The Bulldogs Round 1 team as selected by The Kennel

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You refuse to believe that the same coach who picked Perham at 1 week after week will pick Taaffe at 1?
BTW, what is Perham's future with the Dogs?

There must be some potential that hasn't yet been displayed.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I refuse to believe Taaffe is going to be our fullback, what a massive L.
to be upfront my bro he is deadset taking kick returns and running like a Spencer leinu. He is probably one of the fittest as well. Dont be surprised if his our #1. Critta has to stay at centre so we can have more lethal threats to the oppositions defence.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our team is far from light at centre.

Crichton, Burton, Tracey, Xerri, Kiraz, Skelton, Salmon & Mann can all play centre at NRL level.
It depends on what you’re talking about when you say centre?

When it comes to players that could actually play centre we have several options.

If your talking centres that would make it into most other NRL teams we are thin on the ground. We only have two maybe three that fall into the quality category.

Hence Crichton most likely not starting the season at fullback as originally predicted.

Crichton - one of the best centres in the game. If indeed not the best.

Burton - if played at centre would make a lot of NRL teams at centre. He will be at 6 though.

Xerri - is the only other quality option we have. He does have doubts hanging over him. But if he comes back anything like when he left game he is quality.

Tracey is better at fullback. Can play a role at centre but he doesn’t make the majority of teams as a centre.

Kiraz - Out and out winger. He cannot pass and his number one strength is bringing the ball out of the backfield

Skelton, Salmon & Mann off the bench at centre if there is an injury can cover but not to be named there on game day. Samrani should get a run ahead of these guys.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
to be upfront my bro he is deadset taking kick returns and running like a Spencer leinu. He is probably one of the fittest as well. Dont be surprised if his our #1. Critta has to stay at centre so we can have more lethal threats to the oppositions defence.
Taaffe does all the 1 percenters that Fattrell won’t.

Ciraldo has proven in season 2023. He will go for team balance overall. Like Perham playing fullback and Okunbor to the back row.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good for him but I just don't rate him. Not going to change my mind until he's on the field performing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good for him but I just don't rate him. Not going to change my mind until he's on the field performing.
Good thing is he was the Rabbitohs 1 for their entire finals campaign when they made the GF in 2021.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
mate I can could see the energy in fullback. But yeah like you said anything can change when it’s a live game. But I hope he does enlighten us than what we had last year lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good thing is he was the Rabbitohs 1 for their entire finals campaign when they made the GF in 2021.
Sure but a lot for players could play with a spine of Walker, Reynolds and Cook..I just don't rate him, much prefer Tracey there.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sure but a lot for players could play with a spine of Walker, Reynolds and Cook..I just don't rate him, much prefer Tracey there.
Taaffe was better at fullback for Souths than Crichton was for the Panthers & the Panthers spine is elite.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Taaffe was better at fullback for Souths than Crichton was for the Panthers & the Panthers spine is elite.
Yes, but Taaffe is an actual playmaker, Crichton is not. Anyway I don't rate him, I don't want to talk about him anymore :tearsofjoy:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tracey will be missing the first few round with injury.. it will be Taaffe for sure at fullback barring injury..
maybe... will most likely lace up if he gets through trials.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bump to see how close we were.