The Consolidated Boxing Thread

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
More $$ for mundine you cant really blame him for easly building up his bank account, We all work and earn as much as we can thats simply what his doing, Fights bums gets rich lol.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bought the fight on main event. From what I saw Mundine was lucky to get away with that. The general consensus is that most of the rounds could have gone either way, and generally you need to beat the champ convincingly to win rounds, but I didnt feel he did. As i said, I believe he was fairly lucky. He definately has nothing to brag about.

From what he showed last night, he would get pounded by the bigger name boxers in the US unless he lifts his game.

I believe he has left it too long in his career before finally deciding to fight some real fighters. He is getting on now.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, I know what I saw last night. Both fighters were equal at worst. There was no outright winner in my eyes. Both men had good attack and defence, Mundine's defence was better but Geale's attack was better.

Should have been a draw. There was no winner or loser IMO.
Thats pretty much how i saw it. I personally dont think Mundine done enough to warrant taking the title.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty much how i saw it. I personally dont think Mundine done enough to warrant taking the title.
I dont even think anyone would want to call that a title.

Mundine said he now only had "bigger fish to fry", considering only the likes of world middleweight champions Kelly Pavlik , Felix Sturm and Arthur Abraham.

So IMO either one of these guys next and then he can start calling himself champ. Otherwise, the last credible fighter he fought was Manny Siaca.

I'm a Mundine supporter but I call it how it is.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont even think anyone would want to call that a title.

Mundine said he now only had "bigger fish to fry", considering only the likes of world middleweight champions Kelly Pavlik , Felix Sturm and Arthur Abraham.

So IMO either one of these guys next and then he can start calling himself champ. Otherwise, the last credible fighter he fought was Manny Siaca.

I'm a Mundine supporter but I call it how it is.
Yes that is true. Its a claytons title really isnt it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i said geale is a nothing fight compared to what mundine has been talking about these last few years

he talks about fighting pavlik and jermaine taylor, but he still hasnt landed that big fight and im very impatient now

sakio bika has faught the better opposition, i want mundine to face him next

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
i said geale is a nothing fight compared to what mundine has been talking about these last few years

he talks about fighting pavlik and jermaine taylor, but he still hasnt landed that big fight and im very impatient now

sakio bika has faught the better opposition, i want mundine to face him next
lol. Yeah, I know Rod, was just stirring mate.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Green vs Jones Jr?

Telecrap reports that Greens management in talks with Jones Jr's management about a possible fight in Aus after Roy's fight with Lacey.

Seriously?

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Green vs Jones Jr?

Telecrap reports that Greens management in talks with Jones Jr's management about a possible fight in Aus after Roy's fight with Lacey.

Seriously?
Yeah i heard that too.

In his prime Roy Jones Jnr would have tore Danny Green a new a hole, not so sure now though.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah i heard that too.

In his prime Roy Jones Jnr would have tore Danny Green a new a hole, not so sure now though.
lol he would have tore it withing the 1st 2 rounds imo

now i give roy jones jnr prob 5 rounds before he KOs Green

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would still do it.
Admittedly i have seen roy fight lately, but from what i have heard he is a shadow of the boxer he once was (which is still alot better than most) Too bad too as he is my favourite all time boxer.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Amazing how the Mandine V Geale poll had the difference of one as did the points decission last night. lol

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
pavlik and jermaine taylor would give mundine a boxing lesson