The Bulldogs Member Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was the one that asked Des about Klemmer @ lock. The shortest question of the night

I found the night productive and informative. I was on the anti-Des/Dib bandwagon before tonight but I could honestly see the pain that they were both going through. We are a team and we need to stick together.

Keep in mind they didn't have to go ahead with tonight's forum - they all took time out of their personal lives to address our concerns.

Regardless where we all sit with the teams attack/structure/performance - we are all in this together and we need to stand behind the club in the tough times. The boys deserve it and enough is enough.

Keep the faith

There is method behind the madness.

Just stick by us
Looks like you have been affected from the cancer called DibRaeHasler.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have not only hand picked the questions but hand picked the members

A couple of my mates were knocked back and stopped from attending

I can't see how they hide behind the first 300 in get a gig when my mate replied back within the first hour and still didn't get in???

You can't tell me all those oldies were quicker on the net than him surely
No ... apparently some people think it's all legit and there's no such thing as screening.. Bahahaha..

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so they aggregated the questions up into themes and then spent around 45 minutes going through them. Obviously I don't know the full extent of the original questions but by and large they covered off on everything from recruitment, juniors and playing style to board disharmony and the cap. First time I've met most of them but they were up front and didn't stop anyone from going to the microphone nor censor their questions. As expected they handled them pretty well and both Raelene and Aiden Tolman were impressive. I know some people will be hurt by that but she knew her stuff in terms of recruitment, the cap and future direction. Tols was up front in saying our attack has been crap and gave believable reasons for it around the continual errors and dumb ass things they have been doing but also said they have changed their playing style and when they get it right it works, just that they haven't got it that right this year. Things we suspected but now know: Kas is gone and so are a number of others, but not Graham or Tolman (both staying according to Raels). Klemm most likely will stay at 13 as todays game plays a 'tight 3' not props and lock. Des defensive of Lichaa and Mbye and thinks they will continue to get better. Woolford and other young players in reggies are not mentally and physically ready for FG and won't be for some time. Des did the stats thing which was not surprising. As to the audience. It was split between ticket holders and football club members, which explains why so many old people were there. It is clear that Dib has most of the football club members on side so he isn't going anywhere. I don't think Des did himself any favours. He was a bit short with a couple of them around playing blokes who are not aiming up and not winning a comp. Overall, not a complete waste of time but not something you would back up for in a hurry.
Cheers for that OD

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was the one that asked Des about Klemmer @ lock. The shortest question of the night

I found the night productive and informative. I was on the anti-Des/Dib bandwagon before tonight but I could honestly see the pain that they were both going through. We are a team and we need to stick together.

Keep in mind they didn't have to go ahead with tonight's forum - they all took time out of their personal lives to address our concerns.

Regardless where we all sit with the teams attack/structure/performance - we are all in this together and we need to stand behind the club in the tough times. The boys deserve it and enough is enough.

Keep the faith

There is method behind the madness.

Just stick by us
Lucky they getting paid millions of dollars to take a couple hours out of there life for fans, families spending hard earnt money to the club to see half ass performances. All clubs should do the meeting with fans at least once a year

Last edited:

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
really disappointed with the outcome of this. I reckon they would have won more peopl over just being honest and saying we are shit the style hasn't changed and des has set us back a decade

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the forum was a farce,, as expected... anyone of their rubbish answers could have been cut down with ease.. for instance... we average 10 errors a game second only to manly with 9 errors .. meanwhile sharks , roosters, dragons etc average more errors than the bulldogs .. but yet they manage to score a lot more points... throwing des' stupid theory out the window..

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely we are not resigning Lichaa...

Devastated we will be watching the same football for another 2 seasons after this...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lucky they getting paid millions of dollars to take a couple hours out of there life for fans, families spending hard earnt money to the club to see half ass performances. All clubs should do the meeting with fans at least once a year
They wanted to silence the growing pain of fans and save memberships sponsorships etc
Trust me they didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Dib is a slime ball and business orientated muppet. He saw risk of losing dollars and had to act!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No he didn't. Were you there ? Not what I heard.

He said there will be an announcement about kas in the next couple of days. Yeah that probably means he's as good as gone but he didn't say he's 100% gone.
That's true but in answer to another question he acknowledged without saying specifically Kas was gone. My thinking on it was that he may be a mid-season transfer given they expect the announcement in the next couple of days.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So we are stuck with what it is now for two more years. So they are still saying that their is method behind what they are doing even though in 3 years they cannot do it? I can't back that, that's plain insanity!
Probably, but don't be surprised if we don't sign some more players. Nothing that was said specifically just a feeling I was left with.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Probably, but don't be surprised if we don't sign some more players. Nothing that was said specifically just a feeling I was left with.
Old mate is just waiting to sign more players so he can change the style, then say it's the players not his shitty style.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They (Tolman & Des) didn't go into in depth but the gist of it was along the lines of if we have and hold possession we can mount the type of attack that we effectively saw yesterday. The argument was they couldn't mount pressure and lost all their energy in defence which then led to more mistakes in attack and so on. Des even argued that we saw the real Lichaa yesterday because he wasn't stuck doing 50 tackles due to us dropping the ball all the time. Talked about our high off load rate and that none of the players are muzzled. Gotta say there was a genuineness in the way Tolman was talking about playing style/structures and the fact that the players need to do better. He wasn't just answering questions- he believed in what he said. he even said that there is a method in what they do (read into that his 4th tackle hit up!) in order to set up for a specific thing. I think his argument was along the lines that we got to the right positions but then buggered it up by dropping the ball or whatever, but that is my emphasis rather than his.
So why can't they play what's Infront of them as real footballers do
Or change a game plan on the run of the opposition is containing it

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Old mate is just waiting to sign more players so he can change the style, then say it's the players not his shitty style.
I've gotta say Des really didn't do himself any favours tonight. He was feisty, didn't smile and generally was on a war footing. The other 3 enhanced their reputation tonight by at least appearing to answer the questions openly but Des really lost an opportunity. Shame really.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like the forum was a farce,, as expected... anyone of their rubbish answers could have been cut down with ease.. for instance... we average 10 errors a game second only to manly with 9 errors .. meanwhile sharks , roosters, dragons etc average more errors than the bulldogs .. but yet they manage to score a lot more points... throwing des' stupid theory out the window..
He kept acknowledging that our errors were the reason why our attack was rubbish. The extra pressure of defence wore the players out and the fact that we couldn't get repeat sets to make plays like we did yesterday.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So why can't they play what's Infront of them as real footballers do
Or change a game plan on the run of the opposition is containing it
I took it from what Des and Tolman were saying that they would play what's in front of them if they could hang onto the ball long enough to mount pressure. Basically the answer to everything was if we hold onto the ball it will work, if we don't then we lose. Only our defence keeps us in most games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He kept acknowledging that our errors were the reason why our attack was rubbish. The extra pressure of defence wore the players out and the fact that we couldn't get repeat sets to make plays like we did yesterday.
The reason we are under pressure is because of the way we attack though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.