The Consolidated Boxing Thread

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
any1 no how mundines going? sbws fight was so short they were able to show it ovr here on sports tonight. ahaha was able to watch the whole fight on a 15minute highlight show LOL

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mundine won by split decision. He was clearly the better fighter.
oVCOURSE!!! it came down to the ko in 3rd round i think. good on him. That geale bloke aint shiit. hes a machine. but he still cant beat THE MANN

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately looks more cut.

I think the report was he lost 7 kgs to get fit enough for the boxing bout.

What a shame. This kid who could've been argubly one of if not, the best rugby league player turns into a guy who is half rugby union, half injured and whatever is left, boxing with nobodies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a top class fight. Both fighters fought their hearts out. Great victory by Mundine.

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
I was surprised when I heard SBW didn't flee to France halfway through a round.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
points decision yup
Split decision. 1 judge had Mundine up by 2. 1 judge had Geale up by 2. And 1 judge had Mundine up by 1. Very, very close fight. I thought Geale was unlucky to lose.

And Mundine showed again what a pr1ck he was after the fight.

And just what I thought, the guy SBW fought was a complete bum. He nearly fought the whole fight looking at the ground. He had no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard it was just a one off, main cause behind it was charity
Ahh, I see.

Mundine won by split decision. He was clearly the better fighter.
LOL... something about that comment just struck me funny...

heheheh If he was clearly then it wouldn't have been a split decision.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Great fight by Mundine. Tbh he always landed the better punch even though it seemed to be so close.. Much more effective and efficient. Well done to geale he is a really good fighter.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Choc mundine clearly won that fight... BUT, he didn't do it in style. yes he knocked his opponent down in round 2, yes he hurt him on a few occasions but geale still did enough to make it a fairly close fight. Choc has shown he's got good defense. and altho he got hit a few times, i still think his chin in suspect. I don;t think geale hits anywhere near as hard as some of the other middleweights out there, not least kelly pavlik.

I honestly fear for him if he comes up against Kelly Pavlik, which is what he's been talking about next. A split decision against Geale certainly hasn't lit the world on fire and i'm not even sure that Pavlik will bother with Choc Mundine.

Choc will be remembered as a great domestic fighter, but not international class. And at 34 yrs old... times nearly up on his career.

Sonny Bill on the other hand, looked very skilfull and poised for his first fight. even when he got his man hurt he didn't jump in like a mad man swinging wildly. He was patient, showed very good ring awareness and timed his punched very well for a beginner. especially that uppercut. Yes he was in with a bum, but this was Sonny's first pro fight. You weren't gonna put him in with a seasoned pro. He looked quite natural in the ring. With the heavyweight division as it is atm, Sonny could do very well if he was willing to learn properly. He really is a spectacular athlete. I think he should jump ship once again and turn pro as a boxer... If its fame and coin he's after, then boxing's his game.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
mundine needs more power, sacrifice abit of speed for more power would do him the world of good. cant see him knocking out the better international fighters with his power atm

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Worst fight ive seen was SBWs fight. As for Mundine he is a dog he elbowed the dude in the head twice and low blowed him

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mundine needs more power, sacrifice abit of speed for more power would do him the world of good. cant see him knocking out the better international fighters with his power atm
Losing the weight to make middle weight took its toll. He didn't lose the speed though. Very slippery. Amazing hand speed as well, great fight

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speed is power, as manny pacquiao showed against Hatton. the punch your opponent doesn't see is the punch that knocks him out. Speed kills as they say in boxing. But also he sacrificed power when he came down in weight. usually you go up in weight as you get older. Mundine did it the other way around. I think he should have stayed at super middleweight and looked to move up to light heavyweight.

I don't think he can compete with the international top fighters. He doesn;t bang hard enought to trouble them, and there a plenty out there with just as good if not better boxing skills.