Opinion The comp is so average

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear there’s only one side (Penrith) that is a stand out premiership wise and only 2 challengers that’s it… there is no consistency among so many clubs and we are not the only average side, there are so many issues with so many sides… some major and some minor but the Point is that yes we are struggling but a lot of other clubs fans will feel similar to us believe it or not
The tigers players should be disgusted with themselves for that effort, actually there was no effort with that scoreline, also having the dolphins added is showing that the NRL didn't have enough quality players to make up another team going by some of the scorlines this season!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last years grand final was the first I haven’t watched and if penrith are favourites again I’ll give this year a miss too

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we know about the competition
1)Salary Cap is a myth
2)Newcastle,Bulldogs,Tigers and Dragons have sucked for ages it seems.
3)Since 2017 Bulldogs have been terrible.
4)The bulldogs have had as many rebuilds as there are fast and furious sequels.
5)Ciraldo is a determined to have his fingerprints over our team with Hayze Perham first man picked weekly.
6)Bulldogs to Glide to 14th with a win today

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lesson for us, just have to look at the top teams and see where their players come from, all juniors coming through lower grades, pick up a bit of experience here and there in positions that you can't cover , people saying we have been rebuilding for ten years no its starting now compared to other years.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still stand by my word and genuinely believe that parra won't win a GF in my lifetime.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1)Salary Cap is a myth
5)Ciraldo is a determined to have his fingerprints over our team with Hayze Perham first man picked weekly.
Wisdom

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It only feels average because we suck, if we were on top smashing teams by 50+ I wouldn't be complaining one bit.

Season actually feels tighter than most, the teams that are great are close as are the average and bottom dwellers with only a couple of points between them.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)Salary Cap is a myth
I would also add:
1. Teams are rorting the cap and getting away with it. We all know who they are.
2. Refs are favoring certain teams over others & the bias is so bad it literally gifts those teams wins
3. NRL Fox hate the bulldogs
4. The bunker (aka the bungler) is filled with village idiots who know nothing about rugby league based on the decisions they make
5. Our current coach is slowly shitting me off because he picks Perham & Okenturd every fucking week

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of score blow outs can be directly attributed to the set restarts and the shot clocks on scrums, line drop outs and penalty kicks. Prior to their implementation teams could slow the play down for a short time, enough to recover physically, then work their way back into the game. Now, once a team gets on a role, there is next to zero chance of halting their momentum. Unless you have superior player talent, and get a more than fair go from the ref, getting back into the game once you have lost momentum is next to impossible. The team with the superior talent will almost always win, which is not the way it used to be, underdogs could often grind out a win. The NRL wanted to "speed up the game", "more points scored" but in doing so they have widened the gap between the winners and losers. They may well be more points scored but it's often the one team scoring the points.

Grinding out a win is happening less and less, with many games being decided by who gets the first penalty, the first set restart, benefits from the first 50/50 decision, etc. I puts them on a role and unless they make an early mistake they build momentum, which with the rules changes, has been made almost impossible to overcome.

Always a Bulldog

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RLPA are crooked as much as the Commission. This is the shit that gets dished out every week. PvL said we don't want to change the fabric of the game lol.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally want a Penrith/Broncos GF with Penrith winning.
And for Stephen Crichton to have a "NRL Era" record never to be matched again -
Stephen Crichton
- Played in 9 consecutive Grand Finals from 2020 to 2028 & scored a try in every one of them (Panthers 2020 to 2023 - Bulldogs 2024 to 2029)
- Won 8 Grand Finals in a row from 2021 to & including 2028

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 decisions that have totally F*****. This game …

1) mic’ing up the referees is the worst decision that’s ever been made, it’s given off field influencers the perfect opportunity to get in the referees ear all game and control it for what they call TV entertainment purposes instead of just referee the game how they see it.

2) The more they try to make the game safer, the more they F*** it up, it’s always been a tough contact sport, players know this going in, yes protect the head, but the level the Nrl has gone to is ridiculous, good tackles around the legs/ankles needs to be addressed and rewarded instead of penalised, bring back the toughness ..

3) Unless your rorting it, the salary cap penalises success, the talent pools getting smaller because most clubs have a buy a premiership mentality, start rewarding development clubs, there’s a reason there’s very few elite 7’s and big powerful forwards, clubs don’t have the patience for them to mature and become 1st grade seasoned players, salary cap relief and reward for development would see this change.

4) Introducing gambling without having a stewards type of Nrl independent governing body is just an invitation for corruption and cheating … anyone that doesn’t think this shit is going on is either very naive or just has their head in the sand.

5) TPA’s need to be properly policed, it doesn’t take Einstein to work out certain clubs have found some very clever loopholes to rort the system, this needs to stop, having clubs with 15 million dollar teams on paper but can fit them into a 12 million dollar cap and doing nothing about it makes the people running the Nrl out to be unprofessional cowboys who are just in it for the money ..

Address those 5 points and the game would be 1000 times better ..

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but teams are mostly even. The difference in the end comes down to squad depth, and that's where sides like Penrith shine and clubs like ours drown.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sign of the times.
The NRL cant leave well enough alone making rule changes every year.
The bunker is now chief officiator and yet NRL still cant use the tech to get things right. There is so much inconsistency.
Players are fulltime athletes today with all the tech and resourses available to them yet there is less than half a dozen elite HB's in the game and its been like that for years. Add another team and it just makes it worse.
Betting entrenched in the NRL is a poor look is justified because of $$$
The class and physicality of SOO a distant memory yet is hyped more than ever.

I suppose change is inevitable.
Unfortunately hasnt been good for rugby league.