The Bulldogs Member Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine they would have told them not to post anything on social media or forums like last time even though they were live streaming the whole thing!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They have not only hand picked the questions but hand picked the members

A couple of my mates were knocked back and stopped from attending

I can't see how they hide behind the first 300 in get a gig when my mate replied back within the first hour and still didn't get in???

You can't tell me all those oldies were quicker on the net than him surely
They would have trawled through Facebook and Twitter comments looking for happy clappers after the Penrith game who said "the boys tried hard" or "there's always next week" would have got an invite.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
What a farce this club is someone should ring sports talk back tomorrow and hammer the club for this

Let's have a love in and make everyone think it's ok

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Some tweets coming through of Des's responses:
Boring play style is here to stay, no problems with it as long as sets are completed, Lichaa and Mbye are not out of their depth, no problem with them

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boring play style is here to stay, no problems with it as long as sets are completed, Lichaa and Mbye are not out of their depth, no problem with them
Not surprised by these answers

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't see how they hide behind the first 300 in get a gig when my mate replied back within the first hour and still didn't get in???

An hour is a long time when there's 15k members for 300 spots

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
OK so they aggregated the questions up into themes and then spent around 45 minutes going through them. Obviously I don't know the full extent of the original questions but by and large they covered off on everything from recruitment, juniors and playing style to board disharmony and the cap. First time I've met most of them but they were up front and didn't stop anyone from going to the microphone nor censor their questions. As expected they handled them pretty well and both Raelene and Aiden Tolman were impressive. I know some people will be hurt by that but she knew her stuff in terms of recruitment, the cap and future direction. Tols was up front in saying our attack has been crap and gave believable reasons for it around the continual errors and dumb ass things they have been doing but also said they have changed their playing style and when they get it right it works, just that they haven't got it that right this year. Things we suspected but now know: Kas is gone and so are a number of others, but not Graham or Tolman (both staying according to Raels). Klemm most likely will stay at 13 as todays game plays a 'tight 3' not props and lock. Des defensive of Lichaa and Mbye and thinks they will continue to get better. Woolford and other young players in reggies are not mentally and physically ready for FG and won't be for some time. Des did the stats thing which was not surprising. As to the audience. It was split between ticket holders and football club members, which explains why so many old people were there. It is clear that Dib has most of the football club members on side so he isn't going anywhere. I don't think Des did himself any favours. He was a bit short with a couple of them around playing blokes who are not aiming up and not winning a comp. Overall, not a complete waste of time but not something you would back up for in a hurry.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This deserves writing it out

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Looks like Lichaa will be re signed [emoji817]

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OK so they aggregated the questions up into themes and then spent around 45 minutes going through them. Obviously I don't know the full extent of the original questions but by and large they covered off on everything from recruitment, juniors and playing style to board disharmony and the cap. First time I've met most of them but they were up front and didn't stop anyone from going to the microphone nor censor their questions. As expected they handled them pretty well and both Raelene and Aiden Tolman were impressive. I know some people will be hurt by that but she knew her stuff in terms of recruitment, the cap and future direction. Tols was up front in saying our attack has been crap and gave believable reasons for it around the continual errors and dumb ass things they have been doing but also said they have changed their playing style and when they get it right it works, just that they haven't got it that right this year. Things we suspected but now know: Kas is gone and so are a number of others, but not Graham or Tolman (both staying according to Raels). Klemm most likely will stay at 13 as todays game plays a 'tight 3' not props and lock. Des defensive of Lichaa and Mbye and thinks they will continue to get better. Woolford and other young players in reggies are not mentally and physically ready for FG and won't be for some time. Des did the stats thing which was not surprising. As to the audience. It was split between ticket holders and football club members, which explains why so many old people were there. It is clear that Dib has most of the football club members on side so he isn't going anywhere. I don't think Des did himself any favours. He was a bit short with a couple of them around playing blokes who are not aiming up and not winning a comp. Overall, not a complete waste of time but not something you would back up for in a hurry.
Can you expand on playing style and what things are going wrong. They're the main things we want to know

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Appreciate the review mate

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Finchie, I said it last week. They pick the questions and the people who can attend which were probably most of Dibs supporters

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did they mention names of other players going OD?

Also interesting the comment about them saying the new style of play works but it hasn't this year. How do they know if it hasn't worked and who have they tested it against.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Can you expand on playing style and what things are going wrong. They're the main things we want to know
Sets not being completed, complete sets points will come. That is Des's answer, he sees nothing wrong with playing style or players

Status
Not open for further replies.