News The Brisbane Sharks? QRL boss wants Sydney club to move rather than add 17th team

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think 1.merging (lose clients sponsorship opportunities instead of gaining ) or 2. moving the teams in this period will happen for the simple reason of logistics in Covid is already in poor condition for the game. This is more the case why BNE or QRL potentially may have to bide their time until 80 % herd population is met. I do believe BNE is the best possible next club licence to be awarded once the travel situation improves. Next licence should go the Dolphins in my opinion.
So herd immunity is now 80%. It keeps going up & up. By the time they get around to it they will say it's the impossible 100%.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moving any Sydney team to Brisbane is a stupid idea, fans wouldn't get behind the team in Brisbane specially when they have their own teams up for a licence.
Reallocating may work into a new league area like Perth or Adelaide but not into an existing league base. Has to be a new team developed from the locals.

The Amsterdam Roosters has a nice ring to it