The bulldogs have identified the staffer who leaked the kikau pic

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t believe the whole story it’s probably some low level Nasheed looking Indian security guard on 19 an hour working in the CCTV room who screenshot the footage leaked it to Nasheed then spread through Bollywood like Covid did to us

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sacked
200k a year staffer too so must be well up the chain

The Canterbury League Club employee who leaked a photo of Penrith’s Viliame Kikau wearing a Bulldogs polo shirt has resigned.
News Corp can reveal the man is a high-ranking club executive earning an annual wage of around $200,000.

League Club management pinpointed a staff member early in their investigation with that employee being issued with a show-cause notice on Monday.

The shot at the centre of the storm..

The shot at the centre of the storm..
News Corp has been told the club’s previous management gave some staff members – including the Kikau culprit – access to the premise’s CCTV vision via an app on their mobile phones.

While watching footage of Kikau, head of football, Phil Gould, and coach, Trent Barrett, posing up at Canterbury Leagues, the man screen-shot the vision from his phone. He sent it to a friend and the photo soon went viral.

The man fronted a disciplinary meeting with Canterbury League Club management and members of the club’s human resources department on Monday afternoon.

Confronted with the possibility he would be sacked, the man jumped first by resigning, effective immediately.

“He’s fallen on his sword,” said one source close to the club.

Kikau, Gould and Barrett were celebrating in the photo after the damaging Panthers forward signed a four-year deal with the Bulldogs from 2023.

Despite the employee having resigned, Canterbury officials are trying to protect his identity.

Canterbury League Club had secured legal advice before heading into Monday afternoon’s meeting.

Bulldogs football club chairman John Khoury, also a Canterbury Leagues Club director, was completely across the entire investigation.

Gould was incensed the photo became public given Kikau still has a year to run on his current Penrith contract. Khoury and Gould shared equal amounts of angst through the drama.

Viliame Kikau will play another season at Penrith before moving to the Bulldogs.

Viliame Kikau will play another season at Penrith before moving to the Bulldogs.
Canterbury Leagues Club chief executive Greg Pickering drove the internal investigation into the incident. Club officials are still reluctant to comment publicly.

The man’s resignation ends baseless suggestions Canterbury intentionally leaked the photo to annoy cross-town rivals, Penrith.

News Corp sent Gould a text on Monday asking whether he was still “filthy” at the photo being leaked.

His response was a stern: “Understatement….”

Panthers management has maintained a silence throughout the drama.

The release of the photograph caused significant embarrassment to Kikau just a day before Penrith’s grand final celebration at BlueBet Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

With the offender now gone, Canterbury wants to shut down the matter and re-focus on off-season training.
I dont buy it... I still reckon it was spiteful EF YOU to the Panthers... It seems we are starting to form quiet the rivalry the way out westies.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to apply for the newly vacated position.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So apparently this guy (Who is definitely not a security gaurd)had the security app on his phone which previous management gave him access to allegedly, screen shot it and forwards it to his son.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So apparently this guy (Who is definitely not a security gaurd)had the security app on his phone which previous management gave him access to allegedly, screen shot it and forwards it to his son.
I know who it is because i worked there from 2018-2020 and I’m still close to lots of people there. They sent an email to the employees about this certain person resigning today. This person was always good to me so this situation kinda sucks

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of shit. The staffer probably took the photo and sent it to a few mates who then sent it out. Either way there are people with criminal records, drug users and players who have done worse that are getting paid millions yet a photo goes out and this kid is probably going to get sacked from his $60k job lol.
Yes but he works in security,there are limitations in what he can and can’t do,it’s brought the club embarrassment and where is the trust in your employer that’s putting bread on your table.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what was the intended use of the photo actually for ? was it going to be used next year in 2022 Nov for 2023 season ?
Yep, it makes you wonder. It had to have been a set up.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1637708181414.png

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know who it is because i worked there from 2018-2020 and I’m still close to lots of people there. They sent an email to the employees about this certain person resigning today. This person was always good to me so this situation kinda sucks
It is often the way... It is understandable the bloke was excited and wanted to share it with his son. But it went south pretty quick.

Of course, this is not a situation that could happen except for the NRLols current rules around contract negotiations and signings, but not too many people are mentioning that...

Last edited:

Raging Bull

Waterboy
Reaction score
It is often the way... It is understandable the bloke was excited and wanted to share it with his son. But it went south pretty quick.

Of course, this is not a situation that could happen except for the NRLols current rules around contract negotiations and signings, but not too many people are mentioning that...
The good news though is that George Coorey is still on the board, so they've really done a great job cleaning up the joint.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of shit. The staffer probably took the photo and sent it to a few mates who then sent it out. Either way there are people with criminal records, drug users and players who have done worse that are getting paid millions yet a photo goes out and this kid is probably going to get sacked from his $60k job lol.
What a strange comparison? By your logic nobody should be fired for inappropriate actions in the workplace.
I don’t know how old this person is but a job working at the Bulldogs probably beats most crappy office jobs out there. If you’re not smart enough to protect your own employment there should be no sympathies when you get fired

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a strange comparison? By your logic nobody should be fired for inappropriate actions in the workplace.
I don’t know how old this person is but a job working at the Bulldogs probably beats most crappy office jobs out there. If you’re not smart enough to protect your own employment there should be no sympathies when you get fired
Its just the double standard of players like Elliot getting 4 goes at it.

Malla

Reaction score
You’re kidding right? Go for a walk