The Consolidated Cricket Thread

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some guys twitter post of the day:

Australia's innings in one twitter post:
04W24W0W04100000W40000110W020000401000W000000000101000011W0011200010040040000W1W30000000000000400000000000001004W
That's ridicules

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
You gotta laugh .... What a ****in debacle !

Credit to Broad. We'll be hearing about that spell for the rest of our lives.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never liked the prick since he single handedly destroyed Michael Katich career despite he was the best opener in domestic cricket.

The only reason he hated Katich cos he showed what an arrogant fck Clark was for not being part of the team winning song as he had to get out early to see his girl friend Lara Bingle.
Whos Michael Katich? Is he any relation to simon?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never liked the prick since he single handedly destroyed Michael Katich career despite he was the best opener in domestic cricket.

The only reason he hated Katich cos he showed what an arrogant fck Clark was for not being part of the team winning song as he had to get out early to see his girl friend Lara Bingle.
The Katich thing was so overblown, and Clarke had nothing to do with his demise. Katich was simply a batsman that never really lived up to the hype.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found him on linkedin he is " the business managers assistant at consulate healthcare"
In Pennsylvania USA
Wow. Matthew Clarke done him a favour ruining his cricket career.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Katich thing was so overblown, and Clarke had nothing to do with his demise. Katich was simply a batsman that never really lived up to the hype.
straight from the horses mouth:

Simon Katich has suggested he will never be chosen for Australia so long as the team is led by Michael Clarke.
Katich has admitted that Clarke did indeed play a role in his removal from the list of Cricket Australia contracts, having previously denied the pair's colourful history had anything to do with the decision.
Following Australia's ODI series win in South Africa, Clarke responded by saying he was not a selector when the call was made, but felt Katich's comments were hurtful to the morale of the team.
On the day CA unveiled John Inverarity as its new full-time national selector, replacing the former chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch, Katich made a century for New South Wales in a drawn Sheffield Shield match and said he took little joy in the appointment because Clarke would not countenance his recall to the team.
Katich's relationship with Clarke deteriorated after a dressing room stoush at the end of the 2009 SCG Test between Australia and South Africa, in which Katich grabbed the then vice-captain by the throat after an argument had developed over when the team song would be sung.
Though he previously denied any link between the incident and the end of his international career, Katich now revealed it had played a significant part.
"It's pleasing to hear but I think you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that it's not just the selectors that had a part in sending me on my way," Katich said. "I mean to be brutally honest obviously what happened in the dressing room here a few years ago didn't help my cause. And obviously the captain and coach are selectors.
"Just because he [Inverarity] is going to be chairman of selectors or whatever role it is I wouldn't have thought that'd make too much difference."
Asked whether or not he could ever expect to play for Australia while Clarke was captain, Katich replied: "I wouldn't have thought so. That's probably why I'm in this position in the first place."
Katich also had further harsh words for CA, saying he had still not even received a phone call from the governing body's Melbourne headquarters to discuss his removal or commiserate.
"No one from Cricket Australia has been in contact with me since," Katicih said. "I just think that no-one's been in touch since that happened, it's pretty disrespectful I think from my personal point of view. Given I've been contracted for 11 years, to not have any contact whatsoever that's pretty disappointing.
"As Chris Rogers said that's blatantly rude to be honest. It's just common courtesy to give someone a call back.
"I enjoy playing my cricket here, so that's why I'm still playing. A big part of that was I had a lot of support at the time when the axing happened so to have that support has spurred me on to keep playing.
"Hopefully some good will come out of my situation. I wasn't the only one to go through it, plenty of players have felt the same frustration."
Following his removal from the contracts list, Katich had delivered a considered but unbridled attack on the national selectors and CA, foreshadowing much of the changes that were imparted by the Argus review, including the appointment of Inverarity.
However at the time he denied his confrontation with Clarke had any bearing on the decision.
"I don't think that was an issue," Katich said at the time. "We had a professional relationship."
Clarke had similarly denied any involvement in the decision to remove Katich.
"To say that I have anything to do with it is plain wrong," Clarke said in June. "And to bring up what happened - what was it, two years ago between Simon and I - is just as wrong.
"We sorted things out there and then and I have enjoyed playing my cricket with him in the time since and I am looking forward to playing more cricket with him in the future. There is no ongoing issue between us and there wasn't one from the moment we sorted things out that day."

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
^So one man's word against another basically. I wonder which one has an Axe to grind?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last 7 test series batting averages for Katich are:

Ashes in England 2009 (5 Tests) : 42.62
West Indies in Australia 2009 (3 Tests): 60.40
Pakistan in Australia 2009/10 (2 Tests): 52.75
Australia in Newzealand 2010 (2 Tests): 97.00
Australia/Pakistan in England 2010 (2 Tests): 46.75
Australia in India 2010 (2 Tests): 27.5
Ashes in Australia 2010/11 (2 Tests): 24.25

Fck you Michael Cock.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back to last night.

On reflection - it really was the perfect storm. England won the toss, cloudy morning, pitch that green i could barely distinguish it from the field....the ball was swinging like crazy and the Aussies just had no idea how to play it, as we haven't seen to be able to do with the Duke ball all campaign.

Broad's spell was the closest i've even seen to perfect.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
biggest load of shit I've read al day. katich got the shits with him because he wanted to change the time for the singing of the team song because of lara im a dead shit bingle/ katich stood up for the team and had a go at Clarke and has since never played for Australia again even though he was easily the best choice at the time.
katich had his career shortened because of brat politics no question about it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
biggest load of shit I've read al day. katich got the shits with him because he wanted to change the time for the singing of the team song because of lara im a dead shit bingle/ katich stood up for the team and had a go at Clarke and has since never played for Australia again even though he was easily the best choice at the time.
katich had his career shortened because of brat politics no question about it.
So Katich's ENTIRE career was destroyed because he had an altercation with Clarke on the timing of the singing of Beneath the Southern Cross? That sounds legit.

All Katich has done is whine about how he was victimised.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Katich's ENTIRE career was destroyed because he had an altercation with Clarke on the timing of the singing of Beneath the Southern Cross? That sounds legit.

so why Katich wasnt given a second chance by Clark when he gave numerous chances to hughs and hodge as an opening batsmen despite several failures.

and your "inconsistent katich" reason is also void , cos you can look at his batting record in last 7 series he played.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so why Katich wasnt given a second chance by Clark when he gave numerous chances to hughs and hodge as an opening batsmen despite several failures.

and your "inconsistent katich" reason is also void , cos you can look at his batting record in last 7 series he played.
I don't know why the selectors pick who they do. You have to ask them. As David Boon once said as a function I was at many moons ago: "there are 20 million selectors in Australia, but only 4 opinions count" (there were 4 selectors at the time he said it). Katich may have been in the eyes of many, a better batting option than others, but that simply doesn't automatically mean that Clarke somehow, single-handedly, sabotaged Katich's career.

I'm not Clarke fanboy, and think its time for him to move on himself. He will never fully recover from his long term injuries and will not get better IMO. But for some reason there seems to be so much taken as fact by some, when, in reality we don't know.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why the selectors pick who they do. You have to ask them. As David Boon once said as a function I was at many moons ago: "there are 20 million selectors in Australia, but only 4 opinions count" (there were 4 selectors at the time he said it). Katich may have been in the eyes of many, a better batting option than others, but that simply doesn't automatically mean that Clarke somehow, single-handedly, sabotaged Katich's career.

I'm not Clarke fanboy, and think its time for him to move on himself. He will never fully recover from his long term injuries and will not get better IMO. But for some reason there seems to be so much taken as fact by some, when, in reality we don't know.

when it acts like duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably is a ....

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

yes actually, his career was destroyed because essentially Clarke is a faggot. True story believe it or not.