The Castle has fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% true she's gone
Well, that being the case what a farce last weekends 10+ membership meet and greet was. Can't have only just cropped up in the last day or so, probably a while in the making. Raelene ( of course still being CEO of the time ) was the face of the club and the only board member to front was Anne Sinclair in what seemed to be a pretence of an introduction to fans. Normally Dib would be front and centre but not this time.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I acknowledge the point about ex players, rather I suppose I am referring to Ray Dib and a couple of his cronies. One of those ex players was recently replaced by a woman Anne Sinclair ( niece of Jack and Frank Stewart granddaughter of Frank, who was the president of the football club and inaugural president of the leagues club and daughter of Kevin who was a well-regarded patron of the club.
I know mate, just being cheeky...but honestly there is not a single person on the board of either club that doesn't have the best interests of the team at heart. We can disagree with some of their decisions but they put a lot of their time into working through what is a complex set of issues to come up with what they believe is the best option. Dib isn't doing it for the money - he's got plenty of that. He's doing it because he wants us to succeed. Same with all of them. People forget, one of our most successful and beloved coaches was a bloke who never put on a boot for the Dogs. In fact he played for our arch enemies the Dragons. You don't have to bleed in the jersey to want to give your all for it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess Spoonman this is what I was trying to get at. There have been efforts to usurp them but due to the voting structures and three year wait to actually be able to vote means they can become more comfortable in their position, hence the use of those little cliques I mentioned to garner votes for re-election. How long have they been on the board? It seems an eternity and the only ones who want to speak out are the ex players and they are the ones to go.
Dibb and the Cooreys got in power in 2008 or 9 i cant remember the exact year off the top of my head. Dibb always seems to have an endless amount of proxy votes that gets him re elected.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raelene Castle steps down from her role as Bulldogs CEO
David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago
Subscriber only
CANTERBURY’S Raelene Castle has stood down as chief executive of the club.

Considered as one of the most game’s most respected administrators, Castle has made the decision to resign, but will remain in the role until the end of the NRL season.

The New Zealand-born Castle was the first woman to run a club in 15 years when she was appointed to replace current NRL boss Todd Greenberg following his departure from the Dogs in 2013.

Castle was contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2018, having only re-signed a new two-year deal last season.

The club will commence an immediate search for a replacement, but want Castle to be part of the hand-over.

Speculation within the game has been rife that tension between Castle and chairman Ray Dib had increased in recent weeks over issues relating to an email complaint directed at Dib and a select group of chairmen for an apparent breach of salary cap negotiation protocols after they had met with the Rugby League Players Assoctiation.

The Bulldogs are expected to formally announce Castle’s departure via a press release today.

MORE TO COME

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...o/news-story/874bf1b081e1ce6fdf6ae38c212b4684

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. She doesn't leave until the end of the season.....and her replacement will be?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Official Facebook page has announced..15 comments but only two of those comments appear lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raelene Castle Resigns from the Bulldogs - will leave at the end of 2017 season

Raelene Castle has resigned from her position as Chief Executive and will finish with the Bulldogs at the end of the 2017 Football season.

Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib said “Raelene has made a significant contribution over the last four years. She has strengthened all areas of the Club and will leave us in a strong position for the new Chief Executive to take over.”

“We are appreciative of her professionalism in signalling this early enough for us to find a replacement in time for next season.”

Raelene Castle said “I have loved every moment of my time at the Bulldogs and after four years in the role, the time is now right to look for my next challenge. I wish the Club and the team every success for the future."

“I am pleased that together with the Board we could give the Club leadership continuity and a professional transition to new leadership.” Castle said.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2017/05/25/raelene_castle_state.html

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like shes still here until the end of the season

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess that email she sent last week which was at odds with Dibs was the last straw in her chocolate milkshake

Don't let the salad door hit you on the way out love

Now time to get a pit bull of a CEO in to reign in Des and stop treating the club as a PR exercise because we are the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs not the fkn Red Cross handing out freebies to refugees

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if her deals become null and void now. Like a certain deal she did with a certain coach.
Or a certain fat **** that bludges on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.