be sung then and there like always. That's when Katto apparently grabbed him.

No one will ever know what really happened but that's the story I've been told by a couple of different people in the know. Pup is very popular among his team mates and Katich is definitely not popular with everyone he's played with.

Youre kidding yourself if you think pup, as vice captain, single handedly over ruled selectors and ruined his career. He may have complained about Kattos actions but ultimately he got dumped because he's an egotistical wanker and done nothing for team harmony

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok we only have to bat for two days, score about 600-650 and game on lmfao

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Katto was a top batsman but from stories I've heard, he's an absolute bellend. I know plenty of people who have met him through coaching and such and they all say he'd a massive douche with a huge ego.

And it was all blown out of proportion. The song was meant to be sung in the sheds after the game like every match. For some reason certain players were going on a cruise or something and wanted to sing it on the boat. Because the whole team weren't going on the boat, pup said it was ridiculous to break tradition and argued that the song should be sung then and there like always. That's when Katto apparently grabbed him.

No one will ever know what really happened but that's the story I've been told by a couple of different people in the know. Pup is very popular among his team mates and Katich is definitely not popular with everyone he's played with.

Youre kidding yourself if you think pup, as vice captain, single handedly over ruled selectors and ruined his career. He may have complained about Kattos actions but ultimately he got dumped because he's an egotistical wanker and done nothing for team harmony

If he was such douche with a huge ego he wouldnt have played over 50 test matches and continuously through out 2008,09, 10, 11 season under Ricky Ponting. Captain has a big say in team selection and only person Katich ever had any problem with was Clark who happened to be the captain of the team.

Aussies have been struggling to find a decent opener after hayden and langer till they got warner / rogers combination going and that was only recently and during that time Katich had been scoring consistently in domestic cricket.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was such douche with a huge ego he wouldnt have played over 50 test matches and continuously through out 2008,09, 10, 11 season under Ricky Ponting. Captain has a big say in team selection and only person Katich ever had any problem with was Clark who happened to be the captain of the team.

Aussies have been struggling to find a decent opener after hayden and langer till they got warner / rogers combination going and that was only recently and during that time Katich had been scoring consistently in domestic cricket.
Plenty of ego maniacs have played lots of tests.. Warney has an ego the size of the universe.. I can assure you he's had issues with more players than pup.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of ego maniacs have played lots of tests.. Warney has an ego the size of the universe.. I can assure you he's had issues with more players than pup.
I know and i can assure you that no matter what kinda person Katich was, Clark had a big part in not selecting him.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know and i can assure you that no matter what kinda person Katich was, Clark had a big part in not selecting him.
I'm sure he did. And rightly so. Katich acted like a pork chop. End of the day there's still 4 selectors above Clarke and they obviously saw issues with Katich

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure he did. And rightly so. Katich acted like a pork chop. End of the day there's still 4 selectors above Clarke and they obviously saw issues with Katich
why they didnt see it for 4 years under ponting?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aussies 0/91.

24 hours is a long time in test cricket.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Steve smith should be ashamed of that. Wide rubbish and he chased it. We are the dumbest cricket team in the world. England by an innings an 100+ in two days, what a disgrace Australia

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aussies 0/91.

24 hours is a long time in test cricket.
You should have known the inevitable collapse was coming, with this team it's always a matter of when not if ;-)

Hopefully the last we ever see of those dud marsh brothers. Watson and his usual 20-30 runs looks better at this stage.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You should have known the inevitable collapse was coming, with this team it's always a matter of when not if ;-)

Hopefully the last we ever see of those dud marsh brothers. Watson and his usual 20-30 runs looks better at this stage.
Let them come back to oz and they will be back in form.

Aussie cricketers are becoming like Indians.

Lions at home, pussys away from home.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh great, Joe Root just become the number 1 test batsmen. Interesting times ahead for us, clarke leaving and no doubt a shitload more with him at the end of the series. Smith will obviously be captain, i think he has to move to number 4. He doesn't have the technique good enough for a number 3.

Regardless of what people think of clarke, at his peak he was a phenomenal run scorer. It's a wise choice to step aside, all his injuries etc he would have never reached those peaks again.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sad to see Clarke go. Was saying yesterday he is the last of the players that I grew up watching. Clarke is a legend and good on him for recognising that he was at a point where he was not performing to a level that he should and was holding others back and therefore it was time to go. As much as I love Punter and he was my favourite player he should have done the same (and he himself admits that). I reckon we are in for a few lean seasons as we rebuild the team but we have a good junior system in place and should be back dominating soon enough!!!